PowerMTS 251Si or miller 215?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

PowerMTS 251Si or miller 215?

In the market for a new welder and I thought I was going to get the miller but the heavily feature loaded 251 has peaked my interest. I know they haven't really been out that long but I wanted to hear from people who have this machine or other Everlast units who have put some spools of wire through them.
    I guess I want too know what you would buy if you were in my posistion.

Most of my welding will be 1/8 too 3/8 mild steel with mig, a few tig steel projects and a couple AL projects so I will get the spool gun.

Also what size spool wire goes in the 251si?

Thanks!

Re: PowerMTS 251Si or miller 215?

You will never go wrong by buying the Miller.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

The Miller looks like a very nice unit. To get the same accessories as the 251Si, you'd have to add $385. I don't believe it has HF start or a solenoid for tig, but it is a Miller.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

My only worry about the everlast is that it won't last. The pulse function is super attractive, you can't get a pulse mig welder in blue or red with $4k let alone an inverter unit with those functions for any cost.
    I have had a miller 210 in the family for over 10 years and it's had at least 10 heavy spools run through it without any issues. I know the miller will last but no HF start and no pulse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

10 spools is really not that much use. I've had an older Power i-MIG 160 from 2009 that I ran countless numbers of rolls through, then sold it and it has run many more than I ran as it has been used nearly every day, all day for the last 2.5 years.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Well,

Sure, the new Miller 215 is undoubtedly good one, which sees to be an update to the somewhat new inverter 211, by adding rudimentary DC TIG ability.

But the Everlast has more heat, has the MIG pulse feature, has a longer warrantee, has the more convenient TIG features, has a far better duty-cycle, and is priced about the same.

Go figure!

But if you do get the 251Si, please do let us all hear back how you like it.

I mean, Everest has a 100% satisfaction guarantee for the first 30 days, so you really don't have anything to lose if you put the unit through its paces during that time.

And, I'm guessing that you'll dig the 251Si, much like I'm digging my 210EXT, which I've had for about a year and a half, I think.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 09-12-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    10 spools is really not that much use. I've had an older Power i-MIG 160 from 2009 that I ran countless numbers of rolls through, then sold it and it has run many more than I ran as it has been used nearly every day, all day for the last 2.5 years.
    10 lb spools aren't but 44 lb spools are quite a bit for our uses, just saw the 251 takes a max of 10 lbs of wire

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

No, The new 251Si is 12" capacity.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    No, The new 251Si is 12" capacity.
    Nice too know since the website says 8" (12 lb)
    They also just went on sale so it's time for a phone call!

Ordered that up, there are only a couple of videos on YouTube about these machines and those guys are dealers or have their channel sponsored by everlast. Totally going to put this on here and youtube.
    Time to get some gas, wire and materials.

Wheeee.........

New welders are exciting!

Well, not inherently, but I certainly allow myself to think about it in an exciting way!

Quote Originally Posted by -Kevin View Post
    Ordered that up, there are only a couple of videos on YouTube about these machines and those guys are dealers or have their channel sponsored by everlast. Totally going to put this on here and youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kevin View Post

I own a PowerMTS 251si...I've had it for about 10 months. I actually ordered a MTS 250s because the 251si wasn't available yet but the 251si is what showed up at my door.

I'm a weekend warrior mostly working on fabricating parts for vehicle projects. I almost exclusively use the DC Tig but have used the MIG gun occasionally.

I took a gamble on it since it's an overseas product and was also a new model, but it's been good to me so far. I've run two 80cfh tanks of Argon through it along with half a tank of C25.

I'll be sure to post if I run into any issues with it but I'm not sure how much I'll use it from this point though since I just received a PowerTig 325EXT along with a water cooler. The 251si will probably be a backup welder or for anytime I need to MIG something (very infrequently).

How is the 251si working out so far?