PDA

View Full Version : Old CE due mig need help

dhardin53
02-26-2007, 05:45 PM
I know someone here has some experence with Chicago Electric DUE MIG.

Out of the clear blue sky my high seting quite working. It has 4 seting, or two transformers one for the lower seting and one for the higher. The high seting on both transformers dont work.

I looked at the contators in the switch and there clean.
I even cleaned then with some light emery cloth.

This unit has had very little use befor me, and I love it for the small stuff around my home shop. If I really need to weld we have a full farm shop, but its 10 miles away.
Can anyone give advice, Its so cheap I know, but I hate to trach it if there just a diod or resitor blown.

thanks in advance.

o.c.d.
02-26-2007, 11:32 PM
If you could get a schematic (wiring diagram) we cuold help you. That is if you have a volt/ohm/meter handy.

dhardin53
02-27-2007, 04:58 PM
i have a meter, but no schematic. I have it all opened up and it seems real simple.
I have found a DUE MIG just like mine on the net, this guy wants $20 for the unit. He is selling it because a friend started to take it apart that did not know there was nothing wrong with the unit. Now they both can not get it back together. (silly I know) The mig price is good but the shiping will kill me. But I like the little welder I think Ill give this guy a call.

I dont have much luck finding manuals and the like on Harbor Freight when your looking for the older stuff. Anyone have a suggestions.

dhardin53
02-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I know Sears/Craftmen Migs are some times Chicago Electric. I wonder if any one has one and can tell me ther Craftmen No. they have manuals and schematis on a lot of there stuff.

Just a thought....

MicroZone
02-27-2007, 05:36 PM
You can get Chicago Electric support at their site:

Live help online and an 800 number...give it a shot;

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/cs.taf