Welding table picture thread - Page 26
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Re: Welding table picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by bellaireroad View Post
    Sounds like a great deal. Shipping will be 5 grand, have it to you next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Better yet I'll come down and get it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthQuarter View Post
    I found WeldingWeb after I made what I thought was a welding table. Designed for easy knock down by one man.

Still super useful and not bending over to pick up dropped tools. Clocks at ~800 pounds.
    Looks very nice. What do you mainly use it for? I also see a table made of tube steel in the background of the first picture that looks interesting.
    I play with sticks
    Trailblazer 325 EFI w/ Excel Power, LN-25, Power Mig 210 MP, AlphaTig 200X

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeldingConnector View Post
    Looks very nice. What do you mainly use it for? I also see a table made of tube steel in the background of the first picture that looks interesting.
    The smaller tube table was my first. I worked in car washing business and everything is stainless; the tube came from old equipment. In a carwash there's always something to fix or a doo-dad to make. It was perfect for that.

I'm still a beginner but need more work area. The bigger table fixes that and when doing woodwork I just lay a sheet of plywood over it.

I was given this table yesterday by my employer. It's a little rusty but not too terrible. Unfortunately it sat outside for the last three years against the back of the building along with a lot of other junk. Long story short, a couple months ago we got a new owner who said to get rid of all that junk. I asked him if I could take it. He looked at it and said do it. He's not even charging me scrap value for it. The legs and top support are 2" square and 1/8" thick. It's a 4' x 8' top but only 35" high. I'm 6'1" so that's a little short for me. I'll have to figure something out. The top is plywood. This wasn't a welding table. It was an assembly table. (We still have a few other similar tables still in use, two of which have 1/2" thick metal tops and stand end to end and are where I do all the welding of some of our company's products.) I'll have to do something to jack this up and make a metal table top for it. I'm not sure how I'll do that yet but I will glean a few ideas from this page. This is a nice start though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gatemaster; 12-14-2018 at 03:46 PM.
    Hobart Ironman 230
    Hobart AirForce 40i
    Hobart EZ-TIG 165i

look into scaffold screw jacks with or without casters and a tube sleeve to fit the shaft. drill holes in the square tube for a few rosette welds to the round tube inside. The jacks are acme threaded, either hollow or solid, and can take tons of weight in either configuration. Good price, widely available easy to use, and strong as all get out.

Not a bad idea, unless screw jacks really are as expensive as I see in McMaster's. Any idea where to find some for less than that?

My other thought was to get some 1/2" thick strips of steel and stand them up on threaded rods to level them all. I've seen several tables on here done like this. I don't know if I really need that extent of a table though.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    look into scaffold screw jacks with or without casters and a tube sleeve to fit the shaft. drill holes in the square tube for a few rosette welds to the round tube inside. The jacks are acme threaded, either hollow or solid, and can take tons of weight in either configuration. Good price, widely available easy to use, and strong as all get out.
    Hobart Ironman 230
    Hobart AirForce 40i
    Hobart EZ-TIG 165i

I've found them cheap on craigslist and offerup (phone app), from yards that sell scaffolds/warehouse shelving stuff to big outfits usually but advertise online. Under 15 each usually in southern california. scaffoldmart.com seems to have a good price at 15 dollars, though i'm not sure about the shipping. scaffoldmart.com also has good info on most of their products (load capacity and safety margin) bc they are designed to carry a human load, so you can get a definite idea of what to expect strength wise. I wouldn't hesitate to use a smaller tube inside the bigger tube, with a good hardened pin/bolt in through holes. they also sell scaffolding levelers in this configuration on the cheap. They can take a HUGE dynamic load. Good luck and nice score!
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 12-14-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Heck, as nice as the bones of those tables are, I'd just use some large bolts/nuts to make in-house leveling feet. You could raise it up several inches without any problem and take care of any uneven floor issues.

If mobility is needed, you can buy heavy-duty "vintage" casters on ebay for pretty cheap. Then it's just a matter of welding some plates to the legs and bolting the casters in place.

Dual purpose welding table.

Ho Ho Ho....

Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Do you act surprised when you open your gifts?

Welding table picture thread

Getting to work on the clamps, they work great

Quote Originally Posted by bellaireroad View Post
    Getting to work on the clamps, they work great
    Fantastic work! Like how neat and clean you did them.

How's that Fireball square working out for you? I've got the smaller weld-your-own version and have been thinking about getting one of the larger cast styles.

those clamps look excellent. do they come with the knurled bit on the end already?

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    Fantastic work! Like how neat and clean you did them.

How's that Fireball square working out for you? I've got the smaller weld-your-own version and have been thinking about getting one of the larger cast styles.
    Thanks, The FB square is very handy, sure made the setup on these clamps a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    those clamps look excellent. do they come with the knurled bit on the end already?
    Hi, those were knurled at my local machine shop- good guys.... I had a bunch made up.

Will probably use some to make a little mount table for that small vise so’s I can move it around

Last edited by bellaireroad; 12-28-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Finally got some down time to get this started!! You can see the old one I hobbled together about 5 years ago in the background, built it to get off the floor real quick and never had the time to upgrade. Finally got tired of not having a flat surface and made time, very glad I did.

Still need to add my Acme Rod to each corner for leveling, add a couple gussets, and trim back the center beams underneath so I don’t catch my legs when I’m doing TIG but it’s close!

4” x 6” x 1/4” W Beams, about 52” x 9’6”, right under 1300 lbs.

Looking back on it now and if I were to do it again I’d run the legs all the way up and weld the cross beam in the middle, the web of the beam gives me some wiggles at the joint which is why I need the gussets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice looking to buy product for a table. Where would I find a 1/2 plate, say 3x5 with 5/8 holes for clamping? I have a local distributor in my city, but wasn't sure if I would need someone else water jet the holes.

Post your location for a start. What type of work do you plan on doing ? There's pros and cons of having holes in a table . With a plain solid top you can tack a clamping device to it. There are lots of ideas and discussions here if you do a search.

Indianapolis, IN

Hobbist in hopes of moving into an income shop. Exploring all types of projects to get a feel what will fit the best for my skillsets and shop area.
    Last edited by indycamper; 02-21-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Ok, scored a 1/2" plate and a craigslist tool box. My old table was 1/8" and I needed to stretch some fj40 hardtop sides, and wanted a flatter surface. Also thought I would swiss cheese the middle, and I like the holes so much I'm going to add some more near the edges. 5/8" holes. 4" on center, with a row at 22.5* and a 45* row across the middle.

Holes are definitely the future.

I don't think I ever posted my table in this thread...

Just after it was made, still had the primer overspray around the edges. Kept it nice since then though, religiously oiled with BLO after any big job. Still have a shelf to make for the underside, though.
    Last edited by Munkul; 02-27-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Name:  1503EAC7-2299-4353-B528-CB6CC43EDE85.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  87.5 KB
    Pic of my student table at school

First real post...........
    Been welding for 28 years, finally coughed the up the coin and bought a Siegmund 22 series table. Got sick and tired of welding on an untrue surface. Can't for the life of me, get this pic to orient properly..........

Name:  IMG_7372.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  96.5 KB

Taking pictures with your phone? If so orientation helps to display the images correctly with the top side up. Try taking the pictures with the phone oriented sideways with the camera lense on the left side of the phone. Think of it like this. Most pictures are rectangles with the longer portion being in the horizontal plane. If you orient your phone so the screen has the same orientation with the widest part of the picture running horizontal it should come out perfect everytime.

Nice table by the way. Welcome to weldingweb camfab. I took the liberty of rotating your photo for you.

Attachment 1699150
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 03-15-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, L-tec, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Thanks so much N2 Welding. I actually read that Landscape was the preferred method but I preferred the shot in Portrait mode. So my question to you, is how did you orient the image properly?