AHP Owners/Users Thread. No Trolling unless you have used/own one! - Page 114
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2868

Re: AHP Owners/Users Thread. No Trolling unless you have used/own one!

Dunno what the problem could be, Last week I emailed Tech about a knob control board issue, they sent me a new one. Today I had an oddball question for Tech - I needed to know the ID of the Argon hose. I spoke over the phone(first call), explained what I needed. He took my info, he called the repair center, within an hour I had my answer. Yup, not a major issue either time(well, kinda with the control board - display amps didn't match knob amps). I dunno, was I just lucky to be able to get in contact with Tech? All I did was go to the AHP site, go to "Contact Us" for the email address, then the phone number and extension for Tech.

Just so you know, no, I am not affiliated in any way, nor paid, etc, by AHP to post what I did, I am just giving my experiences with AHP Tech support.

I have a 2016 AlphaTig 200 works great. I need to get some torch parts. Anybody know what torch it came with? Thanks

It came with a 17 style torch.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

I am shopping for a new tig welder. My old Mitek super200P seems to have taken a dump and I think it's time to upgrade to a more current welder. I have been looking at the new AHP 201XD and the owner reviews seem to be pretty good. The thing is, I went to their web site and was kind of underwhelmed. Almost everything is out of stock, the web site looks like it's on life support as nothing seems to work and I just get the impression that the company is getting ready to evaporate and is only waiting for me to purchase one to push it over the edge.

This same thing happened to me when I bought my Mitek Super200P. I shopped for weeks, read all of the posts and reviews then finally spent my hard earned $1200 and here I am today with a $1200 paperweight. It turns out that the company I thought I was buying from consisted of a guy in Florida, who sold these things on eBay. Well he retired and I have an expensive brick. If I could get a schematic I could repair it myself but after an extensive google search, I've come up empty. This same machine was made by several different companies and they all looked like clones of each other.

The AHP looks like it has been around since about 2014 so that is a fairly good track record. I am 67 years old so this will probably be the last welder I buy ( I thought the Mitech was also) and living on a fixed income, it's going to be a stretch to get this new one. I just need it for my many shop projects as I have a pretty well equipped hobby machine shop and I like to build and repair things. A descent welder is pretty much essential for the projects I have planned. My 1996 Honda Del Sol has been out of action for almost a month since the new exhaust I bought off of eBay came 3 inches too short of fitting and it's 304 stainless. I need to tig the new pipe extension on and make a few modifications to make it fit so it looks like a new welder is in my future.

Any words of encouragement about the AHP 201XD and it's possible longevity would be much appreciated. Or if anyone has any info about the Mitek Super200P schematic, that would be even better, it's still a good old machine but like me it's got some health issues (just kidding, I'm still in much better shape, so far).
    oxy/ace w/victor gauges
    Lincwelder AC-225-5 (Buzz Box)
    Chicago Electric 130 Amp TIG
    Mitech Super 200P MIG/TIG/Plasma
    Clarke 180EN MIG w/Bernard Q-Gun
    9 x 20 bench lathe
    Gear head Mill/Drill

Luckydog,

Did you try to contact Mitek though this web site:http://www.mitech.cc/index.asp

They show service manuals(product manual) under "Support" but you have to send your email etc. Good luck.
    ---Meltedmetal

Words of encouragement? Here ya go - Likewise, I'm on a fixed income, so I try to get the most for my dollars! I have the Alphatig200, the 201 is pretty much the same machine. I am very satisfied with it. Yes, their website is not quite up to par(it sux), even their Forum was never setup, along with registrations, etc. BUT....I have had great success with their Tech support. That being said, there are my words of encouragement. No, I am not affiliated with, or compensated by AHP.

Is AHP going the way of the dinosaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcmaker View Post
    Is AHP going the way of the dinosaur?
    Haven't heard anything like that. AHP and Everlast are connected, so AHP has the support of the parent company. So far, just looks like they just don't care about the website, sales are fine without it, as forum stuff, users can go here.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Ahp site is under renovation from what I understand.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Ahp site is under renovation from what I understand.
    Hate to say it, but if AHP doesn't need a forum, at least we have a section of the forum here. Get enough traffic, might be able to have our own sub section along with the other brands on the forum

The site was under renovation when I bought my 200x back in 2016

AHP seemed like a very promising new company a few years ago

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Sites have to undergo frequent renovations to keep up with Google standards and rankings. It's not uncommon. Miller has undergone several in that time.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

You can't rush into these things, you have to set down and ponder on it for a few years.

as much as I was disappointed about the non-working forum when I bought mine, I bought mine for the welder, not the forum. The forum would have been a nice extra, but not a deal breaker. Probably get more answers here on this forum than would have gotten there anyway.

I pulled the trigger and placed the order for a presale unit on 11-9. It appeared to create a ups label right away but didn't ship even though the tracking number search had that it would deliver on the 15th. The website noted these wouldn't ship until the 25th. Not a big deal as it said so and gives me time to line up the argon cylinder and some other things.

I ordered some 2% lanthanated tungstens, and a wp9 torch. Thinking now I need a hose and connectors to go with it to make swapping easier. Will look into that. Still need some filler rod and cup, lens or what ever to direct the argon from the torch.

I'm not a weldor and don't pretend to be but I have burn some rods and have a small wire feed. This is just the next step in life. We are hobby guys and the son wants to build a gas tank for his Fiero project as it seems the tanks are hard to come by.

Did not know of the tiger direct option until I searched the alpha Tig and came across this forum. Lots of info here.
    Anyone have a link to the yellowbullet.com thread on the alpha tig? I searched but didn't come up with it.

I'll post more when the unit arrives and we get to fire it up.
    Rich

This might be the yellobullet.com thread not sure.
    https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...light=alphatig

Also wanted to confirm the dimensions as I am hunting a cover. Hobby machine so it needs something to keep the dust off between uses.
    The AHP is 22 long, 9 wide, and 22 high is what I saw in this thread.

I'm pretty excited.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    This might be the yellobullet.com thread not sure.
    https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...light=alphatig

Also wanted to confirm the dimensions as I am hunting a cover. Hobby machine so it needs something to keep the dust off between uses.
    The AHP is 22 long, 9 wide, and 22 high is what I saw in this thread.

I'm pretty excited.
    I use old towels, small blankets, etc to cover my welders. Never use rubber and plastic it can trap moisture.

Sounds like a good. l'll hit the HF and get a moving blanket or two and see if the wife can sew em into a decent cover. Was looking on the ebay at welder covers but didn't see anything that would fit.

Lanthanated 2% tungstens came. Not fancy brand but Ill give em a go.

Also got a flex head wp9 torch in. I'll have to order up some cups and such to be able to use it. and probably a hose and connectors to make it easy to swap.

I have some diamond discs for the dremel coming to sharpen the tungstens. And have a deal brewing on a 150cf cylinder of argon i'm hoping to pick up tomorrow.
    Rich

my cover

cordura nylon...used for backpacks

open in front...closed in back

Name:  P1020710.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  157.5 KB

Charl

Mine has arrived!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post

Mine has arrived!
    Got mine the same time you did. Have you been able to try it out? I only have an hour maybe on mine. I don't have a shop yet and have to work mostly outside. Also no pavement so I needed to have a cart with the ability to be moved around in the dirt/snow. Use my Lincoln ProMig to build the cart.

Name:  20191230_093409.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  143.5 KB

Looks like you have room. Get a portal welding table from Harbor freight and have at it. Remember no mig or stick welding in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Looks like you have room. Get a portal welding table from Harbor freight and have at it. Remember no mig or stick welding in the house.
    I've already given that thought. 1) My 220 outlet is outside, I guess using on 110 is OK but hard on components? 2) the gas cylinder is heavy, 3 steps up into the house, 3) My wife will probably toss me out with the welder.

Quote Originally Posted by h82crash View Post
    Got mine the same time you did. Have you been able to try it out? I only have an hour maybe on mine. I don't have a shop yet and have to work mostly outside. Also no pavement so I needed to have a cart with the ability to be moved around in the dirt/snow. Use my Lincoln ProMig to build the cart.

Name:  20191230_093409.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  143.5 KB
    Yes, I got a cylinder of argon and sharpened up some blue lanthanated 3/32" tungstens and went at it in the driveway with some 3/32" filler wire. I'm not even good at it but it is pretty fun. I tried several different ways, switching hands on the torch and moving the power up and down. Not real good with the foot pedal yet. I'm just not used to having the ability to modulate the power.

on the little cart I bought off ebay.

I bought 5 lbs of filler off ebay. After working for compressed gas sellers(more than one)and knowing their ways I take my money elsewhere. Though I do let them refill my cylinders.

Needs to be cleaned better though I did wipe the metal and the filler down with acetone.

couple more beads.

First try with the filler wire, Stuck it all together. Just need more practice. Those who claim to have never dipped a tungsten or stuck a filler wire or always lay dimes are liars. Everyone starts somewhere and no one is great right off. Those guys on youtube make it look easy because they have years under a hood and most welded for a living at some point so they were learning on some one else's dime and getting paid to use up the gas and filler.

I bought it because I've wanted a tig machine for years and really never could afford one. This one had enough good reviews for me to take a chance. I'm super happy with it so far.

Oh, NICE cart you built! i am jelly. I work full time so I don't really get to do what I want all the time. But I do sneak out to the garage every chance I get to fool with my projects.
    Last edited by TexasT; 01-01-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    Rich