Show us what you welded today! - Page 320
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 320 of 348 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 8685

Re: Show us what you welded today!

Very nice Dotmatriks, you are a true vehicular artist

Had another gate repair in between regular work, someone had done a pigeon flyover repair on the frame and it didn't hold along with other issues..

Name:  KIMG0351.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  79.7 KB

Had to extend one of the rods 5 inches after I moved it, ground the ends a good 45 degrees on each end and filled it up... no grinding needed
    Name:  KIMG0353.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  94.6 KB

Also reoriented the right two diagonal bracing rods to opposite corners for a proper truss configuration.
    Name:  KIMG0356.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  74.0 KB

All finished and ready for action
    Name:  KIMG0357.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  61.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmatriks View Post
    Did some sheetmetal repair on the Caddy. The roof was rusted through and as usual, was badly repaired before. So, I cut out the junk and made a new patch.

Beautiful work; my experience lies in old rusty commercial fishing boats.
    Last edited by jeverich; 04-13-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    Do you really know all of the work that goes into getting that fish onto your plate?

I put in a beam yesterday, W10x26 up in the attic of a restaurant, to support a cell antenna mast, it was quite a job getting it up unto place, had to use carts to roll in and then add shims underneath until it was close

That is about as screwed up as the 4" screw pipe we had to run in a finished ceiling with employees below. It was 230', during work hours. The phone companies used to be real picky, now they're worse. the pipe was to run 1- 12 strand fiber about 1' diameter from the corner of the building to the telecom closet on the 3rd floor.
    Regards
    Dave

My wife has been after me to put up our house number at the far end of our long driveway. Puttering around today I ended up with this. It's 1/4" chain and numbers are 8" high.

Name:  P1170660.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  100.1 KB

gg
    I do my best and grind the rest

That's cool
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

Old dog, new trick. Teaching myself to tig root on 5" pipe

Name:  20180410_182931.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  89.9 KBName:  20180410_182911.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  90.5 KB
    1957 Lincoln Idealarc 300 AC/DC
    1971 Miller Thunderbolt 225
    2018 Lincoln 180
    2018 Lincoln 3350 papr

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    Very nice Dotmatriks, you are a true vehicular artist

Had another gate repair in between regular work, someone had done a pigeon flyover repair on the frame and it didn't hold along with other issues..

Name:  KIMG0351.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  79.7 KB

Had to extend one of the rods 5 inches after I moved it, ground the ends a good 45 degrees on each end and filled it up... no grinding needed
    Name:  KIMG0353.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  94.6 KB

Also reoriented the right two diagonal bracing rods to opposite corners for a proper truss configuration.
    Name:  KIMG0356.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  74.0 KB

All finished and ready for action
    Name:  KIMG0357.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  61.7 KB
    That wouldn't happen to be the lot of a tool manufacturer in Bham, would it be? Might be a total wild guess, but it looks familiar.
    Do you really know all of the work that goes into getting that fish onto your plate?

Nah... but I'm sure it probably look similar, we do work for lots of these complexes and they all have some similar looks this one is in the sumner valley

Quote Originally Posted by smilindave View Post
    That is about as screwed up as the 4" screw pipe we had to run in a finished ceiling with employees below. It was 230', during work hours. The phone companies used to be real picky, now they're worse. the pipe was to run 1- 12 strand fiber about 1' diameter from the corner of the building to the telecom closet on the 3rd floor.
    Regards
    Dave
    Yeah they really over build their stuff, I had to build a canopy to protect some electrical equipment for another cell antenna and they designed it with 4x4x1/4 tubing, and 8"channel to support 1.5" corrugated roofing, it was insane for what it was.

I had ice from a tower go thru the windshield of my service truck at the time, it would have killed me. A 4" chunk of ice destroyed the drivers seat. I have no idea how far it fell. That is the reason for the roof. I have no idea why that large of a support was needed, but I am sure it paid well.
    Regards
    Dave

When I worked for Ma Bell (AT&T 1970s) there was a lot of overbuilding. It made no sense until you found that the common black telephone was built to last 75 years. It cost less to overbuild than it did to replace a phone every 35 years. They did not build things with the idea of replacing it when it was fully depreciated. They built them to last as long as possible.
    ----------------------------
    Measure twice. Weld once. Grind to size.

MIG: Lincoln SP100
    TIG/STICK: AHP Alphatig 200X

Phil I'd like to ship that cover over to Washington so I can use it to cover my smoker when cooking on nasty days

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmatriks View Post
    Shaved the gas filler on a 55 chevy truck while the guys finished bagging it.

Paper template

Metal

Bad fit up after I knocked down the inner flange. The radius let it open up. I didn’t want to make a new patch so it is gappy.

Final. Customer wont pay for the time to metal finish it ]
    Dot,
    When you say they wont pay to metal finish, does thar mean you use Bondo to fill the gaps?

How much more in time(hours) or money (% cost) would it cost to metal finish this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Quote Originally Posted by smilindave View Post
    I had ice from a tower go thru the windshield of my service truck at the time, it would have killed me. A 4" chunk of ice destroyed the drivers seat. I have no idea how far it fell. That is the reason for the roof. I have no idea why that large of a support was needed, but I am sure it paid well.
    Regards
    Dave
    Yah, I work in the communications industry, we have dozens of 150-200' tall towers in our district. Every year at least one site get severe damage from ice fall. It looks over built till you see a 200# chunk of ice fall 200'. We had a car totaled at my primary work site 10 years ago, caved in the whole roof. This was in the middle or Portland Oregon, not one of our many remote mountain top sites that get hit much worse and more often.
    Everlast 350 EXT - Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 - Rogue Fabrication M600 xHD tube bender
    Milwaukee 4208 Mag Drill - Shopmaster Eldorado Combo mill/lathe machine with DRO.

One winter day during the construction of the Great Falls Malt Plant the ice and snow load on the roof turned loose with out warning and came down and pretty much totaled 3 welding rigs. Drove the roofs of the cabs right down onto the seats. Luckily no one was in them (or near them) at the time. It was a serious wake up call to every one on site about a danger no one had really thought about yet. We ended up quickly building some protective structures above every man door to the place just so no one would get taken out just going in or out of the building.

This place was designed and the construction over seen by people from South Africa. Oh man these people had no idea what they were getting into with a Montana Winter. They learned some real expensive lessons the first winter they tried to operate this place.

Name:  MP 8 20 05 008.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  95.3 KB

Down and dirty project that I did in about 4 hrs. Made from scrap. Tow bar for a vehicle I brought at auction and need to tow 15 miles to home. Has to be out of auction yard tomorrow and local towing companies could not do it till Thursday. Brackets will bolt directly to the vehicle's bumper mounting holes. Main tube is an old hydraulic cylinder. More tomorrow once I get it all hitched up.
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 04-17-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Looks like a U-Haul tongue.
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

The old one I cut of my boat trailer. This style will work for 1 7/8 or 2 inch according to the info on the hitch itself.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Quote Originally Posted by HT2-4956 View Post
    One winter day during the construction of the Great Falls Malt Plant the ice and snow load on the roof turned loose with out warning and came down and pretty much totaled 3 welding rigs. Drove the roofs of the cabs right down onto the seats. Luckily no one was in them (or near them) at the time. It was a serious wake up call to every one on site about a danger no one had really thought about yet. We ended up quickly building some protective structures above every man door to the place just so no one would get taken out just going in or out of the building.

This place was designed and the construction over seen by people from South Africa. Oh man these people had no idea what they were getting into with a Montana Winter. They learned some real expensive lessons the first winter they tried to operate this place.

Name:  MP 8 20 05 008.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  95.3 KB
    Florida Massachusetts, (somebody thought they were funny), elevation is high compared to the rest of a flat state. They get snow! A convenience store in a converted truck garage has a sheet metal roof, it is poorly insulated, maybe a 6:12 pitch, and a run of maybe 100 feet. I went there for a project in May one tear to find 7' of ice piled behind the building. Had to put off the job 'till July when the ice was then not gone, but most was.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Yes U-Haul has same tongues that will work on 1-7/8” and 2” balls.
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

I cut the legs down and added stem casters to my new to me welding table. The casters aren't installed exactly correct as I added a jam nut in addition to the nut on the base plate, but they won't be under much lateral load, if ever.

Nice job with the casters Bruiser

Any more additions planned for the table? like a lower shelf maybe... I put one on my table and it sure is handy to store stuff I'll be needing now and then.

One other thing I should tell you... I don't see any 'magswitch' products in your pic... kind of an unwritten rule around here but usually at least one pic should have the obligatory appearance of a magswitch...

Nah, I'm just messin' with ya' but they are handy things for welding fab work

Thanks! There will eventually be a lower shelf on it. Next is the hitch receiver for the vise, and then a 2"x2" angle on the long side of the table to hang clamps and the grinders.

Oh, there's a mag switch thing in there.

Oh shoot!!!! I'm blind.. see them now