Need Some Help Upgrading A Everlast To A Water Cooled Torch
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Need Some Help Upgrading A Everlast To A Water Cooled Torch

Please don't shun me for mentioning the E word...

I scored the Everlast 200LX for really cheap and it has been a machine to learn on while I save my pennies for a 280DX.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39...c/Everlast.jpg

I am sick and tired of the 26 torch and its big bulky cable. It is time to go water cooled and I want something more comfortable. I think my welds can improve with a more user friendly torch. I am leaning towards CK with Super Flex and a #20 torch. I am open to other suggestions. The TIG torch number system is just FUBAR. Is there a guide on the sizes/numbers? I have searched and not found anything. Most of what I will be welding is some 1x1 .060 6061, some welding on .120. I am a bit confused on the connection. Obviously I have a non gas through Dinze 35 and as you can see my gas connection is just a flare.

Re: Need Some Help Upgrading A Everlast To A Water Cooled Torch

I would suggest you get a WP20 or equivalent torch. They can handle 200Amps water cooled and parts are easy to come by. Some version can handle more - like 250 Amps.

You need to pick a cable length. Recommend 25ft. It happens enough times you need one that long.

You can get them with different ends.

One big difference is you will be running water through the line (the Dinse connector that connects to your '-'). That is your outlet. The water helps cool the actual cable carrying power... On CK torches its red in color. The Blue is your water inlet (again CK), you can hook that up to a water hose. The Black is your gas line.

The best thing to do is buy a torch that comes with the correct ends already on them. It is possible to switch things around, but you could end up spending a nice bit of money on Dinse connectors. BTW, not familiar with Dinse 35.

Consider buying a cover for the cables. It makes things a bit bulkier, but a single bit of molten metal will melt right through the lines. You can buy replacement lines, but its just a PITA. I don't think leather covers are necessary, just a melt resistant vinyl will do. Most torch companies sell them as accessories.

As for brand, some have more flexible lines than others. Some charge different amounts for more flexible lines.

Water cooled torches are significantly smaller, but the lines and hoses are significantly bulkier.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Miller Multimatic 200
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Maxstar 200DX

Just give HTP a call and send them that same pic. At worst, you might have to switch out the NEG terminal to accept a Dinse-50 plug, and the gas outlet. Usually they just unscrew from the backside (inside the machine front panel). Then it's all gravy from there to adapt a CK-20 watercooled torch. The water fittings are industry standard 5/8" LH. They can sell you a matching male-female set for the gas---one for the hose, the other on the machine front panel. And of course don't forget to pick up a water-cooler.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Or give us a call and we can save you the hassle. We have the water cooler, fittings and even sell CK. fwiw, dinse 35 and dinse 50 are essentially the same thing as far as the connection goes.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Lugweld, Do you have a website or phone number?

i highly recomend the ck20 with flex neck. i wouldnt bother with pulling off the front panel to mess with the gas fitting. just get the proper gas fitting for the hose side.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

everlastwelders.com or you can reach me at 877 755 9353 ext 204.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT