FS: Millermatic 180 - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: FS: Millermatic 180 w/autoset

not sure on the warranty

here are some pics, its got a bit of dust but I will clean that up, otherwise its nearly new, excellent condition

Millermatic 180

ttttttttttttttt
    Millermatic 180

did you see about shipping the cart? Does it come apart for easier packing?
    So, your offering $650 shippped including helmet, cart, welder (with regulator and other accesories that came with it new)?
    (I see your tank on there I'm assuming that stays with you).

well i was offering $650 for the welder and helmet, the cart I didnt even want to mess with taking it apart, I will already get killed on the shipping with just welder since its pretty heavy . the helmet is around 150 by itself new and the welder was 775 I think, both are barely used so i think this is already a great deal

yes-welder w/regulator and everything that came with it
    Last edited by dbluegoat; 09-19-2008 at 01:44 PM.
    Millermatic 180

Where is the welder located?

florida
    Millermatic 180

Well, Here are my thoughts on this deal. You can get a new 180autoset with stand from ebay for $850 or so, delivered. If you have to purchase the stand by itself its$160 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D7NYM0?...0&linkCode=asn
    If you dont need a welding mask then getting an "almost new but no warranty" welder for $650 adding $160 for a stand just puts it too close to what a new one will cost me. Granted the welding mask is included and makes this a good deal for someone. If I could get the stand for less money (anyone know a source?) then things would add up differently. If someone local could buy this as a "pickup" item then shipping wouldnt enter in.....

I've done a little more looking and thinkijng and I see that one can get a weld cart for about 80 bucks delivered. I would say that with the helmet this is a pretty sweet deal as poor dbluegoat is loosing about 428 bucks from what hes got in it, probably, and its about 125 cheaper than what I would have to spend to get all new (275 cheaper if I was buying a helmet too), on his basically new welder (and hes stuck with a cart he cant used). I may be interested if my friends wont sell me his lincoln promig 175 he never uses. In any case, good luck getting this sold....

Quote Originally Posted by Q W & F L.L.C. View Post
    I would buy the welder & make your own stand as a first project. Give you a sense of accomplishment. I made carts for every machine I bought, save for my XMT MIGrunner package. Just a thought. The price he's asking for an almost new machine is more than fair, considering he's shipping it for free & throwing in a helmet too.

You may get lucky & find one super cheap, but you're still going to pay $300+ for something older & with less power. Sure, everybody wants a Millermatic 250 for $500. Just don't happen that often. Like I said, just a few things you can think about. Good luck. S.W.

tttttttt

damn didn't think it would be this hard to sell.

this maybe has 3hrs total usage on it.

I will keep the cart cause I just don't want to disassemble and eventually I would like to get a tig when I can afford it. for now though i need this one gone, finances are tough right now.
    Millermatic 180

Quote Originally Posted by kb9nvh View Post
    Well, Here are my thoughts on this deal. You can get a new 180autoset with stand from ebay for $850 or so, delivered. If you have to purchase the stand by itself its$160 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D7NYM0?...0&linkCode=asn
    If you dont need a welding mask then getting an "almost new but no warranty" welder for $650 adding $160 for a stand just puts it too close to what a new one will cost me. Granted the welding mask is included and makes this a good deal for someone. If I could get the stand for less money (anyone know a source?) then things would add up differently. If someone local could buy this as a "pickup" item then shipping wouldnt enter in.....
    You've been looking for a welder, ANY welder, here for 3 weeks. You have asked for the impossible in a post or 2, posted in 3 forums asking about the same welder several different times. Now, you're here, bagging on the guy for his asking price. You don't even own a welder; you have no experience with this particular machine. This guy is offering up a very fair deal for a basically new, unbeaten machine. He will find someone local to buy it from him, sooner or later. You ought to just pony up the $1200 for a welder, bottle, cart and hood. This way, you won't have to ask us 20 times about if we think this machine or that, and you won't have to worry about warranty issues.

What you really want is in the Everlast forum. Go hit Simon up, he loves this stuff....
    And then, after so much work...... you have it in your hand, and you look over to your side...... and the runner has run off. Leaving you holding the prize, wondering when the runner will return.

True Enough I suppose but if you've been reading my threads you should know that I do own a welder. I'm not sure what "the impossible" thing was that I asked that you speak of?

What brought me to this forum was some difficulties I was having with my latest project. I do own a Chicago electric 140amp mig (with gas). Turns out my problems were with dirty parts and not the welder at all. Being stalled on my project I was looking into quality equipment to replace my cheapy (which brought us to where we are at today).

I apologize if my deliberations in evaluating my options for this major purchase "out loud" hurt some feelings. I never said that dbluegoats asking price was too high. Unfortunately, the dynamics of selling thought the mail makes the process inefficient and, unfortunately for him, he has to compete with the Ebay sellers. Earlier in this thread he had folks lined up to buy his welder. I wonder what happened to them?
    I also apologize for cross posting my request for opinions about the Lincoln but I explained my reasons in another thread but I knew it was against forum etiquette.

dbluegoats, selling locally is probably your best bet and Craigslist or Ebay is always myfirst choice when I want a fair price. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Rojodiablo View Post
    You've been looking for a welder, ANY welder, here for 3 weeks. You have asked for the impossible in a post or 2, posted in 3 forums asking about the same welder several different times. Now, you're here, bagging on the guy for his asking price. You don't even own a welder; you have no experience with this particular machine. This guy is offering up a very fair deal for a basically new, unbeaten machine. He will find someone local to buy it from him, sooner or later. You ought to just pony up the $1200 for a welder, bottle, cart and hood. This way, you won't have to ask us 20 times about if we think this machine or that, and you won't have to worry about warranty issues.

What you really want is in the Everlast forum. Go hit Simon up, he loves this stuff....

It's all good KB9nvh. WHere are you located at?? I thought about his deal on this welder, but he's in Florida, and I am in Ca. so shipping is a bust. I have been thinking about some 2nd machines for expanding my work.

If you guys are looking to sell or buy used good machines, look to places like Pirate 4X4, TTORA, Dezertrangers.com, and Race-dezert.com. They have state by state chapters, and usually lots of folks buying and selling machines. Great resources for welders, torches, tube benders (Rollcage/ bumper junkies!!) and, strangely enough- Great deals on big toolboxes. They seem to be the first thing a guy cuts loose when he's going broke!!!
    And then, after so much work...... you have it in your hand, and you look over to your side...... and the runner has run off. Leaving you holding the prize, wondering when the runner will return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojodiablo View Post
    They seem to be the first thing a guy cuts loose when he's going broke!!!
    Nice!

umm you may want to read WHY the OP is selling his ****.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Nice!

umm you may want to read WHY the OP is selling his ****.
    I know why he's selling it, I was just saying that for some reason, lately, it seems the guys will cut loose a $1800 tool box for $500 and I have to wonder why they got such a tool box in the first place, given that they are all just starting out. Snap on roll-a-ways are nice, but not necessary, especially for a beginning shop. He will find a good local buyer on one of those sites.

tttttttttttt
    again.......come on people, I need to move this thing
    Millermatic 180

I live in ohio (44646) whats the best deal you can make me for the welder and the cart shipped to me you can keep the helmet or send it i dont care whats the best deal... i want the welder and the cart but if you really dont want to mess with it how much for just the welder shipped let me know thanks

just shoot me a email at lancertransam@yahoo.com

still available
    Millermatic 180

Put it out in your front yard with a for sale sign on it...
    When it comes up missing, turn it into your insurance...(make sure you only have 50dollar deductable..)..

Just kidding...:-)

I ended up buying my buddys Lincoln promig 175 for 400 bucks. Its not as nice as your miller (that I wanted bad) but I only have to stay in the dog house half as long since I only wasted half as much money on one of my toys... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kb9nvh View Post
    but I only have to stay in the dog house half as long since I only wasted half as much money on one of my toys... :-)
    LOL. i understand that.....

ttttttttttt
    Millermatic 180

hello! someone buy me please.
    Millermatic 180

Quote Originally Posted by dbluegoat View Post
    hello! someone buy me please.
    dbluegoat,
    I'm confused by all the haggling, do you still have and want to sell the mm180-accessories-shield? If so contact me thru this site or a w_agin@live.com. or phone # 704-591-2897. If I understand all I have read, I will buy this.
    please contact me even if sold already....don't want to become a part of the confusion.
    WAGIN
    Last edited by wagin; 09-30-2008 at 02:00 AM.
    Miller TrailBlazer 251
    Miller HF-250-1
    Miller MaxStar 150 STL
    HyperTherm PowerMax 380 plasma
    Lincoln PowerMig 180
    Millermatic 252
    Miller Diversion 180

Still For Sale At The Moment, I Have Replied To Everyone That Asked
    Millermatic 180

Tire kickers....gotta love em!!!