i need comfortable boots - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: i need comfortable boots

I had a hip replaced a few years back and am not supposed to bend more than 90° at the waist. This precludes me from tying lace-ups. (I have a couple pair of lace-ups and bend over anyway, but the sawbones says my artificial hip can pop out easily that way. Dad had one pop on three occasions - said it was the most painful experience in his life.)

I bought a pair of "Men's Powerwelt Wellington Steel Toe Slip-On Boot Rancher Brown Oiled and Ever-Guard™ Leather" from Timberland last January.
    www.timberland.com
    Style #53522
    $145.00

I bought them through a friend who's wife works for Timberland so I got them cheap, but I'll tell you, this is by far the most comfortable work boot I have ever owned. I don't even feel the cold concrete floor! Well worth the list price.

-Mondo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member, AWS
    Lincoln ProMIG 140
    Lincoln AC Tombstone
    Craftsman Lathe 12 x 24 c1935
    Atlas MFC Horizontal Mill
    Craftsman Commercial Lathe 12 x 36 c1970
    - - -
    I'll just keep on keepin' on.

my dad bought me my first pair of redwings when i got my first construction job at 15. 19 years later i ONLY wear redwings.
    plenty tough and union made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I had a hip replaced a few years back and am not supposed to bend more than 90° at the waist. This precludes me from tying lace-ups. (I have a couple pair of lace-ups and bend over anyway, but the sawbones says my artificial hip can pop out easily that way. Dad had one pop on three occasions - said it was the most painful experience in his life.)

I bought a pair of "Men's Powerwelt Wellington Steel Toe Slip-On Boot Rancher Brown Oiled and Ever-Guard™ Leather" from Timberland last January.
    www.timberland.com
    Style #53522
    $145.00

I bought them through a friend who's wife works for Timberland so I got them cheap, but I'll tell you, this is by far the most comfortable work boot I have ever owned. I don't even feel the cold concrete floor! Well worth the list price.

-Mondo
    They do look nice. I will definitely try a pair.

I have had great luck with these Georgia Boots though. I have a couple duties. Sometimes I find myself in and out of four or five attics in one day. Up and down on a ladder. I messed up an ankle pretty good recently. Had to get one of those air casts to hold it in place. That funny bone that sticks out, on the side of your ankle, when you twist your ankle, it comes out of place. And you can move it back and forth. It feels almost like hitting your elbow.

They should make those air casts out of stainless steel though. The plastic is not strong enough to get you back out to work on the same day. The next day I was able to go back to work though. I popped it out a few more times because the plastic brace was not strong enough. Wow that wakes you up.

I just did a bunch of hand rails in the cold, in the snow, in the rain and in the slush. And these boots did hold up well. Just needed some polish. Need some more actually. But kept me dry. When I first got them I got them small, and used a stretching compound on them. That makes them fit really well. Makes them snug all over.

I do switch my boots out every day. Keeps your feet from stinking. I have another pair of Georgia boots that are a lower cut and do not have steel toes. They held up very well too. They are a hiking work boot actually. If you are caught working two days straight, and your boots get a nasty odor. I keep a can of Tinactin around. That stuff kills anything.

I work in attics in the summer, and sometimes after 12-14 hour days, in 100 plus heat, my crouch gets a bit nasty. So I spray on some of that Tinactin. And it gets rid of anything that might be brewing down there.

My favorite Georgia boots

I would like to get a pair of these one day soon though. These look like the old Tom McCann's I had.

This is a link to the site.

http://www.bootcity.com/shop/10Expan...de=ABCOPPERCOW

Sincerely,

William McCormick

I used to wear Hawthorn boots those were an extremely comfortable after they were broke in you want the ones with the mini Vibram soles. they are in the 180 price range just make sure you get the right size like everyone is saying. my problem was I would only get 10 months to a year out of them due to the mud and sludge Im in all the time.

Y'all are makin' me feel like the poor relation. I'm still gettin' by with my 19.95(on sale) Sears boots.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

Get your danm feet of the computer desk!

That's some beautiful rock work at that place William.After you described the tinactin and I ran into a pic of your boot I was a little apprehensive about scrolling on down.

I bought a new pair of Justin's yesterday. $145.00 plus tax. not too bad

redwings are 95 percent junk
    i wear wesco loggers, 400 smackers but worth every penny, feet never hurt at the end of any day. Danners are quality boots too, both made in the same factory in oregon

I've got to plug Redwings. I bought my first pair of steel toes in '92 and wore them(every day) for 10 years. I did have them resoled a couple of times. The most comfortable boot I've put my feet in. No break in, they were just comfortable from day one. The pair I have now is 6 years old. I like em!
    Just my 2 pennies worth. Bob
    If I knew that I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself

I wear my Rocky Packers to church.
    My snow boots are Lacrosse.
    I wear my Danners for most other stuff.
    I weld bare foot most of the time.

JTMcC

ill have to say that once you go red wing youll never go back ive wore wolverines timberlands justins georgia and none of them even come close there worth the extra money by far. i will say a guy i work with has a pair of tony llamas that look bad *** and he swears he likes them better than his red wings i have been considering buying a pair of them next maybe but that will be a couple of years probably
    Complete Fabrication Shop specializing in pipe fabrication. Also offering heavy steel fabrication and sheet metal work.

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    Y'all are makin' me feel like the poor relation. I'm still gettin' by with my 19.95(on sale) Sears boots.

The most comfortable boots I ever had were a pair of Tom McChan cowboy boots with wooden heels. I did roof work in them, I walked for miles and miles straight with them, never had even a slight discomfort. They were only about twenty bucks when I bought them.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

They buy us Red Wings at work every year. Good boots for long days. At home, around the farm, I usually have on my Ariat ropers. Very good fitting boots and feet still feel good at the end of the day. Matthew

For work, I wear my 1132 Red Wings. If we go out, I Might wear my Ariat ropers. Or I might wear my Red Wings. They are that comfortable. I put them on about 7:00 am, and take them off between 10:00 pm to midnight every day. I use the insoles that come with them until they get bad, then put good quality gel insoles in them, and they just keep lasting. I may be on concrete one day, then 8" of mud the next. The ones I normally wear will be 2 yrs old in January, and still don't leak in water unless you go over the top of them. I still have the pair from the year before I got them, and they're still good, just look a little rough, the pair before that, I gave to a guy that was working for me, and he's still wearing them (they're like 5 yrs old, and I wore them for 2 yrs). I've grew up wearing Justins, but the quality of them seemed to go down in the 90's, had a pair of Double H's, they were good boots but I don't care for lace ups. I tried Wolverines twice, and the stitching came apart on them within 6 months on both pairs. I'm just sold on the Red Wings, they last good, are comfortable, and don't really cost any more than the other quality brands. Mine carry about 260 pounds around everyday, so I think that says something for them.

Wolverine Compressors, by far the best wearing boots for me. Justins are a close second. I wear RedWing Pecos because they just last so darn long.
    Ranger 250 GXT
    Smith Gas Axe

I had a pair of Wolverines that felt like slabs of concrete strapped to my feet. Heavy and hard. I swear by Danners now. I would wear these all the time if my wife wouldn't squeal so loud. She doesn't like the way they look with my Sunday best. RON

I've had allot of luck with my HYTEST boots. They are made by wolverine and are super comfortable. I've tried the red wings and all and the hytests are allot more comfortable for me. They are pretty pricey but I have been wearing a pair for a year and a half now and they are holding up just fine.

I all ways go for Brynje (http://www.brynje.dk/Default.asp?ID=...0&ProductID=76) or Brynje (http://www.brynje.dk/Default.asp?ID=...9&ProductID=84) but i dont know if they are for sale in the US.

In my case they fit my feet like a glove.
    ¤
    If you got money, i've got time

HGHS - I just had to mention, your avatar photo is freaking me out a bit. If you took off the glasses and I shaved, I don't think people could tell us apart!

I haven't given Georgia's a try yet, but I just may. A local boot store is going out of business, they're bound to have some good sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    HGHS - I just had to mention, your avatar photo is freaking me out a bit. If you took off the glasses and I shaved, I don't think people could tell us apart!

I haven't given Georgia's a try yet, but I just may. A local boot store is going out of business, they're bound to have some good sales.
    Normally i dont wear glasses... i only wear glasses when i use an angle grinder or similar grinder, i've gotten myself a pair of Wiley X (http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pro...K&ItemCode=856) with "strength" since i am shortsighted. they are great for grinding

And my hair is about 1" now
    ¤
    If you got money, i've got time

.....Well, I've been in the boot wearing business about 40+ years....Redwings are nice if you have the $$, but I'm liking Wolverines for the last 12-15....get a year or two when doing heavy welding and plate burning....3+ years for any other kind of shop work. soles usually go long before the pigskin uppers.....fairly water resistant too....being pigskin....
    Dougspair

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post

www.timberland.com
    Style #53522
    $145.00

-Mondo
    I have Timberland Pro endurance series, they absolutely kill my old red wings. The steel toe box is so big I don't even feel it kneeling down. I used to be a red wing man until I tried Timberland Pros.
    P.S. I order all my boots from zappos.com, air night delivery, and best customer service i have ever had.

I've always had luck with New Balance. They make a walking boot out of leather that is very comfortable. I insert a odor eater insert to control any sweat and for aditional comfort. The model # is MW977GT, go to www.nbwebexpress.com for a look see.
    Are you gelling?

Gotta tip my hat to some really good guerrilla marketing LOL