New Welder: Everlast PowerTIG 350EXT
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

New Welder: Everlast PowerTIG 350EXT

Got my new welder and water cooler in from the good folks at Everlast and unpacked them then had to go off to work for two weeks. No problems with shipping. Everything arrived in excellent shape; switched it on and all seems to be in working order. Excited to get home and run it through some paces welding but I will say the first thing I noticed is that the fan is very quiet. Here are some pix.

Name:  IMG_0970.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  39.8 KBName:  IMG_0972.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  37.0 KBName:  IMG_0977.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  38.5 KBName:  IMG_0981.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  37.8 KB

Re: New Welder: Everlast PowerTIG 350EXT

Nice welder! Do you remember the size of this machine? I am building a welding cart that I want to put this unit on as well as a mig welder and the water cooler. I am looking forward to your input from this machine as I am seriously considering the purchase.

I don't remember, I only just had time to unpack and plug in before I left for work. Putting a tape on it would have been a good idea. It is beefy and has to weigh close to 100#. I am sure that Oleg could give you the exact dimensions if you called. It will be a couple weeks before I will get to use it but I will post some photos once I do.

Name:  IMG_0928.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  29.3 KBName:  IMG_0962.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  35.0 KBName:  IMG_0966.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  40.7 KB

Thanks....I will give them a call. It appears to be close to 30 inchish tall! Can't wait until you get a chance to use it! Take care.

So this replaces the 325EXT?

Yeah,

That is my impression too.

I mean, all of current models in the EXT line are abosute winners already. But who knows, maybe Everlast is going to inject more value into each model by making each one outshine the competition even further in value, like with a 225 EXT, a 280EXT, and the new 350EXT.

You know, to give the anti-Asian product whiners even more to cry about! Ha, ha, ha...

Otherwise, it'd be nice to see that new 350EXT and the water cooler in a sleek custom cart, with the cooler at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by XMilitary View Post
    So this replaces the 325EXT?
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 01-06-2017 at 11:52 AM.

I don't know if this will replace the 325EXT or not. I think I may have gotten one of the first, since I was in the market at the time it is coming out, had seen a blog post somewhere and was asking about a 350amp welder. Looking forward to using it when I get home and will post some pix when I do. I don't think that you can post video to the WW website or I would shoot some short video of the operations. I have not seen the 350EXT on the Everlast website or much information in their blog so not sure where they are going with it. Possibly they are waiting to receive a few more units to have available for shipping. Don't know their marketing plan but it seems they have been pretty silent on this one. As to the welder, it is a nice (and somewhat unique) offering to have a single phase 350 amp TIG with all the bells and whistles at this price point. Probably many folks don't need that high amperage but I have a specific welding application where the extra amps over the 255EXT will come in handy and it will also go down to quite low amperage so backs up my 255EXT. I really like my 255EXT, though I have not used any other TIG welders to compare, it seems to me to be very well build, have a really nice arc, performs exceptional on aluminum and has given me Zero trouble in the 3 years I have had it. I am not an industrial shop but I have a few hundred hours on it now from practice and projects. The only other option on the market for comparison to the 350EXT is the Dynasty 350 and it is just too much money for a hobbyist like myself to justify (but if Miller or any of their hard core fans want to send me a free sample 350 Dynasty, water cooler, and foot control package to prove how much better they are, I will be happy to send them my address and do a comparison when I get it). The Lincoln Aspect is only a 250amp TIG welder at single phase. Don't get me wrong, I like and have Miller and Lincoln products, just mostly too expensive for my application in their TIG lines. I think Everlast is and excellent option hope they continue to be able to keep their prices point steady and do well in the market. It seems that they are making a lot of new improvements in their MIG line as well. With a good marketing plan, if they keep their manufacturing quality at the level I have experienced, not sure why they would not be very successful.

Hello, I was wondering if you had ever had a chance to give your new welder a try? I am very interested in purchasing this model but would like a decent review on one before I pull the trigger. Seems I can't find any information about the new 350....I can find info about the 325 though. I would appreciate any feed back you can give. Thanks!

I have not used the 350 EXT yet, probably in the next two weeks though. I did do about 24' of 3/16" - 3/16" Aluminum fillet weld with my 250EXT and it performed great as always. ~170a, 20% EP, 120 Balance. Advanced Square, 3/32 5356 filler, 25' CK WC FlexLoc Torch, 3/32 2% Lanthanated Tungsten, on/off torch switch control. Pretty much non-stop welding for about 2 hours or so moving around to limit distortion and making about 6" - 8" welds at a time. Will post a review when I get it set up and do some work with the 350 EXT. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know.

So,

How are you likin' the 350EXT?

People seem to be curious as to when they might be available again.

I mean, you seem to be the lucky one to have one already!

I have only done a little welding with the 350EXT on 1/8" Aluminum using the Everlast water cooled Rota-flex Torch. Mostly welding either 110a or 150a depending on the joint and location. Preflow: 1 sec, Start: 25a, Upslope: 3sec, Freq: 130, Balance: 25ep, Downslope: 3 sec, End: 10a, Tungsten: 2% Lanthanated 3/32, Gas Lens, #6 cup, used torch switch on and off and upslope/downslope for manual pulse to control heat.

Fit and finish, workmanship and component quality are very good. Starts were very crisp, no issues with on / off with the switch or up / down slope, very smooth, never touched the duty cycle limits. Have not pushed the machine on heavy steel or aluminum but 5 - 6 hours use no problems, very pleased with performance. Machine is quiet when run by itself but water cooler adds some noise.

New torch was 15' version Rota-flex, would like to get a 25' version. Torch hoses were light and flexible, liked the denim cover for the hoses, well made with a zipper to open and close, easy to put the torch switch wire inside. Wrapped Velcro below where the switch wire came out through the zipper at the torch end to keep from unzipping and on the other end to keep the cover from creeping up. All worked great. Torch was easy to loosen, rotate and tighten. Torch handle was thin and nicely made. Used CK gas lens and cup with the torch, worked fine. I have 2 other CK Flexloc torches and the Rota-flex was as nice so far, very comfortable to use. The CK Flexlocs have some very long hard hours on them though, with almost constant running sometimes without fail, so will have to do some more welding with the Rota-flex for a true comparison.

Overall, only 5 - 6 hours but the welder runs great and probably welds better than I do. Will have to do more with it to test durability. My other TIG welder is the 255EXT and I have about 3 years and hundreds of hours on this welder with no problems so I am confident that the 350EXT is well made and will not have issues. Attached are some pix of welder and welds on the cart I made with it.
    Name:  IMG_1178s.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  130.2 KBName:  IMG_1184s.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  133.3 KBName:  IMG_1187s.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  146.0 KBName:  IMG_1188s.jpg
Size:  123.3 KBName:  IMG_1197s.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  98.2 KB
    Last edited by Shipj0; 05-22-2017 at 01:09 AM.

More photos.
    Name:  IMG_1202s.jpg
Size:  143.7 KBName:  IMG_1210s.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  97.0 KBName:  IMG_1216s.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  103.1 KBName:  IMG_1218s.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  116.8 KBName:  IMG_5543s.jpg
Size:  130.0 KB

Wow,

That's a smokin' TIG setup!

Custom aluminum welding carts are the coolest, too. The inclusion of the diamond plate is always nice, as it's a favorite material of mine, along with expanded metal. I like how you captured/secured the tank up high too, rather than just down low.

Thanks for the update! Do you recall how much it cost? Duty cycle at "xxx" amps? Since it has not been released, there is nothing on the web to do research from.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad86tsi View Post
    Thanks for the update! Do you recall how much it cost? Duty cycle at "xxx" amps? Since it has not been released, there is nothing on the web to do research from.
    Here is a photo of the data sheet with the specs. I don't think that it is currently on their website, the machine is a copy of the 255EXT in functions but a much larger welder physically and internal power components to handle the 350amp rating. I don't have current pricing, you would have to call Everlast Sales and ask Oleg, 1-877-755-9353.

Name:  350EXT Data Plate.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  91.3 KB