Damn cheap a$$ work pants. - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Damn cheap a$$ work pants.

About ten years ago I got a good deal on fire proof steel mill pants and jackets ,heavy cotton they would scorch but not burn through ,I think I payed about $2 each and I got about 20 sets I sold them to other welders for $4 each ,and because they were yellow a lot of guys didn't want them but guts working for the gas company would wear them.Not to highjack this thread with when I was on fire stories I was wearing a frayed cotton shirt , my leather jacket was open and it went up in flames ,I didn't feel the heat but smelled the smoke rapped the leathers close and them I felt the heat, a poly pant story I was up on a ladder on top of a boiler cutting out a beam and my leg was getting hot I though I was to close to a steam pipe Pant leg was in flame and melting .If I hadn't been wearing cotton socks the pants would have stuck to me .

Quote Originally Posted by larphead View Post

Sitting here nursing a nice little burn on the side of my knee. Kneeing on the floor today scarfing a chunk of junk off a trailer with the torch. Nice hot blob bounces and lands right against these cheap *** polyester blend uniform pants we wear. Instantly melting to my knee.

I dont get if it's a job or a " career" but if it's a job I'd be all over the owner to get his shiit together as far as PPE. Otherwise sick OSHA on his dumbascz.
    I have more gear than my guys want to wear in the tropics. Their choices.......but anything is available out of my pocket

Tell them you don’t have your welding clothes on today ,will need to do it tomorrow when you have right clothes on