2016 Power i-MIG 275P 275 Amp Single Pulse MIG/Stick Welder with Push/Pull Capability
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

2016 Power i-MIG 275P 275 Amp Single Pulse MIG/Stick Welder with Push/Pull Capability

The compact, yet powerful Power i-MIG 275P has been developed as a true industrial MIG welder with full stick capabilities. It features not only synergic operation, but also a single pulse feature for advanced spray MIG operation when out of position spray is required. The unit features the capability to store up to 9 different customer-selected programs. As compact and portable as it is, the unit still has a 12" spool capacity, which is good for up to 44lbs of wire. To drive and properly feed these large rolls, the unit features a heavy-duty 4 roll feeder, with all 4 rolls, top and bottom being driven together. The unit also features advanced pre and post flow settings for optimum shielding to produce the highest quality welds a MIG welder can deliver.

Something that the Power i-MIG 275P offers that no other MIG in this class and price point offers is push-pull capability for feeding aluminum wire. Everlast is also offering a well priced push-pull gun to be directly coupled to the unit. The pistol grip style of the gun offers secure feeding and positioning of the gun for all position welding of aluminum.

A 2 fan design keeps the welder cool and delivers a 50% duty cycle at 275 amps. Advanced stick features and the capablity to weld 6010 along with any other welding rod rounds out the unit to make it the most advanced, powerful, portable and well priced MIG on the market.

They standard type gun that comes with this unit is the heavy-duty 36 series, Binzel-style gun.

If you are comparing, consider the fact that this unit is intuitive to operate, with no hidden or complex menus to deal with.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by lugweld; 11-21-2015 at 05:11 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Re: 2016 Power i-MIG 275P 275 Amp Single Pulse MIG/Stick Welder with Push/Pull Capabi

That's a good looking machine with lots of features, but I noticed under wire type for aluminum it looks like 4053/5356. Is that a misprint? 275 amps must be great to have.

Re: 2016 Power i-MIG 275P 275 Amp Single Pulse MIG/Stick Welder with Push/Pull Capabi

Yes. It's an advance (early) test model. Just an error when sent to print.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Still looks like a great machine. Real heavy duty.

When is this welder available for purchase, any idea on the price with the push/pull gun?

I don't have an arrival date. Push pull gun will be better priced than name brand equivalents, but we have not settled on a final price yet.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Do you have the detailed specs for the new 275p welder? I am trying to decide between the 2016 power i-mig 275p and the 2016 PowerMTS 251Si. It looks like the 251Si will be out in a week's time, any word yet on the 275p? Both are likely to be similarly priced, it would seem like the 251Si might be the better deal, although I would be using the Mig function 80% of the time on either. Will the push pull gun work on either of them?

Lugweld,

Do the SM200N spool guns work with the 275s?

Thank you for your time!

Yes, but you have to order the MTS version, IIRC.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

I actually have an Alpha demo unit here. Which means its an earlier version than what Mark has posted. Actually, you will notice there are 2 completely different interfaces on the picture he posted.
    The one I have has a different interface panel and originally had a 2 roll feeder. I suggested a 4 roll feeder and I swapped it out to a 4 roll feeder when I was at Everlast's facility in SF. this also increased the drive motor from a 3 to a 5 amp drive... I finally found a chance to run it and I will comment only on the general welding performance in MIG, SPOOLGUN AND STICK. As the synergistic interface on this Alpha test unit was not programmed correctly so I was not able to test it.

First, Insaneride came over and we ran the spoolgun with 030 wire. With 030 we were just about maxed out on the wire speed which is 600ipm. might be higher on the later prototypes. anyway, we got it dialed in and did some very nice beads on some 1/4 thick aluminum channel. and on 1/8 aluminum it was very smooth arch and nice bead at 19.5 volts and 280 or 380ipm(forgot which one). It was actually much smoother than my 30A with 035 wire running off my Miller 350P. I think it will be a very nice aluminum machine. I didn't discover the burnback setting until after I melted the wire into the tip.
    For MIG it also ran very well. I tried it on 90/10 argon/CO2 in both spray and short circuit transfer. There is induction control which is a nice feature if you are running different gas mixes. worked well with a smooth arc on both. but I just had a 10' 200 amp gun and I caught something on fire in the tip nozzle with about 30 seconds of spray transfer. maybe the insulation ring or coating on the nozzle. Not a fault of the gun. Spray transfer puts out an extreme amount of heat and should be done with either a 300-400 amp or larger gun or a liquid cooled gun. If you have never done spray transfer. just be warned, pick up a Bernard 400+ amp gun off eBay or set up a water cooled unit. I connected my 300 amp Bernard with Centerfire consumables to the machine and continued to successfully do a few passes of spray transfer. So again the machine itself can handle this without a problem..... Also, my Bernard is a 15ft gun. the 4 roll feeder had no problem pushing the wire through the longer gun (vs 10-foot Binzel) even with a tight 180 degree U-turn placed into the gun cable.
    I did not get one of the push-pull guns for it but the addition of the 4 roll/4 geared feeder means you can use a very light pressure with aluminum as the rear drive is basically handling the pulling of the spool into the front 2 rollers are feeding the wire into the gun and obviously the gun itself will be doing some pulling of the wire. 4 roll feeder also straightens the wire for better feeding instead of feeding a curved wire through the machine.

Stick mode worked very well and has adjustments for hot start time and current as well as an arc force and dedicated 6010 port. I had no issues running 6010 in 3/32 or 1/8 and for (whiny tom) I was able to long arc out to at least 3/8" and maintain the arc in addition to being able to bury the rod without the arc going out. 7018 run equally well. the stick mode was easily as good, if not better than the Everlast 210ext. which does stick very nicely also.

I am a big fan of the Euro connector because it is basically universal as the trigger contactor does not require a separate connector and the connection is the same no matter what brand machine. This is why I was able to connect my ESAB300AVS torch directly to the Everlast machine.

I think this is going to make a very nice MIG/Aluminum MIG/Stick machine.
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 04-16-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

For some reason, I guess the one picture is a picture of the 251Si, the other is the 275. These are not early/later versions of the same model. Just different models...I guess I goofed when posting and pulled the wrong one. Externaly, besides the front panel they are identical. However, The early version of the 251si came with only the capability of a 10 lb spool. I had originally ordered the unit to be produced with a larger case and a four roll drive, but it was not ready yet when the First version of the 251si went to market...and the smaller one was used. The four roll drive was part of the original plan as well as a larger case. It is now in the unit along with a larger case for the 251Si. The 275 models were also ordered this way from the start and have been produced this way from the beginning since the timing coincided with the full release of both 275MIGS and it was imperative to have them large roll capable. The MTS 251Si, i-MIG 275P and i-MIG 275S all have the four roll drive and large 12" roll (44lb) capacity. The new 205 also has this (soon to be released as the 210 with 210 amps and 50% duty cycle... and 44lb roll capacity.)

The gun with these 275's are 36 series Binzel/Trafimet design, which are up to 340 amps capable...more than enough for spray.
    Last edited by lugweld; 04-17-2016 at 01:26 AM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT