2016 PowerPro 256Si AC/DC Pulse TIG/Stick/Plasma Multi-Process Welder/Cutter
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

2016 PowerPro 256Si AC/DC Pulse TIG/Stick/Plasma Multi-Process Welder/Cutter

The PowerPro 256Si not only represents the most powerful, but also the latest development in the Everlast TIG/Stick/Plasma line. This year's model now features digital control which has the overall goal of improving reliability while simultaneously reducing maintenance needs. This new digital control offers a simplified plug and play internal design, reducing complex circuitry and wiring. However, you'll notice that externally there are only a few differences, which was important for us since many of our customers appreciate having a simple, easy to use an analog interface. Most specs and features remain unchanged from previous models as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Re: 2016 PowerPro 256Si AC/DC Pulse TIG/Stick/Plasma Multi-Process Welder/Cutter

Unit on order! This will be my intro to TIG machine, Pretty impressed with all the features in this machine for the price. I will start a thread when it arrives to commend or complain about it.
    Miller DVI
    Lorch M6060
    Regular old Oxy/Acetylene set
    Shoptask 1720 mill/lathe converted to CNC and MACH 3
    Everlast PowerPro 256si

Re: 2016 PowerPro 256Si AC/DC Pulse TIG/Stick/Plasma Multi-Process Welder/Cutter

Any chance I can get a .PDF manual for this. I imagine it's very similar to the 256s but I would rather be sure then assume.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Miller DVI
    Lorch M6060
    Everlast PowerPro 256si

Send me an email to performance@everlastwelders.com and I'll send you a copy as soon as I get a chance later this weekend.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Just FYI, the 205si manual is already posted. (I know its not the 256)

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product-manuals

Fourth one down. Wouldn't let me direct link it.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    Just FYI, the 205si manual is already posted. (I know its not the 256)

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product-manuals

Fourth one down. Wouldn't let me direct link it.
    It does seem that way! but its just a tease, or my browser sucks. If I click that it says its not found (dead link) But thanks for the lookout.
    Miller DVI
    Lorch M6060
    Everlast PowerPro 256si

Somebody pulled it. I had the 2015 205si PDF alongside the 205s/256s PDF where the specs are all listed in the columns. I was curious if anything changed. The differences I remember were- Analog vs Digital IGBT, a change in duty cycle of the plasma (maybe a typo), and a little bit lighter weight of the si unit. Other than that, I don't remember any differences. I thought some stuff there were typos, but most of the PDF was just a reprint of the 205s/256s manual.

I have a 256s, and was looking for info on a 256si as a gift for my brother, hence I have been hitting their website looking for the manual when it gets put up.. I had requested a price from Everlast and Oleg emailed me back requesting I call him, but I hate phones so I haven't gotten back to him yet.

Yeah that is what I assume. And with the new controller system I wouldn't be surprised if they did some idiot proofing like disabling the pulse function while in plasma mode and other things like that where you had to be careful about setup before.
    How is the 256s? I have been looking at these machines for awhile doing forum research and trying to decide if it would be a good idea or not. It seems to have everything I want for doing home hobby fabricating and automotive modification/repair but this statement in the manual gave me concern. "The welder is designed for regu-lar use, but not necessarily for fabrication or production duties."

Not like its going to get daily production use but I do plan some fairly ambitious projects with this machine. Probably just a blanket CYA statement that they put in there.

I had requested a price from Everlast and Oleg emailed me back requesting I call him, but I hate phones so I haven't gotten back to him yet.
    I got the same response and once I called I couldn't stop myself from ordering. no self control.
    Miller DVI
    Lorch M6060
    Everlast PowerPro 256si

Quote Originally Posted by Dwduc View Post
    I got the same response and once I called I couldn't stop myself from ordering. no self control.
    Self control man, self control.....................................

As far as the PP256s, it has been flawless three months in. It certainly is not the limiting factor as to my weld quality/aesthetics. Everything works very well on it. The plasma is top notch. Once you get smaller tips for thin stuff you can darn near approach a laser cutter as far as cut quality. BTW, Ebay has OEM Mach-Tech/Tec-mo extended drag tips/electrodes for the torch. Plasma consumables for the P-60/P-40 have gotten more common finally. Overall no regrets. I bought it mainly for TIGing thin stuff, and the cutting ability, both which work great. Suggest investing in a #9 torch.

Thanks mark for getting that manual to me.
    Anybody else looking at this might be interested to know that it will come with a #26 air cooled torch instead of the #18 water cooled that came on the 256s. I will post up other differences after I have time to sit down and read through it.
    Miller DVI
    Lorch M6060
    Everlast PowerPro 256si

Actually it will come with the 18. We can alter that to a 26 if needed. There really isn't any reason to get a 256si if you don't need to weld at 250 amps. The 205 will do the trick if you can't afford the water cooler, or don't want to get a water cooler. I keep a couple of copies of the manual, in different files (cloud vs. computer copy) and may have sent you one that hadn't had that changed yet...anyway there are relatively few things that probably weren't changed in that manual but I will go back over the copies of it and reproof them today. The final revision will be uploaded to the website today, along with the 164si if everything goes as planned. I noticed the 205si manual seems to have mysteriously disappeared and guess I will have to reload that one too.
    Last edited by lugweld; 12-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

OK good to know. I did get the W300 along with it. I will hold my tongue for now until the unit arrives on Thursday. I'm sure you guys have your hands full getting everything together with the new product lines.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Miller DVI
    Lorch M6060
    Everlast PowerPro 256si

newb here just bought very slightly used 256si but it has analog knobs controlling digital readouts, a bit different than the latest model. i am a firearm manufacturer and just give up getting work done so i got this unit at a good discount and thought i would give it a try. one thing i did like about looking at the 255 was the dummie modes you could set to get started. anyone have suggestions on beginner settings to tig solid stock to 1mm steel? thanks for any input! mark

There is only one PowerPro 256Si model. Do you have a 256S or standard 256?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    There is only one PowerPro 256Si model. Do you have a 256S or standard 256?

it is a "256 SI" not a 256 and not a 256s or maybe i am miss understanding completely.

http://www.everlastwelds.fi/english/...rPro256Si.html

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/bl...56si-and-205si
    Last edited by sheepdogconcept; 08-21-2016 at 09:02 PM.

newb here just bought very slightly used 256si but it has analog knobs controlling digital readouts, a bit different than the latest model.

You said a "bit different than the latest model". All 256Si's are the same and are the latest models of that unit number.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Few days back I got a 206Pi and was very impressed with the quality. Then I figured I might want AC TIG for aluminium in the future. Took it to Everlast store at South SF yesterday to upgrade to the 205Si but I was told about a 3 week wait. Lost my self control when they gave a good price on a 256Si and brought it home. Didn't think about the water cooled torch part while I was there, so ordered a 26 series air cooled torch. It will serve most of my needs (200amp dc and 160amp ac). If I ever decide to weld aluminium at 200+ amps then I will get a water cooler.

I bought more machine that I need but super happy with all the controls. The iPT60 plasma torch is great with its trigger safety mechanism. On the 206Pi I accidentally pulled trigger and the flame burnt a sq inch of skin of left hand within a fraction of second. A good wake up call to not mess with torches while machine is on.

Quote Originally Posted by therider View Post
    Few days back I got a 206Pi and was very impressed with the quality. Then I figured I might want AC TIG for aluminium in the future. Took it to Everlast store at South SF yesterday to upgrade to the 205Si but I was told about a 3 week wait. Lost my self control when they gave a good price on a 256Si and brought it home. Didn't think about the water cooled torch part while I was there, so ordered a 26 series air cooled torch. It will serve most of my needs (200amp dc and 160amp ac). If I ever decide to weld aluminium at 200+ amps then I will get a water cooler.

I bought more machine that I need but super happy with all the controls. The iPT60 plasma torch is great with its trigger safety mechanism. On the 206Pi I accidentally pulled trigger and the flame burnt a sq inch of skin of left hand within a fraction of second. A good wake up call to not mess with torches while machine is on.
    My first experience with the S45 torch was Pre-Everlast, about 10- 12 years ago. I was tired, hot, with sweat dripping in my eyes and had been cutting with my Italian built plasma cutter. I dropped something and absentmindedly slipped the head of the torch in my back pocket. When I bent over, the torch triggered and blew the back of my pocket out. Thankfully it didn't roll the other way when I bent over.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

So far very happy with the PP256si machine. The air cooled 26 series torch I got is awesome but also a bit heavy. Any tips on how to hold heavy torches to reduce hand fatigue?

Also, where to get a Y-connector to quickly switch between air and argon?

Reverse grip like a drummer. You don't fight the torch.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Western fittings has the Y fitting.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Thanks lugweld.

Quote Originally Posted by therider View Post

Post pictures please of the new rig, when you get the chance. How exciting!
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Way too many power tools
    AWS Member

Built my own welding cart for the Everlast and my existing Lincoln 180 MIG. It is working out very well.

Name:  IMG_20180907_101841.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  219.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20180907_095155.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  440.8 KB

Home built carts are the best imho.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT