$59 portable welding table - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: $59 portable welding table

Im still liking mine

I put mine together tonight. Was simple enough to put together but the instructions do suck. They give you a bag of bolt of various sizes but aren't clear as to which bolt goes where. Some are self explanitory but I put several together before realizing some of the nuts were nylock. Then I had to analyze the table and each bolt to figure out which connection warranted a nylock. I had about 6 washers left over. Lol Not a big deal though.

Seems pretty sturdy and solid. Mayne this weekend ill break the tig torch out and give it a test run.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Got one today at the new Niagara Falls store - $47.99 with a 20% off coupon. Will have to wait till the weekend to assemble it and put it to some good use.

Got mine a couple months ago and haven't been home enough to use it. Just had time to put it together. Agree with the threads for the angle adjusters needing chased. If you don't, you'll wind up with a plastic toggle that's wallowed out and you can't get a socket on the bolt head to loosen and remove the stuck bolt. Ended up jamming a flat head screwdriver between the bolt head and plastic hand toggle to get enough bite to back it out. Otherwise, it should do nicely.

Papa
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 (circa 1962)
    Lincoln Weldpak 155 w/Mig Kit
    Lincoln Squarewave TIG 175

I'm buying this table tonight for $59 at my LHFWS. By this weekend, I'll do a write up with pictures of unpacking, upgrading, and setting up the HF Welding Table.
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    MMA IGBT 160-A Stick Welder (dual voltage)
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Way too many power tools

Quote Originally Posted by almac View Post
    closest thing I could find in bc, Canada.

http://www.kmstools.com/strong-hand-...ng-table-11009

or this crappy thing: http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/P...ench/8504557.p

anyone else in Canada find anything?
    Have you checked to see if HF will ship into Canada? Have to say I'm getting a little jaded to the cheap Chinese crap that stores like Princess Auto stock, but there are some good reviews about a few HF items.
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

Les

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Have you checked to see if HF will ship into Canada? Have to say I'm getting a little jaded to the cheap Chinese crap that stores like Princess Auto stock, but there are some good reviews about a few HF items.
    agreed. I looked at harbor freight but because of the shipping weight, its' not worth it.
    I will probably just build one myself, when I can find a good set of plans.

Just picked one up this weekend at their sidewalk sale. Haven't had time to put it together yet.

I had mine shipped and it was only $7 or so but I am not in Canada
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

I've been using one for a month. I'm TIG welding in a crowded garage.

I leave one of the movable edges in the up position. It keeps the filler rod from rolling off the edge. I also toss the contaminated tungstens there till I finish what I'm doing, then I trim and regrind them all at once.

The only big hassle with the table as a welding surface is that it is zinc coated. If you clamp thin stuff directly to the table (as might happen when practicing TIG beads) the zinc bubbles up and comes off. Not a problem just add a layer of 16 ga sheet under my work.

Dan

I have one - it does fold (the legs pivot together) and the entire table (folded) is around 4 or 5 inches wide. As for differences between the HF and the Strongarm, the hole pattern on the HF is different (IMHO - the HF might be better) and the HF doesn't have a handle & wheels for dragging it along (a couple of HF $3.00 casters, a drawer handle and a few minutes with the welder - bingo it's dragging)

At full retail the HF isn't such a hot deal, I got mine for $59.00 less a 25% coupon - less than $45.00 - at that price it is WELL worth it! If it bends or warps- aren't we all more than capable of fixing it?
    Last edited by icanfixthat; 10-14-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Spelling and puncuation

I have one for a while now. Good table for the money and serves me well as a newbie. I overheated mine while learning to weld and now it doesn't want to sit flat, but this was my fault as I was being dumb. I still use it it for small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    I have been wanting that stronghand tool portable welding table for a little while now, but no way at $150+. Went to harbor freight to pick up some things last night and they had a table that looked identical. And $149. Well F that.
    Today I went online to look it up to get some more info and what do you know it's on sale for $59! Well I didn't want to go back to harbor freight since every time I go there, it's a bad experience with their customer service. EVERY time. So I figured they would probably argue over pricing and coupons and it I would have to wait 20 minutes in line because of the stupid people that have 12 coupons for a free flashlight and blah blah blah. Ordered this online, shipping was $6 and I was able to use a 20% off coupon. Total was just under $59 shipped to my door with tax! I'll take it!

Strong hand tools table
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strong-Hand-...0d88d4&vxp=mtr

Harbor Freight version
    http://www.harborfreight.com/adjusta...l#.UxH2nihOTdk

20% off coupon for those that don't have it.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-c...12-aff-11.html

Enjoy

I used this coupon for $54.99 which i think comes up about $6 less than using the 20% off coupon. - http://www.hfqpdb.com/best_coupon/AD...+WELDING+TABLE
    Last edited by bevis28; 03-23-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

I’ve had one for a couple years now . Does what I need it to do ,even if just putting tool on . Helps keeping me off my hands and kneesName:  E28D0FB9-BECB-4BC5-B27E-409E2BD61433.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  125.0 KB