Nationa Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    central North Carolina
    Posts
    18

    Red face Nationa Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Hi All,
    Another rescue machine. I hate to see these old machines covered with dust, stuffed in the back corner of a dank, dark, shop wondering what did I do wrong to deserve this treatment! Any help as to age, having used one, manual source,or just general comments as to my lunacy for careing. Thanks, OlderIron to to the rescue.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Michgan
    Posts
    463

    Re: Nationa Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Dang that is almost has old as I am. Guessing late 50's to early 60's.
    Klutch 220si mig , stick, and dc tig
    Hobart 140
    AHP ALPHA 200X 2016
    Lotos LTP5000D
    Smith O/P

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    846

    Re: Nationa Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Just a wild guess but I think that welder was built by another manufacturer for National. The case looks Airco or GE to me. Anybody else have a guess?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Steve
    Lincoln IdealArc 250
    Lincoln SA200 1966 Redface
    Steve

    1990 Miller Dialarc 250
    1993 Miller Maxstar 140 STR
    2015 Lincoln MP210
    1966 Lincoln SA200 Redface

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    central North Carolina
    Posts
    18

    Re: National Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Name:  nat 001.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  27.9 KBName:  nat 002.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  27.8 KBName:  nat 003.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  27.5 KBNational was incorporated around 1946, but that is all I've found of their history. Airgas web site does not offer any info as to National's history. Label does say manufactured by National. Miller had a similar looking machine but can't find one in their manuals that's exactly the same. A few pics after clean up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    central North Carolina
    Posts
    18

    Re: National Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    PS: it still weld like a champ

  6. #6

    Re: National Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDERIRON View Post
    Name:  nat 001.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  27.9 KBName:  nat 002.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  27.8 KBName:  nat 003.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  27.5 KBNational was incorporated around 1946, but that is all I've found of their history. Airgas web site does not offer any info as to National's history. Label does say manufactured by National. Miller had a similar looking machine but can't find one in their manuals that's exactly the same. A few pics after clean up.
    This was my grandfather and I want to sell it to someone that collects and keep someone from taking it to a scrap yard.
    Name:  IMG_4974.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  108.4 KBName:  IMG_4975.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  115.4 KBName:  IMG_4976.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  84.8 KBName:  IMG_4981.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  157.2 KB

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    4,728

    Re: National Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Quote Originally Posted by Dscrown View Post
    This was my grandfather and I want to sell it to someone that collects and keep someone from taking it to a scrap yard.
    Name:  IMG_4974.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  108.4 KBName:  IMG_4975.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  115.4 KBName:  IMG_4976.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  84.8 KBName:  IMG_4981.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  157.2 KB
    Where are you located?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  8. #8

    Re: National Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Where are you located?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In Greensboro NC

    Easy to contact me is at this link just message me

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5199553954894/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    4,728

    Re: National Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Quote Originally Posted by Dscrown View Post
    In Greensboro NC

    Easy to contact me is at this link just message me

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5199553954894/
    Thanks but a little too far for me.

    not on the crack book either.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  10. #10

    Re: National Welders Supply co. inc 162 Arc Rite

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Thanks but a little too far for me.

    not on the crack book either.
    I don't wont to junk it. Do you thank anyone will buy it and use it or keep it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement