Got A Gripe? - Page 29
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 701 to 721 of 721

Thread: Got A Gripe?

  1. #701
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    4,832

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Craigslist

    "Need Gone"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,999

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Did my first '' HORSESHOE '' art craft show in my town . People just loved and complimented me on my designs and how clean and shinny the horseshoes are. THEN asked to take pictures so they could try to duplicate. Didn't buy but want to capture the design. I said go ahead but there is a lot more to it than taking a picture.
    As many crafters here mentioned , buyers want to pay what materials cost and nothing for labor. I was told show location in different towns or cities makes a difference from talking to crafters at my first show.
    A rewarding moment was when a wife bought a piece after the husband said that he can may that. She said you might be able to IF you get your fata$$ off the couch and set your beer down.

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,768

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Did my first '' HORSESHOE '' art craft show in my town . People just loved and complimented me on my designs and how clean and shinny the horseshoes are. THEN asked to take pictures so they could try to duplicate. Didn't buy but want to capture the design. I said go ahead but there is a lot more to it than taking a picture.
    As many crafters here mentioned , buyers want to pay what materials cost and nothing for labor. I was told show location in different towns or cities makes a difference from talking to crafters at my first show.
    A rewarding moment was when a wife bought a piece after the husband said that he can may that. She said you might be able to IF you get your fata$$ off the couch and set your beer down.
    I know that feeling very, very well. I have had three shows this year where people come up and just start taking pics of my items. I even had one guy walk up with a video camera and start walking around my booth. I politely asked him to leave but was thinking, "WTF?".
    I had this sign taped up in my booth several times last year.

    I have even had other vendors start copying the exact way I write my listings on Etsy.

    Pat


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  4. #704
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,999

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    I know that feeling very, very well. I have had three shows this year where people come up and just start taking pics of my items. I even had one guy walk up with a video camera and start walking around my booth. I politely asked him to leave but was thinking, "WTF?".
    I had this sign taped up in my booth several times last year.

    I have even had other vendors start copying the exact way I write my listings on Etsy.

    Pat


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I did see your sign before and it's awesome. I meet a couple young guys interested in doing horseshoe art which was great. I brought catalogs and business cards from Centaur Forge where I buy my shoes along with a variety of new and recycled shoes. People didn't realize what was envolved to make recycled ones shine like they do.

  5. #705
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    One of my gripes is when driving on the Interstate highway and trying to maintain 75MPH with the cruise control on and being behind another vehicle also doing 75. When the other driver starts to pass an 18 wheeler(doing 70 MPH), they slow to 70.25 MPH until they are past the truck, then speed back up to 75 again. If your driving 75, and go to pass a big truck, stay at that speed and get on past, don't SLOW DOWN. That puts you driving next to the big rig for much longer, and increases the chance of something bad happening. I guess these people have never seen what can happen when one of those big truck tires blows out. I cant figure out WHY they do this. Does anyone do this or know why they do this?
    I have had times that when the other driver sped back up and got in the right lane again and I speed up to put them in the rear view mirror, they speed up also to keep me from passing them. Then the next line of trucks they get to, they slow down again while passing, only to speed up again after the pass. This chaps my a$$ when they do this when I have somewhere to go and don't have their same schedule.
    Subconscious fear of driving next to a truck, it happens so often, it drives me crazy that people don't use cruise control, and it also goes to show how many people are bad drivers because they are aware of what they are doing and when (like slowing down next to a semi)

    I was behind a semi once and there was a lady in the passing lane passing me, so I hit my brakes to slow down and get behind the lady and pass the semi, and she saw my brakes and slowed down too!! So now we're both going the same speed and I can't get around her or the semi, stupid, people do things that are stupid

  6. #706
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    285

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by mammaogi View Post
    People who treat their parents poorly. I was sitting in surgeons office waiting room, watching a group of four people, mom and dad, clearly in their eighties or nineties, and two kids- looked to be mid fifties or sixties.
    The parents, while clearly quite old, where all there and not at all confused, they have the misfortune of no longer being able to drive, so the kids transport them to medical appointments.
    Not happily, I have never heard so many little jabs and digs about what an inconvenience it was for them to be there, how they'd had to make arrangements to get time to be there, and the time the wait was taking. The mother has some stomach issue that requires surgery, so here they where.
    I listened in shock as the kids told their parents that "at your age, maybe you shouldn't be wasting the doctors time...." And also that "I'm sure the pain is bearable, it cannot be that bad...."
    These are the people that fed, clothed, wiped their asses, paid their way into adulthood, and they treat them like second class burdens. DISGUSTING
    The final straw for me was when the parents went in for the appointment, and I said casually to the son, "hard to get away from work on a day like this" His response to me was "not really, I'm retired!"
    Makes me sick. Respect your parents, love them, help them. Without them, you wouldn't be here. Pricks!

    Ok, better now.
    I would not have let this slide. I'd have gone up to the parents, introduced myself and then offered to chauffeur them for the rest of their lives as long as they agreed to will all their assets to charity.

    Pretty sure their young darlings would have changed their tunes, real quick!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Invertec V205-T Tig/stick
    Miller Coolmate 1.3 Coolant System
    Millermatic 211 Mig Welder
    Speedglas Adflo PAPR 9100 FX-Air
    CertiFlat FB2430 fabBlock U-Weld Kit Welding Table
    FW3012 CertiFlat fabWing 30" X 12" Extension Table

  7. #707
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,768

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    The last couple of months it seems like it has rained for several days straight during most all of the weekends.
    That has put a hurting on my production for the upcoming year.
    Today was supposed to be sunny 50 degrees and windy.
    No problem. I can deal with wind. At least until the 50 mph gusts knock out power to the neighborhood in the middle of welding.


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hallieford, VA
    Posts
    2,477

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    The last couple of months it seems like it has rained for several days straight during most all of the weekends.
    That has put a hurting on my production for the upcoming year.
    Today was supposed to be sunny 50 degrees and windy.
    No problem. I can deal with wind. At least until the 50 mph gusts knock out power to the neighborhood in the middle of welding.


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Power out here for about 5 hrs today Pat.
    Jerry
    30+ yrs Army Infantry & Field Artillery, 25 yrs ago

    Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press

  9. #709
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,768

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by storeman View Post
    Power out here for about 5 hrs today Pat.
    Jerry
    I looked on the electric company outage map and it goes from Winchestet on down the Peninsula. I assume it was to yoi as well but you probably have a different electric company

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,768

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by storeman View Post
    Power out here for about 5 hrs today Pat.
    Jerry
    How was the cruise?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  11. #711
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hallieford, VA
    Posts
    2,477

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Not a cruise. 17 days of Hawaiian island hopping. Had a ball but am too old to go towards the Pacific again. 20 hour trips suck, especially returning home. Still had a great time.
    Jerry
    30+ yrs Army Infantry & Field Artillery, 25 yrs ago

    Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press

  12. #712
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,727

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    my gripe; co-workers who are about to retire that neglected their health and pass on to the other side before they collect one pension check.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  13. #713
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jasper TX
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    my gripe; co-workers who are about to retire that neglected their health and pass on to the other side before they collect one pension check.
    That's one of my biggest fears... to have worked all your life and die a couple of weeks after you retire. I know of couple of friends that had that happen recently. Really SUX...

  14. #714
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mount Tabor VT
    Posts
    6,192

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    JURY DUTY
    I averted it ten years ago when the questionnaire preceded the summons. They asked if I read, write, and understand English. Ten years ago, I answered in crayon: "sum." Asked if there are any ethnic groups I might be prejudiced against. I lied, and found a very long list of ethnic slurs. I made every effort to leave no one out, even French Canadian/English mixed origin. While I doubt anyone believed me, I'm confident they believed that I am a magnificent P.I.theA.

    This round the rephrased questionnaire included a summons. I can truthfully say that I deeply resent those who waste my life, court time, and a mountain of public money by committing crimes. I will not be open minded toward these people. Nor will I be sympathetic to those lawyers arguing for a mistrial because the police officer failed to say some magic word. With any luck, I'll be out of the courthouse by 9:30 AM. Ideally I'll go home, not to jail.

    Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    654

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    JURY DUTY
    I averted it ten years ago when the questionnaire preceded the summons. They asked if I read, write, and understand English. Ten years ago, I answered in crayon: "sum." Asked if there are any ethnic groups I might be prejudiced against. I lied, and found a very long list of ethnic slurs. I made every effort to leave no one out, even French Canadian/English mixed origin. While I doubt anyone believed me, I'm confident they believed that I am a magnificent P.I.theA.

    This round the rephrased questionnaire included a summons. I can truthfully say that I deeply resent those who waste my life, court time, and a mountain of public money by committing crimes. I will not be open minded toward these people. Nor will I be sympathetic to those lawyers arguing for a mistrial because the police officer failed to say some magic word. With any luck, I'll be out of the courthouse by 9:30 AM. Ideally I'll go home, not to jail.

    Willie
    If I was a defendant I would rather be judged by someone like you that applies logical, rational thought to the facts of the case instead someone on the jury that found my beard(or other meaningless feature that didn't sit well with him/her) to be associated with a guilty person.

    I've never been called and yet a friend has been called twice in the last 10 years... he said this time his reply to every question on the qualification form is going to be "give him the chair!!"
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

  16. #716
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mount Tabor VT
    Posts
    6,192

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    It is my intent to go all Alice's Restaurant on them. My hope is they won't want me.

    KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL ...........

    Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

  17. #717
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,848

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Go for it Willie 30 days contempt of court fly's bye fast
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  18. #718
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,727

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    today's gripe has been an ongoing fight with allstate auto. i got a letter stating my premium was going up because my daughter was residing at my address even though she doesn't drive my vehicle. fast forward to the day she moves out and i'm trying to get the insurance company to reduce my payment. they raised my premium without any input from me but i must supply documentation to prove she's living elsewhere to lower it
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  19. #719
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Livingston, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,090

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    today's gripe has been an ongoing fight with allstate auto. i got a letter stating my premium was going up because my daughter was residing at my address even though she doesn't drive my vehicle. fast forward to the day she moves out and i'm trying to get the insurance company to reduce my payment. they raised my premium without any input from me but i must supply documentation to prove she's living elsewhere to lower it
    Get your insurance through a independent agent.
    JOHN

    Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

  20. #720
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    4,413

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    We dumped allstate 4-5 years ago and haven't looked back seems after a longggggg time of paying premiums they wanted to change the game and up premiums.... for no apparent reason other than their corporate policies have changed or something???

  21. #721
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,000

    Re: Got A Gripe?

    "BEST OFFER" ON FLEABAY

    Sometimes ya get a dood that's for real, and the deal is on. Back and forth, you settle on a fair price.

    THEN THERE'S THE AZZHOLES THAT USE AUTO DECLINE, OR DON'T RESPOND TILL THE OFFER EXPIRES. FK EM

    If you wanna do best offer, the do best offer...……...otherwise just set it up as a "buy it now"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement