2016 PowerMTS 251Si Multi-Process 3 in 1 DC 250 Amp Pulse MIG/Pulse TIG/ Stick Welder - Page 5
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: 2016 PowerMTS 251Si Multi-Process 3 in 1 DC 250 Amp Pulse MIG/Pulse TIG/ Stick We

Quote Originally Posted by danny243 View Post
    I'm going to be purchasing one of these units later this summer, I will be running .030 fluxcore wire since I will only have one tank of 100% Ar and I intend to learn tig. I want to know what tungsten and filler rod diameters I should buy. I mostly work with 14ga and 1/8 mild steel.
    You can buy any type of tungsten you want except pure and zirconiated. Diameter could be 1/16 or 3/32. I'd buy both. Filler rod diameters as well...on filler you could go to 1/8" as well. I have both/all.
    You can't pigeon hole TIG into an exact "need" as each situation will require your descretion and skill to dictate what you can or should use.

Be sure to order a consumable kit from us or buy some locally for the torch. Don't count on the starter kit to get you very far.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Re: 2016 PowerMTS 251Si Multi-Process 3 in 1 DC 250 Amp Pulse MIG/Pulse TIG/ Stick We

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    I will give them a call in a few days, after I have a chance to test the MIG. My first hurdle is that there is no way to mount 4" rolls. I have something setup temporarily, but want to fabricate something.
    I fabricated one, using pipe to fit over the existing spool spindle with an arm that comes off the pipe with a section of 5/8 solid round with threaded end which holds the four inch spools.
    I’m currently out of town, when I return home I’ll post a photo for you.