ATV Trailer - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATV Trailer

Re: ATV Trailer

I've been browsing this forum all day. I found this post 28 pages back from the front. I love the looks of this trailer and will be buying the steel for my own as soon as I can find a set of wheels/tires and the axle/springs.

Thanks for posting the pictures of your trailer.

that is a sweet trailer!! what was the total cost to build it? what is the width? i also want to build a trailer like this

I have about $350.00 in it and about 10 hours of build time. I used it all winter and loved it best thing I ever built and makes my ATV into a truck hard to beat.

This is an old thread that I am bringin back to the top.
    I think this trailer looks great.

Can anyone explain how you could put a pivot point on this so it could be a dump trailer?

Thanks

Attach the tounge to the underside, center of the trailer body with a fabricated hinge. This will allow the body to pivot. Fab up a reciever / clip for the body to set back down on & secure to the tounge. A trailer hitch pin works good here.

It's back!!!!!
    I still have the trailer and I have hauled well over 1000 pounds in it regulary. It has been the best thing I could have done to make the 4 wheeler usable and really be able to haul stuff.
    Donnelly Small Engine & Welding
    Foley Alabama

Lincoln 225 Tig
    Linoln 215 mig
    Hypertherm Powermax 65
    Ellis 1600 saw
    Ellis 6000 belt grinder
    JD2 Model 4 tubing bender
    Atlas 12"X54" metal lathe
    Lots of large hammers

outstanding project. you did a great job.

did you build your own axle? or purchase it? if so, where?

I purchased the axle from a local trailer company calley Bye-rite trailers in Robertsdale Al. it was custom built and I also purchsed the springs there and the coupler. The axle was arond $60.00
    Donnelly Small Engine & Welding
    Foley Alabama

Lincoln 225 Tig
    Linoln 215 mig
    Hypertherm Powermax 65
    Ellis 1600 saw
    Ellis 6000 belt grinder
    JD2 Model 4 tubing bender
    Atlas 12"X54" metal lathe
    Lots of large hammers

Sweet trailer, Great Job!
    Last edited by nobody special; 05-07-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Great trailer worm, I intend to scale one like that up a little for a Polaris side by side. I really like the idea of using torsion axles though, any one have experience with those on a similar purpose trailer?

I have used torsion axles on an atv trailer and they work great. The cost is the draw back. Here in Ak a set of wheels, hubs and bearings will run $370, the tires at over $100 each. Building a trailer with a walking beam axle I spent as much for the wheels & running gear as the metal for the bucket and tounge. I just check etrailer site and the torsion set was priced $380 - 425, without hubs or rubber. But just weld them to a doubler plate on the bottom of the bucket, quick, easy and ride nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmm View Post
    Great trailer worm, I intend to scale one like that up a little for a Polaris side by side. I really like the idea of using torsion axles though, any one have experience with those on a similar purpose trailer?