PDA

View Full Version : precision tig 185 power connection in Oz - down under

ISL33P
12-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I am trying to find out if the k2347 has the 3 plug power connection for compatability with the 230-240v 50Hz system in Australia. I know you guys have the two plug system, but i thought that was for the 110v system you guys have ???? Sorry i am slightly confused and lincoln have helped out too much. Or is there something special i have to order. Reason why i am asking is because i have found a cheap precision tig 185 in the US and want it shipped over here and need to be sure it is suitable for Australia.

if you are registered with www.mylincolnelectric.com - which i am not. If you are, can you please send me a copy of this link - click here (http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=12813)

Any help is appreciated.

Ariel

PS - i am new to this forum

runchman
12-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Check out this link:

http://content.lincolnelectric.com/pdfs/products/navigator/im/im832.pdf

It looks to me like it is only for the 60hz market. That would be my only concern, as far as the plug you could just get one locally and wire it up correctly.

But I'd make sure about the 50/60 hz question before buying it.

- John

ISL33P
12-17-2006, 02:38 AM
look like they are only available for 60Hz...not that i understand the difference, feel free to explain.

ill wait on a reply from licoln direct on monday

anyone else have any suggestions

Tailshaft56
12-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Hz is the frequency of incoming AC power line. Your 50 hz. line changes the polarity of the voltage from + to - and back 50 times a second. Our 60 hz does the same thing 60 times a second. Potential issues are motor speed of the cooling fan and overheating the xformer since it will not be as efficient as it would be at the designed frequency. The DC power supply for the electronics may have excessive ripple since the filter caps are also designed for 60 hz. I would talk to Lincoln about this before buying it. My take is (best case) you will be fine with reduced output and duty cycle or (worst case ) it won't work at all. I think shipping on this would kill any deal you could make.

ISL33P
12-18-2006, 06:06 AM
thanks for that, plain and simple, the way i like it.

freight is approx $AU400, which comes to about $AU2500 all up not bad considering they sell for $AU5500 here.