1/2 HP electric motor
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

1/2 HP electric motor

I walked in an bought a brand new in the box 1/2 HP electric motor. 'Smith & Johnson', yea right!

Anyway, the switch is totally NON-functional!

It's a crappy switch anyway, I'll gladly replace it for $5. But still!!!!!!!!!

The motor is fine.
    Lincoln Electric 210MP

Re: 1/2 HP electric motor

Brad,

I'm going to ask a stupid question later in this post, so keep this in mind.

I just bought a Harbor Freight 1HP 240V 1phase motor for the bandsaw I'm rehabilitating. IT also has a 'switch' on the outside of the wiring box. Except, this 'switch' is actually a thermal overload protector. It only works if you overheat the motor and then you can press it to reset the overload switch after it's cooled off.

Is this what's on the motor you bought? (this is the potentially stupid question I mentioned at the beginning of my post)
    Benson's Mobile Welding at your worksite or place of business. Serving Dayton, Ohio and the surrounding metro areas.
    AWS Certified Welding Inspector (#XXX10731) and Certified Welding Educator (#XXX1008E)

Re: 1/2 HP electric motor

The two page manual doesn't even show or describe the device, but I think you are right. If it's NOT a thermal overload protector, it's the weirdest switch I've ever seen.
    Lincoln Electric 210MP