Let's see the welding rigs - Page 62
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1565

Re: Let's see the welding rigs

I finally got around to getting a bed for this Dodge. I bought it 6 months or so ago and had been eyeballing a service bed with a crane for it but the asking price was way to high so I figured I would build a flatbed with a drop down for the welder and compressor and still keep and 8ft bed section for hauling stuff. I put boxes in the side panels and if more storage is needed I can strap a job box down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneG. View Post
    I finally got around to getting a bed for this Dodge. I bought it 6 months or so ago and had been eyeballing a service bed with a crane for it but the asking price was way to high so I figured I would build a flatbed with a drop down for the welder and compressor and still keep and 8ft bed section for hauling stuff. I put boxes in the side panels and if more storage is needed I can strap a job box down to it.

shane; not too shabby at all. how did you seal the box where the running board penetrates?
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

It doesn't....there is probably 3 inches between the running board and bed. I think the picture makes it look kind of like it does.

It doesn't....there is probably 3 inches between the running board and bed. I think the picture makes it look kind of like it does.
    now that i got my best glasses on and looking real close i think i see a cap on the running board end which i thought were holes in the tool box.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Nice truck

Nice lookin rig you got goin on there, you gonna do pipeline work with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    Nice lookin rig you got goin on there, you gonna do pipeline work with it?
    No do a lot of equipment repairs locally. Mostly farm related or land clearing companies. I wish it was 4x4. I looked into converting it but the transmission and transfer case would cost way to much. Truck has 150k and is a 2001 6spd and rust free which is very rare for Indiana.
    Last edited by ShaneG.; 03-14-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Name:  IMAG2191.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  75.5 KB
    Rig Welder

Name:  F-450 Bed Swap (Complete) (5).jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  113.0 KB
    Rig Welder

No do a lot of equipment repairs locally. Mostly farm related or land clearing companies. I wish it was 4x4. I looked into converting it but the transmission and transfer case would cost way to much. Truck has 150k and is a 2001 6spd and rust free which is very rare for Indiana.
    Yeah I know I wish sometimes mine was a 4x4 for running around the strippins here in NE PA, but then again if that was the case they would put me in mud up to my hips instead of my knees. My mind set is they could treat my bony *** a little bit better where they put these shovels and excavators for me to work on. Drivin over these mountains here through the snow isn't much of a problem, mine weighs 14000 and is geared real low and with them Mud Claw tires she just bulls her way through it and over it. Only snivel I got with mine is its an automatic and I am not a big fan of auto trannies in a truck this heavy, but its what I could find, and I am too doggone busy to take the time to shut it down to convert it over to stick shift.

Im curious though what are the 2 square tubes for on the upper corners in the back for?

It looks like a damn nice rig, have fun be safe and I wish you the best.

The tubes are for sliding in a vise or anything I can fasten to a 2" tube to slip in there. I just bought 4 new mud terrain tires for the rear I just have to go get them mounted when the bed is done. I have a buddy that does heavy equipment repair and his opinion was if I need 4x4 to get in there then I probably don't want to be working in it.

The tubes are for sliding in a vise or anything I can fasten to a 2" tube to slip in there. I just bought 4 new mud terrain tires for the rear I just have to go get them mounted when the bed is done. I have a buddy that does heavy equipment repair and his opinion was if I need 4x4 to get in there then I probably don't want to be working in it.
    That's a neat idea with the tubes I might have to come up wih somethin like that for mine.

Your buddy is right about the 4x4 thing, like I said earlier in the fall and the spring and occasionally in the winter I get into mud up to my knees, most of these guys have no idea what its like to work all day in this crap...they set up there in their seats digging all day...so we go in and do whatever needs done. Ive asked them a couple times to move into a dryer area and if they are around they will, but if I pull in and no one is around I don't have a lot of choices but to go get after it.

Funny story...one time I pulled in when it was muddy as all get out...sort of had the consistency of liver pudding...well it took all day and most of the night to do this job and it got real cold that night. Yup... tires froze solid into the mud...I most likely would have tore up my transmission or my rear end trying to get out of it...no one else around except the security guy and he don't know nothin from nothin...so I told him hey I got some coffee here but could use some more. So I give him my other Stanley and he goes gets it filled at a truck stop and gets breakfast for me to go and brings it back. Ate my breakfast and wrapped up in a blanket and slept like a baby on the workbench of my rig. Next morning they pulled me out with a D10 and away I go. Next few times they managed to keep me out of the mud as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    That's a neat idea with the tubes I might have to come up wih somethin like that for mine.

Your buddy is right about the 4x4 thing, like I said earlier in the fall and the spring and occasionally in the winter I get into mud up to my knees, most of these guys have no idea what its like to work all day in this crap...they set up there in their seats digging all day...so we go in and do whatever needs done. Ive asked them a couple times to move into a dryer area and if they are around they will, but if I pull in and no one is around I don't have a lot of choices but to go get after it.

Funny story...one time I pulled in when it was muddy as all get out...sort of had the consistency of liver pudding...well it took all day and most of the night to do this job and it got real cold that night. Yup... tires froze solid into the mud...I most likely would have tore up my transmission or my rear end trying to get out of it...no one else around except the security guy and he don't know nothin from nothin...so I told him hey I got some coffee here but could use some more. So I give him my other Stanley and he goes gets it filled at a truck stop and gets breakfast for me to go and brings it back. Ate my breakfast and wrapped up in a blanket and slept like a baby on the workbench of my rig. Next morning they pulled me out with a D10 and away I go. Next few times they managed to keep me out of the mud as much as possible.
    My buddy had a 4x4 service truck and he said if he could get to it he could fix it and then pull him self out with the machine,if he couldn't drive out

Quote Originally Posted by gxbxc View Post
    My buddy had a 4x4 service truck and he said if he could get to it he could fix it and then pull him self out with the machine,if he couldn't drive out
    I guess I could have pulled myself out if I had too but its not my dozer to run and Im not that good at running equipment anyway

I am not a Ford man but I would drive this truck.
    I love the layout of the bed.
    Nice work!
    Lincoln Electric:
    Ranger GXT 250
    SA-200
    LN-25
    Pro MiG 256
    Pro Mig 180
    Esab CV 251
    Invertec 160
    Victor Torches”

Nice truck Croz!

I finally got around to painting the bed and getting it back on the truck. Paying jobs get in the way sometimes. Still need to finish my hydraulic tank and get it and compressor mounted.

Looks great! Curious what your hydraulic setup is. Engine driven or PTO?

The compressor is driven from the PTO pump on the trans.

Quote Originally Posted by galencwi View Post
    I need an air compressor for gouging / plasma. Suggestions?
    Thanks
    Hello Galen, I haven't been on here in a while. It's good to see you here, and you seem to have a new venture. I am going to miss the big ship pics though.

Anyway, I was at my local welder repair, and I just wanted to say use caution when gouging with those small welders. Since I love gouging so much, I happened to ask him about it and he had one in the shop and showed me exactly what breaks on them and it is very costly to repair. Just passing along a little FYI. Take care buddy!!!
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Name:  20190416_122332.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  89.2 KB
    Name:  20190416_105346.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  82.2 KB

Making a bushing retainer weld in on a skidsteer

Name:  IMG_20190504_095242.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  118.3 KB
    ═══════════════════════════════════════════

Started up a side business from my regular job at the power company. Have our own shop and also a lot of mobile work. Will do just about anything someone wants front hand rail, custom furniture, farm repair, structural, trying to avoid pipe welding at this point as I just don't want the headache of legal but things may change. A lot of our focus is somewhat rapidly changing towards heavy equipment repair on dozers/excavators/rock trucks/crushers/loaders etc, and I am quite enjoying that work. Unfortunately if we continue down this path to focus the business on mostly heavy equipment this current 2007 RAM 5.9 cummins w/ 6 speed standard 3500 dually will be out classed quite quickly as far as payload goes, because we also have a 36FT tandem axle trailer rated for 24,000lbs, and the equipment upgrade would add a considerable amount of weight. We run a trailblazer 325 diesel and while its been truly a great machine, It certainly isn't a great machine for gouging. Long story short plan is to upgrade to a Miller 600 air pak or a 566 air vantage in the near future, hiab knuckle boom crane. Still struggling with the decision to upgrade but will likely all be placed on a Kenworth T800, Western star 4900 etc with a flatbed, and this truck will tow our gooseneck with buckets/steel with no problems. When that trailer is at capacity right now, the current welding rig pulls it however i would say its at its absolute maximum of capability, and i have always been an advocate of being over kill-over safe. We shall see what the future brings!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

very nice!

CR