Ridgid Pipe Vise for Sale Cheap
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ridgid Pipe Vise for Sale Cheap

I recently acquired this cool old pipe vise... Its a nice piece, but I dont need it and thus have chosen to sell it...

Its got a few coats of paint and some spider webs underneath it... But it works as it should, its all there, and its ready to be used. Starting bid is $50, here is the link to my ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290932084151

[Account Abandoned 8/8/16 Please Do Not Attempt Contact Or Expect A Reply]. See you on YouTube! -ChuckE2009

Starting bid is $100 sorry bout that...
    [Account Abandoned 8/8/16 Please Do Not Attempt Contact Or Expect A Reply]. See you on YouTube! -ChuckE2009

Re: Ridgid Pipe Vise for Sale Cheap

I have no use for this vise, and really want to see it find a nice home...

Even used, these list for around $350:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ridgid-BC-81...item43bc37361a

And new, they're almost $500!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ridgid-40215...item43ba7dce39

Clean it up, paint it orange n black, and then try to sell it.. Just a thought.

Good luck with sale...

Last one I got was like new and I only shelled out $20 for it, people want tri stands. Bench mounted pipe vises are a hard sell.
    Disclaimer; "I am just an a$$hole welder, don't take it personally ."

They are worth about a 1.50 for scrap. And I see them in the scrap Iron all the time. I've got a couple of them just because they haven't rusted away yet. Mac

Like TozziWelding said . You can find a tripod with chain vise for anywhere from $50.00 up. Tripod vise is more portable then having vise mounted to bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortbusWelder View Post
    Clean it up, paint it orange n black, and then try to sell it.. Just a thought.

Good luck with sale...
    Thanks Man!! It's generated some interest, I'm 90% sure it's gonna sell, but if it doesn't I'm gonna restore it. Sandblast it, polish it, the whole none yards. Price will increase accordingly, tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tool Maker View Post
    They are worth about a 1.50 for scrap Mac
    WTF guys? I'm trying to sell a nice old vise here. If I saw these in the scrap I'd sure fish em out. Where's you see that? I wanna go get em.

That's just not cool. It's like wandering into a car dealer and informing them that in your little opinion their vehicles are junk. Who does that?

You might find some idiot to pay what you are asking I got two for twenty bucks.

Paid $26 for my BC-410 and only $9.99 for my No. 20.

Good luck.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

I bought one just like that, identical to it actually, another small vice, and a rigid brand tubing cutter for $15 bucks at an Estate Auction. Sorry to inform you but your prices are reallys steep as these other guys are alluding to.
    Matthew Morton
    Texas A&M '06
    Logsdon Seminary '13

"Who Dares Wins"
    "AFTF"
    "WH2PH"

SA 200 (Code: 5337)
    TB 302
    CP 302 w/22A Wire Feeder
    MillerMatic 200
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    MillerMatic 252
    BurnTables 4x4 CNC Machine
    Hypertherm 65

You can only get what a person will pay. You need the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanse View Post
    WTF guys? I'm trying to sell a nice old vise here. If I saw these in the scrap I'd sure fish em out. Where's you see that? I wanna go get em.

That's just not cool. It's like wandering into a car dealer and informing them that in your little opinion their vehicles are junk. Who does that?
    Most any scrap yard in the country sees a regular supply of old used vises...some in good repair, some not. I've more than a few salvaged myself...and $1.50 was about the going rate. Some a bit more...paid around $12 for this one at 10 cents @ lb. and about 2/3rds that for the one under it...those are five gallon drywall mud buckets.

As far as being cool and the car dealer analogy goes, let's work it out a bit further. Most of us would walk into that same car dealer and inform the salesman that his prize '86 Yugo "...needing just a little TLC to be an instant classic" is a piece of crap. Think about it...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by WyoRoy; 06-18-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Miller 251
    Miller DialArc 250
    Bridgeport mill
    Hossfeld bender & dies
    Logan shaper
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe
    South Bend 9" 'C'
    Hypertherm 900
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    21"Royersford Excelsior
    Two shops, still too many tools.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoRoy View Post
    Most any scrap yard in the country sees a regular supply of old used vises...some in good repair, some not. I've more than a few salvaged myself...and $1.50 was about the going rate. Some a bit more...paid around $12 for this one at 10 cents @ lb. and about 2/3rds that for the one under it...those are five gallon drywall mud buckets.

As far as being cool and the car dealer analogy goes, let's work it out a bit further. Most of us would walk into that same car dealer and inform the salesman that his prize '86 Yugo "...needing just a little TLC to be an instant classic" is a piece of crap. Think about it...
    Be nice to the little feller Roy. After all, he's part of the new generation. They're 'entitled'.
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

I think you may get the hundred bucks for it. When I worked in a pipe shop that was one of our most valued tools.

Why would sell it when you can make video about it?
    Lanse my Red 2 cents werth, keep it . Helll keep it on the farm, you will need t someday. ++++ paint it Ora nge or linkoln redred

Why don't you make a video of chucke using it? Then maybe one of the phucking morons that are watching might buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    Hehehe.

Roy, I got me one of those leg vises at an auction for two bucks.

THATS RIGHT!!!!! TWO BUCKS!!!!!

I sold it for almost two hundred.

I had to pay good money for the vise I have now, but it was still a deal at $200 & will prolly outlast me. There was a wickedly large machine vise at the scrap yard & I about begged dude to sell it to me, but their mechanics shop ended up taking it. I didn't need it, it was just one of those things you know will look awesome in your shop

A chain vise might be handy, but as little welding as I do, I doubt I would use it often.

IMHO of course
    I know what you mean about paying good money for a vise. Spent the bucks for a nice Kurt for the mill and can easily see the difference the extra bucks went for. About vised up at present...bought two more leg vises last vacation, put a new lockdown on a Columbian I found in the skip at work, have another scrapyard Columbian that needs a rotary base fabbed for it, Little Starrett that I picked up cheap and a ginormus old Record that takes two men and a boy to lift that I have to repair some cretan's efforts at "improvement". That giant leg vise in the smaller one in the picture above went free to an acquaintance out in California that has his local 4-H kids come over to the shop for work/lessons. Figured it was better to do my part than try to gig the most money possible out of some other soul in need...plus it's easy being magnanimous when you're only talking $12!

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot the Ridgid tri-stand that makes the standard chain pipe vise look like grandma's high button shoes.
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Miller 251
    Miller DialArc 250
    Bridgeport mill
    Hossfeld bender & dies
    Logan shaper
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe
    South Bend 9" 'C'
    Hypertherm 900
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    21"Royersford Excelsior
    Two shops, still too many tools.

Still no bids
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

I'll bid $5 plus free shipping. I already have one, but I don't want you to think no one offered.

As someone up top mentioned, post it one of your videos and the masses may bite at a chance to own it. you could do a video of restoring it and then sell it as a fully restored chain vise. you might be able to double yer monies.

Yeah, it's got a few watchers, so hopefully it'll sell.

If not, I'm gonna sandblast and refinish that b*tch and sell it for more. Though I'd rather just sell it now...

[QUOTE=7A749;2773731]Hehehe.

Roy, I got me one of those leg vises at an auction for two bucks.

THATS RIGHT!!!!! TWO BUCKS!!!!!

I sold it for almost two hundred.

Remember this?

At the same time, it may have been better not to have disclosed the matter in which it came to be in your possession. I totally understand value. If you would have shelled out retail for it & wanted a fair return on your investment, thats far more understandable. But to say, I got almost half of a heavily inflated retail price for it , but picked it up at an estate sale for five bux, it kinda looks like you said SUCKKA! as the dude who bought it walked away. It's kinda the used car salesman image that comes to a lot of ppls minds when you gee guys flipping stuff they have nothing in for top retail dollar. I'm in NO way saying you're that kind of guy, not at all. I am saying that stuff like this conjures up images of those dude who have year round garage sales, operating under the radar buying cheap to flip high. Most of those guys just leave a grimy taste in my mouth. Hope you see my point, not trying to compare you to that, just sayin

I'm just saying...

Welcome to Capitalism.

What's being discussed here is asking price-vs.-what is typically paid for such an item. Whether Lance paid anything for his BC-810, was given it or found it along side the road doesn't matter. There are those that are known to pay MORE for used stuff than what they go for new so if he gets his price more power to him.

What's being pointed out is that it's pretty routine for this item to be picked up for pennies on the retail dollar - at least by those educated and astute enough to do so. Based on the replies thus far, I would be very surprised if he sold it here.

Just saying.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    What's being pointed out is that it's pretty routine for this item to be picked up for pennies on the retail dollar - at least by those educated and astute enough to do so. Based on the replies thus far, I would be very surprised if he sold it here.

Just saying.
    Ditto, Duane.
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Miller 251
    Miller DialArc 250
    Bridgeport mill
    Hossfeld bender & dies
    Logan shaper
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe
    South Bend 9" 'C'
    Hypertherm 900
    Ellis 3000 band saw