AHP Owners/Users Thread. No Trolling unless you have used/own one! - Page 113
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 2,801 to 2,823 of 2823

Re: AHP Owners/Users Thread. No Trolling unless you have used/own one!

go back a a couple of pages and replace the spring in the foot pedal. that makes a world of difference on mine!
    lincoln 125sp
    monkey wards 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    of course duramax diesel

Just for information - after looking through the Alphatig 200 manual, they don't list the HF points gap spec. According to Tech support, a range of .020 - .030 will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by ljdm View Post
    Just for information - after looking through the Alphatig 200 manual, they don't list the HF points gap spec. According to Tech support, a range of .020 - .030 will do the trick.
    You need a 5.5 mm ignition wrench and socket to adjust the gap. The ignition wrench is needed to hold the brass the tungsten is mounted in while tightening the socket or use two ignition wrenches. A 7/32" wrench is about the same as 5.5mm and works. That's what I used.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaneride View Post
    You need a 5.5 mm ignition wrench and socket to adjust the gap. The ignition wrench is needed to hold the brass the tungsten is mounted in while tightening the socket or use two ignition wrenches. A 7/32" wrench is about the same as 5.5mm and works. That's what I used.
    All AHP owners should post any info/tips n tricks about AHP products, cause it doesn't look like AHP has any plans to do anything with their forum.

I had my AHP 201XD delivered about 2 weeks ago and have really been giving it a work out.Even though I can not Tig weld worth a damn.The only thing I have problems with is the Foot Pedal.I use foot pedals a lot on my 2 Scroll saws like the SSC style pedal.Does anyone have the 201XD and use the SSC pedal.If so how is it working out.I am just wandering if they changed anything inside the welder.I don't think they would come out with a new Series just to eliminate the plastic shield.Thanks Tony

I have the SSC pedal and really don't like it or use it. So what kind or trouble are you having with your foot pedal. I am using the same one off my AHP on my Primeweld 225 its 3 years old and has never missed a beat.
    Last edited by mechanic416; 01-18-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    I have the SSC pedal and really don't like it or use it. So what kind or trouble are you having with your foot pedal. I am using the same one off my AHP on my Primeweld 225 its 3 years old and has never missed a beat.
    Seems like the answer to the foot pedal issue is to make a base for it so it doesn't keep moving away from you. Some people say change the spring, I don't have a problem with the spring being too strong, I just made a base, works fine, just a little bigger than other pedals.

I did all of that .It is just that after using the SSC pedal type on my Scroll Saw for many years I just can not get used to the reverse action.Plus I have been getting Chemo for 3 Years and lost feeling in my feet.But I have no problem with the SSC type on my Saws.I just want to make sure that the SSC pedal is compatable with the 201 before I order it.But like I said the AHP works great.But not in my situation.Now don't get me wrong I am not blaming the pedal for my so called tig welding I know that part is me.

Well I had my unit little over a month now and went through my first bottle of Argon That is a lot of coupons. So far with the exception of operator era it has not skipped a beat.Once I dial in the right size of consumables, heat and gas it is going to workout really well.The one thing I have to say is AHP does not cheat on there included package..I liked what I see in this company so I just ordered there Plasma cutter.Again they did not Skimp on anything IPT- 60 torch, IGBT Inverter.And consumables for this torch are sold everywhere.and are very reasonable.And I am getting used to the included pedal. I did change the spring and put a longer base on it

use this 3/8 rubber with pedal

bought a 4x5 feet roll from home depot

Name:  P1020502.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  158.5 KB

Charl

What is the required circuit breaker amp for the ahp 200 x for both 110v and the 220 v use ?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dew343 View Post
    What is the required circuit breaker amp for the ahp 200 x for both 110v and the 220 v use ?
    Mike
    Don't know required size, but I have been using a 40a breaker without any problems past year or so. I only use 220v.

I have searched high and low for this info i guess i am going to have to reach out to AHP .40 amps is more than enough I am sure , but wou;d like to know what they recommend

Quote Originally Posted by dew343 View Post
    I have searched high and low for this info i guess i am going to have to reach out to AHP .40 amps is more than enough I am sure , but wou;d like to know what they recommend
    In the manual, rated input current TIG is 28 amps- 220v, 37.4amps- 120v MMA 58.2amps- 120v 42.2amps- 220v. Just used stick tonight, never tripped the breaker (40amp) in the past year

This is the information that AHP gave me after emailing the tech line the breaker question .
    Morning

We recommend a 2 pull 40amp breaker with at least #8 wiring, #6 is ideal.

Any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Cheers

Christian B

www.ahpwelds.com

Main Number: 925-391-3599

Email: tech@ahpwelds.com

Phone: 925-391-3583 "Direct AHP Tech. Support"

Ordered one yesterday from the ahpwelds website. Won't have it home and running for a while yet. Going to pick it up in Palm Springs.

I just Gave the AHP 60 a good work out It did everything the specs said it would There are a lot of consumables out there for the IPT60 Torch Drag shields.Stand offs, Long Nozzles and electrodes Different size nozzles I ordered them all.But will most likely use the 30 and 60 amp the most The drag shield got a good workout along with the stand off. At 76 YO my hands are a little shakey I have gotten my Consumables on eBay. Georges Plasma repair his Ebay store Mechanic416 and Plasmadynusa
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by tonylumps; 02-27-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylumps View Post
    I just Gave the AHP 60 a good work out It did everything the specs said it would There are a lot of consumables out there for the IPT60 Torch Drag shields.Stand offs, Long Nozzles and electrodes Different size nozzles I ordered them all.But will most likely use the 30 and 60 amp the most The drag shield got a good workout along with the stand off. At 76 YO my hands are a little shakey I have gotten my Consumables on eBay. Georges Plasma repair his Ebay store Mechanic416 and Plasmadynusa
    Just a little side note here: I ONLY sell original consumables made by Tecmo from Italy. Do not get them mixed up with the Plasmadyn's copy's from China.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

I recently had an issue with my 2015 machine and I figured I'd post everything I did here..

In the middle of a job my HF start just died and initially I thought the AHP died but I discovered I was still able to scratch start (albeit terribly)... I figured I would need to adjust or clean the points but when I opened it up they were right at .029" and didn't really look like they needed cleaning.

After pulling the board to look for damage I spotted this burned cap:
    Name:  AHP1.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  AHP2.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  58.1 KB

It looks like it was touching the one side of the points and eventually burned through. After looking around at Digikey, etc, most of them required a minimum purchase of huge lots, but I eventually found these guys: HVstuff.com

They are based in China and the parts were cheap, but shipping wasn't all that great (expedited shipping was $28 to NY), so I spent $5 for a few of the parts and $11 for standard shipping which took about 10 days. The new part was a little smaller but seems to work fine. I guess less than $20 to get back up and running wasn't bad.

Just note that you will need a decent soldering iron as the pads are pretty substantial and will suck the heat out of low powered irons. I used a decent Weller and was just able to get it done.

Hope this helps someone with the same issue...

Excellent troubleshooting and repair. But now you have me paranoid and wanting to open up mine and look how close the cap is to the points. Gee, thanks.(LOL)

Well I'm always glad to help out where I can

I've got a couple extras if you do need one lol

Unhappy Re: TIG200X Display only reads 002. AHP won't respond to service request.

I have a Tig200X. About 2 years old (APRIL 2017). Purchased directly from AHP via Amazon. Used it about 5 times and then hurt my shoulder and gave up on TIG welding. Decided to sell it after its been sitting since I'd rather have a boat than a pretty yellow box I can't use and fired it up to make sure everything works.

It doesn't. The display reads 002. Doesn't matter what setting I use, it reads 002. No turning of the knobs results in anything different than 002. Power off, unplug...002. Leave it unplugged for 2 months...002. I sent a service request to AHP. Crickets. I left a voice message for AHP. Dead Silence. I sent an Email. Nada. I tried posting on the AHP Forum...forum is deader than the display.
    It is supposed to be under warranty but this does me no good if the company won't even respond to a request for service.

Is this thing now an $800 paperweight? It still functions but selling a used unit with a bad display is gonna mean a gigantic loss.
    The Pump Man
    Mobile Pump Systems and Fabrication.
    www.cleaningpumps.com
    Bellingham, WA

Re: TIG200X Display only reads 002. AHP won't respond to service request.

Quote Originally Posted by EnderleFab View Post
    I have a Tig200X. About 2 years old (APRIL 2017). Purchased directly from AHP via Amazon. Used it about 5 times and then hurt my shoulder and gave up on TIG welding. Decided to sell it after its been sitting since I'd rather have a boat than a pretty yellow box I can't use and fired it up to make sure everything works.

It doesn't. The display reads 002. Doesn't matter what setting I use, it reads 002. No turning of the knobs results in anything different than 002. Power off, unplug...002. Leave it unplugged for 2 months...002. I sent a service request to AHP. Crickets. I left a voice message for AHP. Dead Silence. I sent an Email. Nada. I tried posting on the AHP Forum...forum is deader than the display.
    It is supposed to be under warranty but this does me no good if the company won't even respond to a request for service.

Is this thing now an $800 paperweight? It still functions but selling a used unit with a bad display is gonna mean a gigantic loss.
    The forum is as useful as t*ts on a bull! Emails, same thing. Been a few months, but I had my best luck calling and speaking to Tech support. Things can change, I know, just make sure you leave voicemail to Tech, not customer support. Give it a few tries, I made sure I called during their specified hours.