AHP 201dx gas hose quick connect
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

AHP 201dx gas hose quick connect

Is the AHP gas hose a standard size? 3/16? I see there are a number threads pertaining to 201dx gas hose issues and I want to eliminate the cheesy 9mm quick connect gas fitting at the front of the machine and put on a 5/8-18 threaded inert gas fitting like the Miller DX et al use. I see it as a potential source for leaks and I am getting grey stainless welds and want to ensure it isn't a leak issue.. I realize there are a hundred other factors but want to address the leaks issue for certain. Working to get a portable flowmeter for the torch head as well.

The fitting inside the welder is 1/8 female npt I believe. So I want to adapt from whatever the hard line is inside the welder (or 1/8fpt) to 5/8-18 female like more standard tig torches use.
    Last edited by KevinF; 11-07-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Re: AHP 201dx gas hose quick connect

It is standard size, 3/16" hose.

There is a plastic hardline inside the welder with a push on fitting that looks very much like 1/8" female npt but I believe it is actually a parallel thread I believe. At any rate, I used a little permatex thread sealant and ran a 1/8 mpt into it and it sealed fine. From there I just went to a standard CGA 032 barb for 3/16 hose and a nut. So now the welder connection is a standard inert gas b size fitting 5/8-18 and I can trade torches with my buddy with the Miller DX to see if the torch is causing my grey welds.

Name:  20191108_074052.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  47.0 KB

That fitting was 1/8G X 28 straight thread. 1/8" standard is 27 taper thread. Hope you never need to change it back now.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Figured it was probably british parallel. I won't lose sleep over a couple bucks worth of hard line or a pipe fitting that is the only one of its kind in my shop.

Thanks for the info.