PDA

View Full Version : TR-250-HF Breaker Size

dtgibson
01-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I purchased a Hobart TR-250-HF and I am having a problem with it tripping it's breaker. The odd part is that it runs fine if I runing it off the 100AMP fused saftey switch. When I try to convert it to run off the 100 amp breaker it trips intermittenly - just turn the foot peddal on and off a couple of times. It works fine if I stike a arc and weld for a while - but will trip the breaker if I cycle the pedal a couple times. Any ideas?

zapster
01-31-2007, 11:44 PM
I purchased a Hobart TR-250-HF and I am having a problem with it tripping it's breaker. The odd part is that it runs fine if I runing it off the 100AMP fused saftey switch. When I try to convert it to run off the 100 amp breaker it trips intermittenly - just turn the foot peddal on and off a couple of times. It works fine if I stike a arc and weld for a while - but will trip the breaker if I cycle the pedal a couple times. Any ideas?

I went thru this with mine..AR-250-HF..:realmad:

Take the cover off and see what the switch that the incoming wires are attached to is rated at..
Go with a breaker thats above the rated amps...

Its no fun...I know...

...zap!

justweldit41
02-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I have a hobart 400amp Hi Freq at the house and had to put a 140 amp breaker for it. Rent the machine for a week and first cpl ties i used it would kick the breaker. It was on a 60 amp 220V, that i was using to run other welder and had never had a problem. So i looked at the back of the machine and it has a 130amp rating so to get me thru the night i ran directly into the main 200A, Then bought the right breaker the next day. The hobart i have has a secondary thransformer that runs relays to turn it on and off to always has a curent draw on it so i Leave it Unpluged when not useing all of the time. Look at the back of yours and see what it is rated at, could surprise you.

Later

Jeff Kranz
02-08-2007, 05:59 PM
If you do the caculations using that welder at full power on 220 volts it takes about 109amps. I blew some 100 amps fuses and then changed them to 125 amp fuses and never had a problem.

Jeff