PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: rfc-23a foot pedal and tig torch

fwalz3
11-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I just picked up a Miller DialArc HF last weekend but it was used for stick only and doesn't have any of the tig stuff I need. I'm looking for a used rfc-23a foot pedal and anything else I need to make this machine tiggable.

Thanks

weldersales
12-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Unless you have some of these parts, you should be able to get foot control, torch, gas hose, and regulator for about 300.00 - air cooled torch. If you wanted to go water cooled, and you very well might, you have two choices:
If your machine has two solenoids, and most if not all of the Dialarcs did, you can run city water with the second solenoid turning on and off the water at the same time as the gas. This is the cheapest way if you are willing to remember to turn on the water at the beginning of each welding session and give up the portability.
Second way is to add a water circulator which adds 175.00 to 350.00 to total cost. Your Dialarc has the receptacle on front to run circulator making it more likely cooling water will be there when needed since circulator will come on when you power up Dialarc. Hope this helps. PM if you need any sources, etc. weldersales

klipweld
12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
I have a foot petal, a regulator and a air cooled torch I would sell for $150.00 . The foot petal is a miller rfc-23-60-gd, it has 2 two prong twist lock plugs. My e-mail is seeklip6555@frontiernet.net . Thanks, Charlie Klippel.

fwalz3
12-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for both responses. Klipweld, I sent you an email earlier but I have since downloaded the manual on that pedal (http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o826c_mil.pdf )and found out that the "gd" in the model number means the pedal is for generator/welders only, so it won't work with my DialArc HF. Thanks again!

smithboy
12-06-2006, 09:06 PM
The miller rcfs 5 foot pedal can be adapted to work as an rcf23a foot pedal. It's just has all 5 wires in one plug instead of 2 in one and 3 in the other. Sometimes the 5's are much cheaper. Just FYI.

http://www.weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=3485&highlight=rfc23a

klipweld
12-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Sorry I could not help you out , good luck with your hunt. Charlie Klippel

smithboy
12-07-2006, 11:07 PM
klipweld,
I just realized my post sounded like I was saying your stuff was too expensive...I didn't mean it that way. That's probably not a bad price. I was just suggesting additional stuff that can be made to work that might get overlooked. I hope you didn't take it that way...just to clear up my intentions.

klipweld
12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Smithboy absolutly no offense taken. I could tell you were trying to help him out, as I was too. I didn't really know how to price the lot except I once bought a used 14 pin miller petal for $100.00 , and figured adding a flowmeter and torch, that price would be fair. I've seen you respond to alot of peoples questions and posts to help them out, I think thats great. Charlie Klippel

fwalz3
12-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks for all the help! I finally found and bought a used pedal today, $95.00 cash. My welding instructor gave me a water cooled torch. Just gotta run 220to the garage and I'm in business! Hopefully I can get that done before it gets too cold.