Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Everlast Repairs/Customer Service

That's almost a year. Holy cow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goodolboy09 View Post
    That's almost a year. Holy cow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Yeah tell me about it. Never again! I’ll take my welders to Portland if I have to!
    http://centralwelding.com/Seattle-Precision-Repair.html
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

Carl

Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    I would question the 140 dollars shipping as there are cheaper ways to ship. I hope you didn't over pay.
    Shipping via USPS Ground, Northern Virginia to Idaho with $1500 insurance... yep, $140
    I'm definitely going to look for a 3rd party repair shop in my area next time regardless of warranty, unless of course parts for these machines are produced just in time for repairs as well.

Geez
    I must have spoiled some of you guys when I had machines repaired and shipped back within 48 hours...

I'd be pissed if mine was gone for a month or longer. Always have a back up welder. Even if it's a cheap one it can help you along.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

It all depends upon what is wrong with a welder, how much subsequent retesting is involved, if any related parts failure occured that must be discovered etc.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

I messaged you lugweld about a quote and never heard back.

When?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Just checked and you weren't in my pm's.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

About 3-4 days ago

Just sent again

Lugweld will take care of you, if he hasn't already. BTW, a year or two ago I had a Hobart motherboard problem on my Trek 180 and Hobart took care of me for free---good on them, but it took a couple of months.
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    MMA IGBT 160-A Stick Welder (dual voltage)
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Way too many power tools

Thought I'd add my repair experience.

I've got a 2012 PowerPro 256 and hifreq stopped working. I sent an email for support on the weekend and didn't expect to get a response until Monday. Ray responded within an hour and we had a number of communications as we troubleshot the issue. He believed it to be a bad HF board. They ordered me a new board. I received a tracking number that it was shipping from China on a Thurs. Great I thought...it's going to be weeks. Well, I couldn't believe it when it showed up the following Monday. This was like next day from China!! Amazing!! I installed the new board (much improved by the way...vs old points setup), and everything works great again. Since the unit was still under warranty (5 year), there was no cost to me. I did have to install myself, but I kind of enjoyed that.

Very impressed with Everlast customer support!

Quote Originally Posted by Smason View Post
    I've had very good customer service with Everlast. Lugweld does a great job.
    My conversation with Lugweld is what made my decision to purchase Everlast 255EXT. I'm an EE and I liked the idea that they are willing to support user swapped out module repairs....saving transportation cost and down time.

BTW, he called me late his time to discuss my welding needs and concerns. Provided his cell phone so I can reach him evenings and weekends. I don't know about you, but that is the essence of customer service!

1 month is not unusual for many brands. I know I hear all the time the same story from customers about other equipment that they have had, 4, 5, 6 or even 8 weeks or more.
    Just a heads up for those who sent machines in during Jan/Feb. There is an even longer backlog now due to a large number of machines getting sent during those months. I'm about 3 months in now and am still waiting with no set ETA. I'm currently looking to pick up another machine locally to cover my backlog of work. I'm not pissed yet because as Lugweld stated, these things happen. Just thought I'd share my current experience and let others know about the current backlog.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattimus View Post
    Just a heads up for those who sent machines in during Jan/Feb. There is an even longer backlog now due to a large number of machines getting sent during those months. I'm about 3 months in now and am still waiting with no set ETA. I'm currently looking to pick up another machine locally to cover my backlog of work. I'm not pissed yet because as Lugweld stated, these things happen. Just thought I'd share my current experience and let others know about the current backlog.

Thanks.
    What model did you have? I thought they were moving to sending customers the parts to replace the modules themselves?
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

Mattimus, send me an email to peformance@everlastwelders.com and I'll see if I can get some info for you.

Gamble, not everything is related to a module failure...in fact not most as issues are more random these days, and not everything can be pinpointed, though they are improved in pinpoint-ability. But not everything has modules in them either. Customer did not address which unit it was or issue with it so it is hard to speculate.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    What model did you have? I thought they were moving to sending customers the parts to replace the modules themselves?
    It was a Power MTS200. Pretty sure it was a capacitor that blew. This was back in January, so not sure if its changed since then. Ray just asked that I send it in. I will say though, Becky over there has been very good about getting back to me quickly with updates and a rough ETA. After the last ETA passed, I just stopped asking though. I will wait for them to contact me.

Mattimus, send me an email to peformance@everlastwelders.com and I'll see if I can get some info for you.

Gamble, not everything is related to a module failure...in fact not most as issues are more random these days, and not everything can be pinpointed, though they are improved in pinpoint-ability. But not everything has modules in them either. Customer did not address which unit it was or issue with it so it is hard to speculate.
    ah ok. just making sure as i see green in my future..
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    ah ok. just making sure as i see green in my future..
    What your getting a real paying job
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    What your getting a real paying job
    lol nope i'm happy where I am at. But miller welders don't impress me. Lincoln has nothing and based on the **** they are pulling with torchmate I don't want to give them any of my money. I also don't support mr tig. And longevity has a 250 but it's overpriced for my budget. Esab can suck a fat one. They have been doing downhill pretty quick. So that leaves me with..umm.. ya everlast
    Unless someone else comes out with something fresh pretty soon but i'm in no rush. i can wait. My ahp is still kicking ***
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180

Capstone, your unit should have gone out to you. Matthew, I am pursuing the info and you should hear something shortly.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Capstone, your unit should have gone out to you. Matthew, I am pursuing the info and you should hear something shortly.
    Way to go there lugweld, its good to see someone trying to do things right

...Matthew, I am pursuing the info and you should hear something shortly.
    Lugweld, man, I owe you some beers. You went above and beyond to help me even though that was not why I posted up here. I received a voicemail Friday afternoon from a gentleman who profusely apologized for the delay and said my machine should go out no later than tomorrow morning. Even threw in a few other things to make sure I was satisfied with the service. I have never had a company go out of their way to help me like this and I am more than grateful for this community and its members. You kept me from shelling out a grand on another machine this weekend and for that I salute you sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattimus View Post
    Lugweld, man, I owe you some beers. You went above and beyond to help me even though that was not why I posted up here. I received a voicemail Friday afternoon from a gentleman who profusely apologized for the delay and said my machine should go out no later than tomorrow morning. Even threw in a few other things to make sure I was satisfied with the service. I have never had a company go out of their way to help me like this and I am more than grateful for this community and its members. You kept me from shelling out a grand on another machine this weekend and for that I salute you sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman.
    Lets not get carryed away here, you don't have it back yet. But thing are looking up.

Just to follow up, I got my machine back on Monday, but it was damaged during shipping. Something hit the box directly over the exhaust fan cover, pushing it in and breaking the fan. I didn't realize this until I turned the machine on for the first time and heard it trying to move where it was. But the good news is that it turned on! I reached out to tech support at Everlast yesterday morning, received a quick response from Beth and had a tracking number for a replacement fan before the end of the day. I appreciate their prompt response to resolving the issue. Everyone should feel confident with their green machine purchases in terms of the support.

Hard to see in the attachment photo, but that's the fan jammed in there sideways. Should be right behind the grate.
    Attached Images Attached Images