Razorweld plasma cutter - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Razorweld plasma cutter

I will let you know more on the Razorweld 45 as soon as it gets here. I am hopping it works better then both these units, we shall see.

The Klutch 375 is a good unit will cut 3/8" clean but pushing it at 1/2" and as far as I know still is using the real Trafimet S45 torch. This unit is sold under a lot of names like Steele, Buffalo, Joe's Hardware, etc.

The Harbor Freight 62204 also works well and will cut 3/8" clean and 1/2" slow but good, 5/8" sever. It uses the PT-40 torch. I changed the one I have over to a Trafimet S45 torch and it works a lot better then the PT-40 torch.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

I'm curious what the inside of one of those Jasic/Razorweld units looks like. Anyone seen pics?
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

The manual and spec sheet on the Razorweld web site have great shots of the internals.....looks to be built better than most of the low cost imports.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Thanks Jim. I'll check it out.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

I grabbed a few pics from the Razorweld manual:

Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Seen this design and some parts of it before on a few plasma cutters.

The boards have a mix of old and new, surface mount as well as through hole components.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoecruiser View Post
    They did a nice job on the printed circuit card; multilayer design, solder mask over bare copper, surface-mount parts clustered to reduce travel time for component pick-and-place, through-hole parts on reverse side. Also a minimum of wiring interconnects and a mass-terminated ribbon cable for front panel connection. Have no idea as to the electrical design but they didn't do the hack job seen in some of the imported TIG welders. A respectable example of manufacturing engineering. I'm interested in seeing how well it works and if it holds up over time. Also if the circuit card is conformal-coated....can't tell from the pictures.

In the third picture in the upper left corner, there is a black and a red wire with ring terminals on the ends. Are they left floating or is that an optical illusion?
    Looks like they removed some components and cut the air line to take pictures. Seems the transformer is missing. That's where those terminals poetically connect
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Looks like they removed some components and cut the air line to take pictures. Seems the transformer is missing. That's where those terminals poetically connect
    Yeah they apparently removed the regulator and center portion of the frame in order to show what's behind it.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Mechanic416 ordered one and said he'd try to compare it to other models in the price range. I just ordered one too, but they were out of stock so I'll have to wait a while for it to arrive.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

The price started going up now.. from 609 to 633. Also the other retailers in Amazon are also out of stock and giving a date of availability to the end of April, so my guess Amazon will also have it available for shipping about that time. It may get too late to order at this price for those interested. Once they are in stock it will go over 700.

I would suggest waiting for reviews of this unit....instead of ordering it based on the low price. Look carefully at the specifications regarding duty cycle, output load voltage, and how they compare to similar powered major brand units (Cutmaster 42, Powermax30XP, Powermax45). There are no cut charts in the operators manual, there is no external cnc interface connection, there is not a shielded torch. Buying just based on low price (in many cases) rarely gets the best value! (value is the combination of performance, reliability and cost (purchase and operating).

When the Yugo (car) hit the market years ago.....thousands ran out and bought them based on price.....check out the history of that one!

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by QCTechInsp View Post
    The price started going up now.. from 609 to 633. Also the other retailers in Amazon are also out of stock and giving a date of availability to the end of April, so my guess Amazon will also have it available for shipping about that time. It may get too late to order at this price for those interested. Once they are in stock it will go over 700.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    When the Yugo (car) hit the market years ago.....thousands ran out and bought them based on price.....check out the history of that one!

Jim Colt
    Fair enough... Although Jasic / Unimig have been around awhile, and the Razorweld is the same product. Plus, someone has to buy them in order for them to be reviewed.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Mechanic posted a few days ago that he has one on order.....he is a great source for the review, that Is what I was alluding to.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by KMA View Post
    Fair enough... Although Jasic / Unimig have been around awhile, and the Razorweld is the same product. Plus, someone has to buy them in order for them to be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoecruiser View Post
    Putting a few through a suite of ESS/HALT tests similar to the Hypertherm profiles would be very telling as to their design philosophy.
    Did you happen to work in the mil/aero industry?
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Quote Originally Posted by QCTechInsp View Post
    If you guys aren't using CamelCamelCamel.com, you should. The site tracks pricing history on Amazon and allows you to set an alert to buy the item when the price hits the point you defined. Here's the history of the Razorweld:

Name:  amazon.png
Views: 748
Size:  20.8 KB

Here's the link to the item:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Razorweld...context=browse
    -Chris

Doesn't the air requirements of the Razorweld cut 45 seem a bit high? 6.7 cfm @ 75 psi

That's going to force you into a 240v compressor...?
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Doesn't the air requirements of the Razorweld cut 45 seem a bit high? 6.7 cfm @ 75 psi

That's going to force you into a 240v compressor...?
    Doubt it. I run my cnc table with the hypertherm 45 and my longevity 62i off my 110v harbor freight compressor.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Doubt it. I run my cnc table with the hypertherm 45 and my longevity 62i off my 110v harbor freight compressor.
    Ok thanks! Are you using the 2hp 29 gallon HF compressor?
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

You can run any air plasma on any compressor that produces enough pressure to satisfy the minimum inlet pressure rating (of the particular plasma cutter). If the compressor output flow (scfm) is less than the consumption the plasma is rated for.....then that will determine how long you can cut until the pressure gets low enough to affect cut quality an/or shut off the plasma based on its minimum input pressure rating.

For an occasional plasma user a small compressor may be adequate. For higher duty cycle users or production cutting.....it is a good rule of thumb to size the compressor at 1.5 to 2 times the flow / pressure rating of the plasma cutter. Compressors that are oversized will cycle on and off....and will last longer.

I have a compressor rated for 21 scfm@ 90 psi in my shop running a Powermax85 (max consumption for cutting is about 6.5 scfm@90 psi). I also use the compressor for other air operated tools. When in the field I will often use a small portable compressor rated at 3.8 scfm @90 psi. I can cut for about 30 seconds at 45 amps before I need to wait for the compressor to cycle again. Often this is adequate for remote work. If not....I drag along my gas powered compressor with 14cfm @ 90 psi!

One warning....don't buy a compressor based on the Horsepower rating.....it means nothing. Buy compressors based on the Flow rating @ 90 psi., and if you need more air storage......pay attention to the receiver (tank) size as well.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Last edited by jimcolt; 04-28-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Yep. Been running it almost 2.5 years now. The regulator on it broke and it seems to have gotten louder over time. I swear it was super quiet when I first got it.
    I can get 1 minute of cut time before the compressor kicks on. And the compressor will keep up. I have never run out of air with it.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    You can run any air plasma on any compressor that produces enough pressure to satisfy the minimum inlet pressure rating (of the particular plasma cutter).

... snip...
    Thanks Jim. Great information!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Yep. Been running it almost 2.5 years now. The regulator on it broke and it seems to have gotten louder over time. I swear it was super quiet when I first got it.
    I can get 1 minute of cut time before the compressor kicks on. And the compressor will keep up. I have never run out of air with it.
    Yeah, I bought one around the same time. Painted a car with it along with many other projects. I replaced the regulator and a gauge on mine, added a shutoff valve, and recently changed the oil and added an auto purge valve on the bottom. Still working good other than sometimes tripping the 20 amp circuit when it kicks on in the cold weather.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by KMA; 04-28-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Anyone have news on when to expect these to be back in stock?
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

I haven't heard anything from Amazon yet.

Just heard fro Amazon,

Your new estimated delivery date is: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - Saturday, May 14, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Just heard fro Amazon,

Your new estimated delivery date is: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - Saturday, May 14, 2016
    I heard back too, but my ETA is Friday (prime shipping). Hopefully I get to try it out this weekend.

BTW, Amazon is showing one left in stock:

Razorweld JRWPC45LT Plasma Cutter, 45 amp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TTE3FA0..._KjHkxbGSK1S4Z
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si