View Full Version : Mesh???

03-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey you guys,
I have been out of sight because I have been very busy trying to combine my hobby and my work. Currently I am working on piece of sculpture. I need to use the type of mesh that the metal curtains for chimneys are made of. I do not know the name of that and I do not know where to find it either. If any of you have any experience with this type of material, Please help me the piece has not been finished because of that material.
Thank you
Alfredo Alamo

03-09-2004, 06:20 PM
If you're talking about the square wire mesh they wrap the area around the bast of the storm cap, try searching for Hardware Cloth.

03-09-2004, 07:41 PM
No I think he's looking for the stuff than hangs from fireplace screens. It is a chain mesh of some sort, almost like chain mail from days of old. I'm not sure what it's called though.

03-09-2004, 11:39 PM
http://www.metals-inc.com/prwirecl.htm and http://www.finemeshmetals.co.uk/ might give you some ideas on the different types of screens

03-10-2004, 12:07 AM
i found a lot of hits by googling for "Replacement Fireplace Screens". Looking at these prices, i wonder if a trip down to walmart to 'liberate' some cheap-o cloth from thier screens would give you what you need.


03-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Thank you so much guys, As always tons of people ready to help. I found exactly what I needed in the links that Joehobart gave me. Even when I am not working on a fire place the measurments are perfect.
Thank you again