first post..
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: first post..

first post..

It's always good to be first..

Got the feeder from Steve.. Nice shape/ good deal too.. (How is that for start?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    2-Thermal 60i- 3phase (Beast)
    Thermal 38XL
    Klutch P-300i/ 120 volt

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

Re: first post..

Hell yeah! Everything else you got is pretty damn nice too Scott

I have a thread I'm going to post on an ongoing upgrade to my air delivery service I just finished, but we're going to breakfast and it's gonna take awhile to copy paste everything and add the pix so it'll just have to wait!

A fitting start tho

Re: first post..

It's funny I am posting a Miller unit.. But I do say it's sure does have a lot of Esab in it.. (Esab Super switch= Miller Chopper in arc quality) You know Miller, and Lincoln (others too) have rooms full of other peoples equipment. Pretty sure Miller has a few 450-260 Esabs in the back room somewhere. Glad they did not copy the Lincoln.. I kind of got clued in when I saw the local Miller rep buying a bunch of Esab Plasma's, just to send off to Miller for a look.. Another Airgas Guy I sort of know, went for a tour at a Lincoln factory.. Opened the wrong door, and it was chocked full of all sorts of Miller/etc machines..

I wish Lincoln/Hypertherm/Esab/Miller would post their secret shops in this thread..

PS-sold off my Plasma, so now looking to replace it.. Going to wait just a bit, to see if anyone releases a new machine. (Maybe) Although there are mature designs that will work just fine.. Thinning the herd a bit, and probably will just end up with the Shopmate for my only mig machine.. Makes sense, because I can always borrow a small portable mig, if I need one.. Otherwise the Shopmate sits, and the Tweco gets used.The Shopmate supports CV mig from my LN-25 pro, something You cannot do with the 211i.. Does not allow the contactor to be jumped like the Miller.. Plus the blue one will run .045 dual-shield wire way better. both weld excellent though, and very similar.
    Last edited by Brand X; 02-27-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    2-Thermal 60i- 3phase (Beast)
    Thermal 38XL
    Klutch P-300i/ 120 volt

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!