PDA

View Full Version : Stick Question . . . . .

Markopolo
03-25-2004, 10:59 PM
I've just got a question for you old pro's out there.......

6013 and 7014......

I'd like to hear the pro's & con's on both. To me, they both seem to run about the same. I know that 7014 (supposably) is a little stronger that 6013, but I doubt very seriously that the little extra strength would be noticeable in a great many welds.

What do ya' think guy's.... if you could only have one, which would it be ?

JohnDeere
03-25-2004, 11:06 PM
If i could only have one id take the 7014, I just like it better...
Ive done a bunch of welding with em all and the 6013's dont make a very big impression on me... If i had to pick one rod out of all of em thow my pic would be the 6011 in a heart beat... You can weld any thing with em, thier stong as steal.. Just a good over all rod.. But to anser your question yeah id go with the 7014..... Just my 2 cents...

John Deere

MPK
03-26-2004, 12:41 AM
I have to agree with everything John Deere has just said. I would pick the 7014. For all around work in any position I would pick 6011.

lotechman
03-26-2004, 12:44 AM
One thing that differentiates the rods is the fast follow characteristics of 6013. You can run a very fast and thin bead with '13. One application where it shines even over MIG is welding up guards and covers made out of 1/8th material. With an open corner joint you can run downhill rapidly and get a nice smooth weld that seals the corner up.

lotechman
03-26-2004, 12:51 AM
One thing that differentiates the rods is the fast follow characteristics of 6013. You can run a very fast and thin bead with '13. One application where it shines even over MIG is welding up guards and covers made out of 1/8th material. With an open corner joint you can run downhill rapidly and get a nice smooth weld that seals the corner up.
E 7014 has iron powder in the flux. This is a nice contact rod. By that I mean you can strike up easily then set the end of the rod on the joint resting it as it burns off... set the alarm so that you wake up at the end.
If I had to choose I would go with 6013 because it has less flux and can be manipulated in a more radical way.

Brainfarth
03-26-2004, 06:14 AM
Here's some info on rod that might be of some help. <a href="http://www.brainfarth.com/rod.html" target="_blank">ROD</a> It's some stuff I've been working on, so the links won't point you far. I figure in the next couple of weeks I'll have it all together.