Sensational New All-In-One MTS 221sti AC/DC TIG-MIG-Stick SEMA Show Preview - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Sensational New All-In-One MTS 221sti AC/DC TIG-MIG-Stick SEMA Show Preview

Yeah,

On one of my memory settings, I do have the arc start amperage set to 15, rather than it's minimum of 5 on AC, for a seemingly crisper, quicker tendency to get an aluminum puddle. But, wow, 100 amps, that sounds interesting. I mean, why not, unless you're on some extremely light stuff, like aluminun cans. Of course, I always leave the ending amps at the bare minimum, so that at the tail out there's no potential snap back up above the minimum before termination.

Quote Originally Posted by srp View Post
    Does it help if the arc start amperage is raised to 100 amps? I have the 250EX and the Dynasty set about there and like it.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

There is a well kept secret in the industry that many welding companies don't tell you about. This is something I learned a few years ago about some other brands from people inside the companies. Companies (unless recently changed in the latest generation) start the arc at a higher amperage than they publish to improve the arc start. This is a brief "flash" in the pan so to speak . Yes, name brand colors do it. They mute the display reaction to this so it isn't reflected or concerning to people and try to keep it capped to provide the best effect at a minimum start. We've actually worked on keeping the start as close to the true minimum as possible. If you look at some of Jody's videos, you can see the comparison to name brand starts on super thin stuff. And it has improved since then even more. This is the thing you have seen happen with the harshness of the square wave 200 start that has bee brought up. The start amps on our units is the same as what some companies call "hot start". But one thing that can cause some hesitation in arc starting is using too large of tungsten and hovering at the low end of the amp range while starting the arc. It's simply a matter of technique and that is why you have the hot start/start amp option available. It's temporary, fast, but it improves starting efficiency even if it drops back down after the "flash".
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    Roy hangs his torch next to a green welding machine
    Does anyone else paint there machines green?
    4:52 shows an obvious Everlast unit.

Jody's starts with his unit are nice. Roy's not so much.

I checked all my start settings on the 250EX and the Dynasty 210, both pop pretty good on the start and have a instant arc. The 250EX is straight up at 100 amps on AC and DC, the Dynasty is 50 amps with 120ms start time on AC and DC. They start exactly the same but have different settings. I butt weld 19 gauge sheet metal and 16 gauge aluminum tubing just like in the video. I don’t have any problem with too much arc start amperage for the thin stuff I do. I do set both machines to the minimum arc start amperage if I want to weld on the bottom of a Coke can, both will start very clean and not bite into the can at that setting with smaller tungsten. I have had the Dynasty set at 100 start amps before, that works well too for every day jobs.
    Syncrowave 250 Tig Runner
    Dynasty 210DX Tig Runner
    Miller MM211
    Everlast 250EX
    Everlast Plasma 70

Yes. That is an older unit. Not a 210EXT. Could be anything from a stick welder to a plasma cutter. But definitely does not have a triangular wave form.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Two different welders being used, switching back and forth. The other unit where you see the arc start at a distance most of the time where you see spit and sputter is not the Everlast machine from what I can tell.
    How does this compare to post #61?
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

When will the specs be out on the all-in-one?
    Dynasty 210DX Tig Runner
    Miller MM211
    Everlast 250EX
    Everlast Plasma 70

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    How does this compare to post #61?
    See post 59 for context.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by srp View Post
    When will the specs be out on the all-in-one?

Ok...the unit is still in development and testing. We have a new, basic 235 amp HD MIG coming out soon that would share some components as it is now.

Here is how it has been spec'd out for development and testing. Subject to change, but we have pretty good confidence we'll achieve the stability we want.
    The 221si unit is scheduled to be 235 amps at 50% duty cycle. MIG and TIG rating anyway. On stick it will be about 175 amps on 50% duty cycle.
    Pulse should be to 250Hz for now. Pulse will be on TIG only. 5 amp start DC, 10 amp Start AC. AC frequency and AC balance control are standard 20 to 250 Hz, and 10-70%.
    Start amps and End amps 0-235. Standard AC/DC puls only on TIG. UP/Down slope will be 10 seconds. Pre flow 10 seconds, post flow 25 seconds. Wave form will be the advanced Square and Triangular.
    2T/4T/Pedal control. Up to 9 programmable memory slots. 6010 capable. Spool gun ready. 4 roll drive feeder. Dual voltage.

And I may have missed something. If you have a specific question about this unit, though and any spec., ask away. I'll try to get one. Sort of busy tonight, but will check back in in the morning. Working on too many candles burning on both ends right now to get a full list up tonight.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Ok...the unit is still in development and testing. We have a new, basic 235 amp HD MIG coming out soon that would share some components as it is now.

Here is how it has been spec'd out for development and testing. Subject to change, but we have pretty good confidence we'll achieve the stability we want.
    The 221si unit is scheduled to be 235 amps at 50% duty cycle. MIG and TIG rating anyway. On stick it will be about 175 amps on 50% duty cycle.
    Pulse should be to 250Hz for now. Pulse will be on TIG only. 5 amp start DC, 10 amp Start AC. AC frequency and AC balance control are standard 20 to 250 Hz, and 10-70%.
    Start amps and End amps 0-235. Standard AC/DC puls only on TIG. UP/Down slope will be 10 seconds. Pre flow 10 seconds, post flow 25 seconds. Wave form will be the advanced Square and Triangular.
    2T/4T/Pedal control. Up to 9 programmable memory slots. 6010 capable. Spool gun ready. 4 roll drive feeder. Dual voltage.

And I may have missed something. If you have a specific question about this unit, though and any spec., ask away. I'll try to get one. Sort of busy tonight, but will check back in in the morning. Working on too many candles burning on both ends right now to get a full list up tonight.
    What might be a ballpark price for the machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Lincoln Idealarc 250-250 Ac/Dc Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

From another thread in this subforum:

2k or so.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Wow,

Those all look like a brilliant set of features and spec numbers.

And a new basic 235 amp HD MIG too coming from Everlast too. I like how the 200 amp average keeps shifting ahead a little while keeping the more compact size, but still short of the 250 amp units, which seem to have a bigger physical size for MIG units.

That 4 roll drive for both units will undoubtedly be a winner for years to come.

It's undoubtedly going to be an extra exciting time for Everlast staff, leading up to the release of the MTS221sti, as it will be a true FIRST in the welding world that will undoubtedly have wide appeal.

And I'm sure Oleg will kick out with some extra nice Christmas bonuses, as you guys deserve it!
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 11-09-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Christian, the 275 units have the same size cases. We have deleted the 250 units from our line for several reasons.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Wow,

I get that!

I mean, if it's by design, I think it's great, as it's setting new and higher standards, with the increased output for units that were previously 200 amp units (to 210-235), and increased output for units that were previously 250 amp units (to 275).

The customer wins, and Everlast wins too, through it's agressive pursuit in anticipating customer desire/demand, which is a perfect example of the mutually beneficial and voluntary exchange process known as competitive capitalism, where the customer is king.

Brilliant!

Christian, the 275 units have the same size cases. We have deleted the 250 units from our line for several reasons.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 11-09-2016 at 12:42 PM.

The 10-70% AC balance would be 90% electrode negative like the 250EX?

Dynasty 210DX Tig Runner
    Miller MM211
    Everlast 250EX
    Everlast Plasma 70

Yes. 10-70% cleaning.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Will this thing have two solenoids, so you don't lose all that argon and 75/25 in the line when swapping from mig to tig? I would weld about an hour on the tig for each part and then I need a mig to weld on a few brackets and tabs to finish up while its still in the jig.

I would have much rather have pulse on the mig side than the tig. Not one time have I needed pulse for tig, I could use it everyday on the mig if it helps with splatter.
    Dynasty 210DX Tig Runner
    Miller MM211
    Everlast 250EX
    Everlast Plasma 70

No separate inlets...means no separate solenoids. Loss is a small tradeoff. You can Y it in with ball valves and switch it at the rear if you like. MIG Pulse can help with spatter, but that is not the primary goal of pulse.

We are designing it with the goal of stability and simplicity to operate. Most people can set Pulse TIG and it is often requested, more so than Pulse MIG. The learning curve on Pulse MIG is slower and requires more hand holding. We also wanted to make sure the unit is stable as possible and less complicated. Adding AC to the unit takes more resources and space, so there is this very slight compromise that the unit does not have pulse MIG. Not a bad trade for having AC TIG with pulse and wave form control.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Sedanman

Your pics have been deleted

STOP AND NOW.. It's going to get you in trouble if it continues.

Absolutely no reason for this. Keep those kind of things to yourself.

Didn't mean to step on your toes mark. We got the notification too.

It's plain inappropriate regardless of what one thinks.

I agree, there is a deficiency in the company where messaging is concerned. There is so little information out there (compared to big blue and red) that it's easy for negative opinion to sway the company image.
    The company website and various information services for publishing up-to-date metric/stats on gear is not keeping up.

I am impressed with all the functionality that is being added with regularity, competition and innovation in this arena seems to be almost nill.

Will there be a pulse feature in the Mig? I know that's hoping for a lot but what the heck, they added an AC function to a multi-box i've been asking myself ever since I started looking into this subject "Why can't they add AC tig to this?".

@Lugweld, I shared the information about the new box in welding area on Facebook, i'm sure all the "If it's not blue or red it better be dead" welding types will ignore it but i've noticed there is increased interest in things that aren't miller or lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

FB rep says approximately 2k but since it's pre-production stage it's too early to expect a firm price.

Looks like a nice welder, I think there will be quite a bit of interest in it.