Broken Everlast ? - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Broken Everlast ?

I just got my Everlast Power Tig 225LX yesterday. It works great. I will hold on to my Lincoln for a while as a just in case, but I plan on doing everything with my Everlast that I did with my Hobart Tigmate and my Lincoln PT185.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...s/IMG_5087.jpg
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...s/IMG_5088.jpg
    Lincoln Precisoin Tig 185
    1980's Miller plasma cutter.

Used to own...
    Hobart Tig Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabolicZ View Post
    I just got my Everlast Power Tig 225LX yesterday. It works great. I will hold on to my Lincoln for a while as a just in case, but I plan on doing everything with my Everlast that I did with my Hobart Tigmate and my Lincoln PT185.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...s/IMG_5087.jpg
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...s/IMG_5088.jpg

didnt it have some stripped out screws? A loose board? A fan that was not working well...When I buy something new I expect it to work like new...now if i buy used or refeb then I am ok with a few things here and there

Quote Originally Posted by dgarnier View Post
    didnt it have some stripped out screws? A loose board? A fan that was not working well...When I buy something new I expect it to work like new...now if i buy used or refeb then I am ok with a few things here and there

Wow, it in fact did have those things you mentioned, except for the loose board. Two stripped out screws and the fan needed to be adjusted. However, my comment was just on the performance of the welder.

Used to own...
    Hobart Tig Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabolicZ View Post
    Wow, it in fact did have those things you mentioned, except for the loose board. Two stripped out screws and the fan needed to be adjusted. However, my comment was just on the performance of the welder.

It appears that the two top screws that hold the front panel on are stripped out. They were loose allowing the control board to move in and out when I went to turn knobs. I tried to tighten them down, but they just spun, no getting tighter.

Sounds like a loose board to me...guess it really doesnt matter now that the shipment has been put off to 4/10 I bought a pt250 back on 2/22 and Oleg said it would be shipped in 3 weeks. Then I find out via the website the date had slipped to the end of March strike 1. Then I get an email last night that the date has now slipped to 4/10 strike 2...not going to wait around for strike 3 - time to start getting quotes on a miller 200dx

It appears that the two top screws that hold the front panel on are stripped out. They were loose allowing the control board to move in and out when I went to turn knobs. I tried to tighten them down, but they just spun, no getting tighter.

Sounds like a loose board to me...guess it really doesnt matter now that the shipment has been put off to 4/10 I bought a pt250 back on 2/22 and Oleg said it would be shipped in 3 weeks. Then I find out via the website the date had slipped to the end of March strike 1. Then I get an email last night that the date has now slipped to 4/10 strike 2...not going to wait around for strike 3 - time to start getting quotes on a miller 200dx
    Oh, I thought you meant like a loose circuit board inside the welder causing it to not work properly. The two loose screws required me to pull the old screws, grab two other screws from my shelf and put them in. Took about 1 minute. Granted as a new machine, I shouldn't have had to do this. I'm sure that Everlast would have fixed it had I asked them too, but I am not sending a machine back for warranty work when I can fix it myself is less than 5 minutes with some stuff I have laying around the shop. It would be the same thing if I got a Lincoln or a Miller in the same condition.

Oh well, can't say I blame you. If I was told one thing as far as when I would be getting my machine and then it got pushed back TWICE I would be a little upset too. I however, was told it would be here in 4 weeks max and got mine in 2. So, I am happy.
    Last edited by DiabolicZ; 03-24-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Used to own...
    Hobart Tig Mate.

dgarnier

Let me know what you like to do about your order if you already paid i will give you refund . Container finally on sea not much i can do when comes with deally on actual shipping

Going to call around Monday and see if I can work something out on the 200dx. If that deal works out I will give you call to cancel my order.