Torch kit
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Torch kit

Torch kit

Does anybody have any experience with these HF torch kits? Are they knock-offs of Victors? Are they compatible with Victor tips?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90180

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=47392
    Last edited by Sirarcalot; 05-01-2004 at 02:19 AM.

I dont but looked at one at the HF store tips look like victor and looks like they will work!!

rodburner Guest
    I bought one for work and it seems to work very well. Don't know how long it will last.

fla jim Guest
    As most of you know I love "HF stuff". But there's certain things I would stay away from. I think the HF torches would be one of those. Eventually all regulators and torches need service. O'rings, seals, diaphrams, new tips, etc. I would stick to brand name Harris, Victor etc that you can just drop off at the weld supplier to get repaired, and can get parts for. It's not to much more bucks for a name brand.

HF Expert Jim

Thanks for the advice.
    MM175
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone

HF welding setup

Siraracot: I bought a HF welding setup a little over a year ago, but due to health problems I have only used it 5 of 6 times. It cost $100. and worked good while I was using it. It sat for about ll months and then when I tried to use it, the air gauges wouldn't sit still! It now wheezes and hisses and the pressure constantly goes up and down. I can't do much with it now. Not sure what I can do now except as fla jim says, take it to a dealer and hope they can fix it. Maybe lack of use caused something to go haywire, I just don't know. Think fla jim knows best.