Looking at a new truck. Opinions... - Page 6
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Looking at a new truck. Opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by roadoil View Post
    I would get the most heavy duty pick up you can, I had gas trucks doing 35 mph up steep grades pulling 12k no fun and 2wd no thanks I travel at times in the winter 4wd has saved me too many times and its safer, one time going up a icy hill at 50 mph F150 decided to fish tail for a 100 yards almost into opposite lane of on coming semi, doesnt happen with 4wd. I enjoy slides hard driving etc but that time no thanks, If I would have let off would have spun into him or worse hit brakes all I could do was try and control with throttle and steering inputs, no more 2wd trucks for me.

Diesel with 4wd better resale, last longer and pulls heavy at least 3/4 ton but preferably 1 ton, duallys are much more stable towing heavy.

Oh and stay away from Fords heres a pic of me towing heavy huge rear end squat and 400 miles later a flat cam and blown turbo this a few years ago truck is still in my front yard hood up heads off have yet to pull blockm can fix it but why will just break again LOL

Attachment 1692247
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?
    What part ? Lol Had 3 Sick O Diesels all 2 repeated head gasket failures, this one flat cam, had a 08 6.4 diesel failed egr flooded cylinder bent rod trash motor, Ford tells you pound sand at the dealership service they dont service them anymore want to forget about them like the crazy grandmother in basement. Fords are junk even the new ones too many failure points Dodge Cummins for me now.

In the pic 18,500 lbs trailer rated 24k, the rear end squat needed helper springs or air shocks, truck handles passes fine was using tow mode andengine as brake going down them prob why flat cam which are weak in ford diesels.
    Last edited by roadoil; 10-05-2018 at 02:21 PM.

That picture should be moved to the trailer fails thread. I don't care what it weighs or what the trucks is/was rated for, there's way too much weight on the tongue.
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    That picture should be moved to the trailer fails thread. I don't care what it weighs or what the trucks is/was rated for, there's way too much weight on the tongue.
    No Its the the stock Ford crappy lifted 4wd suspension causing squat, after this truck broke down I towed the trailer with my F350 2wd service truck dually maybe went down an inch in the rear.

I see F250s with 4wd all the time with huge squat towing heavy campers, its common.

I picked this unit up 1500 miles away wasnt going to back out bringing it back because I was afraid of some rear end squat.
    Last edited by roadoil; 10-05-2018 at 02:58 PM.