new eastwood mp 250i /ahp alpha mig 250 ?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Post new eastwood mp 250i /ahp alpha mig 250 ?

I noticed that Eastwood has started carrying a new welder that looks identical to the ahp 250 mig that people were raving about. Duty cycles are all the same.Controls are identical. It even has the same 4 roller drive mechanism except it still uses the standard tweco #4 instead of the euro torch. I know this machine is extremely new. Has anybody seen one in person yet ? I bought a mig 175 and so far I am disappointed .MY regulator was smashed in shipping....getting a new one sent.I also noticed without even having wire running through that the drive mechanism would hesitate and then speed up again.Once i did run the wire it still did it. I am thinking of returning it and just stepping up to this . Any opinions on the matter would be appreciated. I almost bought an old TA 251 fabricator but backed out last minute...800 dollars and unknown hours on the machine. Not to mention zero support at this point (and over 200 pounds even though it is a 300 amp!!!).I do have to say the new machine looks extremely tempting.

Re: new eastwood mp 250i /ahp alpha mig 250 ?

The plastic drive roller on the mig 175 will break pretty easy, i've had to replace mine due to it cracking. I will likely upgrade to a mig 250 in the next year or so because the 175 has been pretty good other than the plastic drive.

I also just noticed that Eastwood has a new welder very similar to the AHP Alpha Mig 250. I really want the Alpha Mig 250 because I would like to step up from my Millermatic 211. According to the AHP site they aren't shipping for a while, but who knows. I do like how the alpha mig has a euro style connection.

noticed 2t and 4t operation for mig too, demo on Eastwood site.

sure would be handy

Charl

The two are so similar I would guess the same factory makes them both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you ever get the 250 amp Eastwood? I just ordered mine, but I'm only getting the MIG gun and ground to save $200 since I plan to use MIG most of the time. I can add TIG/stick leads when I find a project I want to use it on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last I heard, AHP MIG 250i is in 'redesign' with no projected release date.