PDA

View Full Version : Millermatic 130 XP

Capt.Drydock
03-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Hello:I'm new to this forum and for that matter new to the art of welding.I have worked as a high voltage troubleshooter for the last 35 years.I'm not new to blinding flashes. Getting to my question.I have been looking at a used Millermatic 130XP for the usual small welding jobs around a small farm setting.I would appreciate any feed back on this unit,pro or con. It looks like good solid equipment. Thanks for any help you guys may render. ~ Capt.~

Aaron
03-26-2004, 10:42 PM
The machine was a sweet little machine. Keep in mind the limits you'll run into because of lack of top end power.

Franz
03-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Also bear in mind any 120 volt machine drops performence rapidly if it's not getting the full 120 volts of input.
You'll never run into a machine that can't be turned down far enough to make a weld, but 120 volt machines can only go so far up under the best conditions.

Capt.Drydock
03-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Good thought Franz. I'll recheck the line voltage in my shop before and after I add some load on. Check for any voltage drop.

Franz
03-27-2004, 02:50 AM
First thing you probably want to do is OPEN & HOLD the oilswitch to the garage. Then check the wires going to receptacles, these little buggers really need #10 wire to the receptacle if it's more than about 20 feet from the service entrance.
Thorw a loadbank on the receptacle, and remove the HOLD, and then do some surge testing to see how your voltage is.