Broken Everlast ? - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: Broken Everlast

    I like turtles.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Smalbany NY
    Posts
    461

    Re: Broken Everlast

    hehe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lincoln Power MIG 210 MP ( boat anchor )
    Lincoln Weld-Pac 100 HD
    Hobart IronMan 230
    Cutmaster 42
    Jackson NexGen
    Sumner Ultra Clamps
    DWM120

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    176

    Re: Broken Everlast

    A couple of months ago I was actually considering buying an green machine. Actually to be honest and at the risk of loosing any respect anyone may have had for me, I was actually very strongly considering a green machine

    I weld for a living but wanted a tig for hobby use at home. I do believe in buying quality especially when it comes to my welding equipment. But the fact of the matter is it would only get used seldomly so no matter how bad I want a red or blue machine I just can't justify the cost and am aware that it would not be as good as a red or blue machine but for my needs thats ok.

    Since christmas was coming I was forced to wait until the new year before I could actually scrape up enough money to buy one. But now that all the BS stuff came up on this site I have reconsidered. I don't know all the facts and haven't followed to closely but even not following it's hard to avoid all the negativity towards the green machine. I have never used one so I can't comment on the quality of them or how well they function. As it stands now I have made the choice to go with no tig welder over a green one

    I am in no way saying that a green machine is bad in anyway there has just been to much bad press on this site to ignore.

  4. #29

    Re: Broken Everlast

    I don't have an Everlast but have a friend who does. He is as good a TIG welder as anyone on this site!!! He has nothing but good thing to say about his machine. As for other machines out there I have welded with all the brands and if you are any sort of welder at all, you can get it done with a machine from Harbor Freight. All manufactures have problems, if they didn't they wouldn't have a tech dept. or warranty paperwork shipped with every new unit.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: Broken Everlast

    I am suspicious of some of the newer forum members who seem to not post much unless they are defending Everlast. Employees of Everlast maybe?
    I am a professional pipe welder and have only used Miller and Lincoln, for no other reason than just because that is what is used by the contractors I work for. I know what happens when you buy cheap and I am certain that the Everlast isnt running circles around much.
    UA Local 598

  6. #31

    Re: Broken Everlast

    I just found this site tonight. I have several machines ESAB, Miller, Hobart, Thermal Dynamics, Lincoln. I have things I would like to change about all of them. If you have only used 2 types of machines how can you make post about other brands.
    Have you ever seen a POW-CON machine? Most likely the best welder ever made, so good Miller bought the technology to copy it and had a no compete contract with them. If you go to europe you want see that many Miller or Lincolns. Does that mean the pipe lines , buildings, the ocean liners, the cars, the trains built there are not safe or of good quality? Just because it isn't USA made means nothing.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    52

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by WHughes View Post
    I am suspicious of some of the newer forum members who seem to not post much unless they are defending Everlast. Employees of Everlast maybe?
    I am a professional pipe welder and have only used Miller and Lincoln, for no other reason than just because that is what is used by the contractors I work for. I know what happens when you buy cheap and I am certain that the Everlast isnt running circles around much.
    I'm not...the only reason I registered was because off all the Everlast bashing going on and I heard the cocky moderators wanting to shut down the separate forums and combine them into one...so I joined to vote in the poll that they had up in off topic. I was banned on my second post because because I basically said that I can give two ****s about their opinions on these welders if they never used one nor do I care about the **** that comes out of the mouth of the guys trying to sell them. I want to hear from people who have used them. Right now I'm in the same boat as the poster above, I'm holding off on a tig welder for now but if I hear enough good things about Everlast I'll own one by the end of the year. I originally wanted a TA 185 but the prices went up....so right now I'm waiting for either a Millermatic or powermig to pop up on Craigslist for a decent price. The only thing I own right now is a Spectrum 625 plasma and really want a powermig and once I find one for what i want to pay I'll start shopping for a tig again.
    Last edited by tibbs; 01-06-2011 at 12:15 AM.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Dont get your panties in a bunch. Before I welded pipe, I was a boat builder. I used Esab, L-tec, Linde, and Hobart. I also use a Thermal Dynamics machine on occasion. I have not made a post about Everlast or other brands in this thread. You might go back to see what I have posted about here.
    UA Local 598

  9. #34

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come across so harsh. I just find it a pain in the *** when people only want to bash things. The originator of this post must not have watched the entire video. Even Jody said it was no big deal and that the tech dept. person narrowed it down to 3 things. All 3 things are nothing that reflect an inferior product. Again sorry for coming across like a dick, not my intention.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,201

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by WHughes View Post
    I am certain that the Everlast isnt running circles around much.
    You're entitled to your opinion and prejudges. I cannot comment on any welder of Everlast other then the PowerArc 200 because I've never seen one much less run one. I own an run the PowerArc just about everyday, and in my opinion it as the smoothest arc I've seen for SMAW. It will run 6010 right there with any of my shorthoods, run 7018 with any one of my Red Face or Green light.
    But then again your not going to believe me because of my post count, and join date.

    2 inch sch 80 pipe 5-G, 3/32 inch 10P-plus.
    http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2122/6010root.jpg

    7018 open root vertical up.
    http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7586/backside3.jpg
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1372/frontside3.jpg

    Open root plate, 6010.
    http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9998/horvgroove.jpg
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by 3mta3u View Post
    Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come across so harsh. I just find it a pain in the *** when people only want to bash things. The originator of this post must not have watched the entire video. Even Jody said it was no big deal and that the tech dept. person narrowed it down to 3 things. All 3 things are nothing that reflect an inferior product. Again sorry for coming across like a dick, not my intention.
    When did I say it was a big deal. Infact I already argued with someone on how I watched the whole video and how I watch all his vids. Thats how I knew to post this within 5 minutes of everlast getting its own forum because I have watched it so much it was the first thing that jumped into my mind.

    Again I never said it was a big deal but to some people it obviously is. I left it here for people to make thier own judgements and to discuss. Thats what forums are for right? Open discussion?

    EDIT: I didnt leave it "here" I left it in General Welding Questions and someone moved it "here"

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by CEP View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion and prejudges. I cannot comment on any welder of Everlast other then the PowerArc 200 because I've never seen one much less run one. I own an run the PowerArc just about everyday, and in my opinion it as the smoothest arc I've seen for SMAW. It will run 6010 right there with any of my shorthoods, run 7018 with any one of my Red Face or Green light.
    But then again your not going to believe me because of my post count, and join date.

    2 inch sch 80 pipe 5-G, 3/32 inch 10P-plus.
    http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2122/6010root.jpg

    7018 open root vertical up.
    http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7586/backside3.jpg
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1372/frontside3.jpg

    Open root plate, 6010.
    http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9998/horvgroove.jpg
    Well, after those pics, I think you may not know the difference. It has nothing to do with join date or post count. I just thought it suspicious that so many Everlast defenders showed up at once. Yesterday I thought I would look at their welders and went to the website. Everything I saw was so cheap looking. The welders do look like a cheap product and do not say quality to me when I look at them. All the bells and whistles they add only confuse the very person they are marketing to (entry level). The foot pedal looks like a big clunky hunk of metal. Knobs left over from the eighties etc. My father in law has a Thermal Arc and I use it from time to time. It welds ok for what I need it to do but just by looking at it, I know it is cheaply made. If these companies intended for professionals to use their equipment, they would appeal to professionals. Instead, they add features for sport and sell them on the cheap to a guy who thinks he needs all those things to make a quality weld.
    UA Local 598

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,201

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by WHughes View Post
    Well, after those pics, I think you may not know the difference
    What do you mean by this, know the difference in what? Please elaborate.
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC (formerly Cape Breton)
    Posts
    515

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by WHughes View Post
    I am suspicious of some of the newer forum members who seem to not post much unless they are defending Everlast. Employees of Everlast maybe?
    You're reading my mind! Few people have anything good to say about the company or it's machines, so it's very suspicious when someone with few posts comes on here and starts raving about how great Neverlast is.
    Lincoln AC225 & MigPak 140, Lincoln Magnum SpoolGun, Miller Spectrum 375-X Plasma, Syncrowave 200 TIG, Millermatic 252 MIG, Miller Digital Elite, General 7x12" horiz/vert bandsaw, 3' box/pan brake, 20 ton press, milling machine, 12x28 lathe, etc.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by WHughes View Post
    Well, after those pics, I think you may not know the difference. It has nothing to do with join date or post count. I just thought it suspicious that so many Everlast defenders showed up at once. Yesterday I thought I would look at their welders and went to the website. Everything I saw was so cheap looking. The welders do look like a cheap product and do not say quality to me when I look at them. All the bells and whistles they add only confuse the very person they are marketing to (entry level). The foot pedal looks like a big clunky hunk of metal. Knobs left over from the eighties etc. My father in law has a Thermal Arc and I use it from time to time. It welds ok for what I need it to do but just by looking at it, I know it is cheaply made. If these companies intended for professionals to use their equipment, they would appeal to professionals. Instead, they add features for sport and sell them on the cheap to a guy who thinks he needs all those things to make a quality weld.
    You'd be in the minority thinking Thermal Arc is cheaply made, so its a good thing that you made this comment so it gives a person a baseline to judge the validity of your comments.

    I think your post is a case in point that people are making comments, trying to find things to pick at. Knobs from the 80's? Whats a knob from 2011 supposed to look like? The last I knew they were round and rotated left and right. The foot pedals are included in the purchase and people can and have chosen to upgrade to other brands and styles. We also have a new one we are releasing this year. The factor does not make the pedals and is made in another factory. In fact as I already pointed out several times in the past the foot pedal shape and size is similar as some of the not too long ago Millers. But again, what is an "expensive" foot pedal supposed to look like? The knobs are not much different in shape and design from what you would find a synchrowave or precision tig. You said everything looked cheaply made? Exterior materials are not any different than industry standards.

    Its your own folly to assume what our market is. IF you had looked very long, you would have seen a diversity of units, mig, tig, and stick units that have a range of features and functions, for different needs. We also have more simple and advanced machines for 2011 to expand the line. And if you research very long, we have professional customers all over the spectrum.

    Aquafire,
    Again, your comment is representative of your mindset. This site is full of people saying good things on their own volition. Yet people brand them as company employees (how many employees do we have that have time to do that?) or as spam and they are ignored or discounted by people like you with your mindset. Its either weekly or daily that our customers, new and old stop by. YET one negative comment, everybody rushes in to see the fender bender and rubber neck and exploits a simple situation. WHEN was the last time someone came and made a raving post about a Miller product or Lincoln? No, they come here when they are having an issue, saying they can't get their warranty honored or their product is blown up or otherwise having some malfunction. And people have no qualms when they do, or on the very rare occasion someone raves about the product.

    Just so people can see a couple of representative samples of what "cheaply made" looks like, I save them time and post them here:
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by lugweld; 01-07-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,201

    Re: Broken Everlast

    The foot pedal that I seen on the Everlast website looks just like the one that came with my Miller 330A/BP.



    The more I think about Mr. Hughes's comment, “Well, after those pics, I think you may not know the difference.” I'm coming to the conclusion he saying my welding isn't up to his standards, so I'm not qualified to comment on the quality of the PowerArc 200.
    Yet he seems to think he is qualified to comment on the quality of Everlast machines by only seeing them on the Internet, never seen one in person, so he's never ran one!
    Talk about pre-judging something!
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: Broken Everlast

    The Everlast reputation speaks for itself. And, yes CEP, I have not welded with one and can only speculate based on comments, my observations and my experience with a similar product (Thermal Arc). As for your welding photos, perhaps you should post some others? The 5p pipe pic was not clear and the 7018 open root pics look like 5p. The Everlast foot pedal looks a little like the old Miller pedal and Miller has not used that design in many years. Whether or not your welding is up to my standards is of no issue because I dont have an opinion on your welding. Im sure its fine.
    UA Local 598

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,201

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by WHughes View Post
    Im sure its fine.
    I sure hope so. Otherwise I fooled a lot of people for a lot of years! To the tune of 6-figures base salary, not including bonuses, and percentage of profits.
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,095

    Re: Broken Everlast

    .........................
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

    http://www.farmersamm.com/

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: Broken Everlast

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    WHEN was the last time someone came and made a raving post about a Miller product or Lincoln? No, they come here when they are having an issue, saying they can't get their warranty honored or their product is blown up or otherwise having some malfunction. And people have no qualms when they do, or on the very rare occasion someone raves about the product.
    I think that answers why everyone suspects Everlast as making fake posts. Exactly as you stated people mainly use manufacturer specific forums to get tech support not make seemingly bull**** posts about how good something is. That combined with most if not all the users having low post counts and no pictures to back anything up send up big red flags.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Broken Everlast

    I can understand your point, however:

    While we do have a growing network bonafide brick and mortar dealers now scattered throughout the US and other countries, we are by no means on every block. Our customers are typically very internet active, and is typically how they find us. It is also a way that they find to relax and talk when they have time. A lot of guys come to us looking for an alternative for whatever reason, and we offer that. Others are just curious and still others who can tell? But whatever the reason, the same reason that some guys seek out the internet to buy is the same reason they use it post. Some people use this site to insult people and belittle them instead of dealing with their personal insecurities, others use this site to learn, others to inform, others to brag, some for entertainment, some for consolation, some for complaining, some for laughing, and others just lurk about with no particular intent to post at all. No two people come to this site for exactly the same reasons. I cannot at all say 100% why our customers post up, other than what they have told me. I know a few post just to rub it in.

    IF you look at the posts, even before we began sponsoring again, with no censoring ability over the last year and half, it has been relatively trouble free. A post here or there have been very mild in nature. A foot pedal issue, a torch issue or just some operational issues. Yes, maybe even a larger problem, a failure perhaps (though I don't remember any outright ones)...The negativity isn't being perpetuated by our customers. Rather it is being perpetuated by a select few guys and a few new ones that can't deal with an offshore product under any circumstance, typically rooted in predjudice. The negativity is being perpetuated by NON customers. Doesn't anyone find that more CURIOUS than having people post regarding how much they like the product they own? Which is more believable? The few true customers. that do come here to complain usually are helped right away and things are resolved as quickly as possible. We aren't perfect. We screw up and the best we can do is fix it the best way we can. We are growing and going through typical growing pains of any company, expanding the market while trying to keep up with demand. I know that our existence doesn't depend upon this site. It helps in a small way, but is by no means where our meat and potato sales come from. We have little or no time to devise bogus names and IP addresses and the like and spend time going around the net making things up. We are growing and adding people but resources can't be spared or wasted on this type activity, and have to be used to keep track with sales and support. Our own failures that have been made public are a result of growing at a fast rate, and having a customer fall through a crack. We have added more in technical support and are actively seeking additional qualified people for other positions in the company. Our structure is changing, as well as our product. Even as I write, my email flashed up a new message requesting paperwork to become a dealer.
    Last edited by lugweld; 01-07-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Broken Everlast

    [QUOTE=WHughes;457055]The Everlast reputation speaks for itself. And, yes CEP, I have not welded with one and can only speculate based on comments, my observations and my experience with a similar product (Thermal Arc). As for your welding photos, perhaps you should post some others? The 5p pipe pic was not clear and the 7018 open root pics look like 5p. The Everlast foot pedal looks a little like the old Miller pedal and Miller has not used that design in many years. Whether or not your welding is up to my standards is of no issue because I dont have an opinion on your welding. Im sure its fine.[/QUO

    If they haven't used it in years, then why do they still list it as an current accessory in both their catalog and on their site, listing it for use with a current product? http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AY14-0.pdf
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    canada EH!
    Posts
    415

    Re: Broken Everlast

    [quote=lugweld;457271]
    Quote Originally Posted by WHughes View Post
    The Everlast reputation speaks for itself. And, yes CEP, I have not welded with one and can only speculate based on comments, my observations and my experience with a similar product (Thermal Arc). As for your welding photos, perhaps you should post some others? The 5p pipe pic was not clear and the 7018 open root pics look like 5p. The Everlast foot pedal looks a little like the old Miller pedal and Miller has not used that design in many years. Whether or not your welding is up to my standards is of no issue because I dont have an opinion on your welding. Im sure its fine.[/QUO

    If they haven't used it in years, then why do they still list it as an current accessory in both their catalog and on their site, listing it for use with a current product? http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AY14-0.pdf
    I would say that their still listed as a current accessory because there are still a lot of 30 year old machines out there and this is the pedal they use so they keep it available for their customers.
    EDIT: also you are right the dial arcs still use i guess if its not broken why fix it/change it.
    Last edited by trouble007; 01-08-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    _______________________
    OF COURSE I DON'T LOOK BUSY... I DID IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: Broken Everlast

    You are right, they do have one on the website. Also they have the newer versions which are included with the sale of a new welder. Im not one to bash so, good luck Everlast. Even Toyota was the newcomer at one time. Maybe with more physical dealer locations, your reputation will improve.
    UA Local 598

  25. #50

    Re: Broken Everlast

    That's it, I'm getting rid of my Sanyo plasma tv, the Mercedes is history, along with it's import stero system. No more mowing with the Honda rider, I will get a horse to replace my Kubota tractor, & I will no longer listen to my Kenwwod. I will boycott the Chinese resturant down the street, no more spicy Thai food, but,,,,,,,,, when my Pontiac, Studebaker, Oldsmobile, Desoto break down, I shall use my trusty american made Miller, Lincoln to put it back together, because they are better than that foreign made crap!!!!!!!!! BEWARE, the Russians are on the rise. Just think, next year we will all be bashing the Russian Smirnoff 200 MIG-TIG welder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement