Everlast sales. Ha
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Everlast sales. Ha

    I want to buy a welder for home and was looking at the Everlast 250ex. Emailed their sales dept and got some guy named oleg. I wanted to changes the torch in the package to air cooled and delete the foot control for a hand control. It was like he didn't even read my email and would not give me a specific response to my questions. Then I ask for a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor. If sales is like this how will service be. Impossible I bet. I thought others might like this info.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by Warren.howell View Post
    I want to buy a welder for home and was looking at the Everlast 250ex. Emailed their sales dept and got some guy named oleg. I wanted to changes the torch in the package to air cooled and delete the foot control for a hand control. It was like he didn't even read my email and would not give me a specific response to my questions. Then I ask for a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor. If sales is like this how will service be. Impossible I bet. I thought others might like this info.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    this is not exactly stop the presses news
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    this is not exactly stop the presses news
    It made me feel better to write it. Lol

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,210

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by Warren.howell View Post
    I want to buy a welder for home and was looking at the Everlast 250ex. Emailed their sales dept and got some guy named oleg. I wanted to changes the torch in the package to air cooled and delete the foot control for a hand control. It was like he didn't even read my email and would not give me a specific response to my questions. Then I ask for a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor. If sales is like this how will service be. Impossible I bet. I thought others might like this info.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Why not call them? It's so much easier to get answers to all your questions over the phone.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Yeah,

    My initial interaction with Oleg by phone, and with other staff at Everlast was quite helpful when I wanted to stop shipment of an order so that I could upgrade to a different unit and make some other changes.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 04-17-2017 at 09:42 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Why not call them? It's so much easier to get answers to all your questions over the phone.
    Called too. No better

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orange, TX
    Posts
    17,344

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    For what it's worth, Oleg is the owner so . . .
    Last edited by duaneb55; 04-17-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

    Save Second Base!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    254

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    We have a 210 tig, and last week my Dad thought we had a problem with it. I was too busy to help, or call Everlast myself. Dad is 80 years old and hates the phone, but decided to try at least to call. Long story short they were extremely helpful to him. It turned out we had a bad tank of gas. Got it swapped out at the LWS, and everything seems to be good now. The point is my Dad who has no patiences was happy with the service. Good Luck.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Lincoln square wave.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,932

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Our units are prepackaged with the accessories that they come with. It is not a welding buffet. If you want to change something, we are happy to add it to the sale...but you will get the base package in addition to what you order. It takes time and labor to remove and change and repackage the units to make some of these changes. It's not unheard of that we'd repackage a torch for a customer if it was moving down to an air cooled torch if the customer did not want or have a water cooler at the time of purchase. Lots of people think that they can upgrade for the difference in the cost. Not so. These packages are put together at a lower cost to us than the individual items cost us. So, no, an upgrade isn't an upgrade.

    Let's not also forget that most welder companies do not include ANY torches on their units like this or any accessories, unless you pay EXTRA for it and an accessory PACKAGE which is not changeable either in most cases. You can buy it bare and add individually your items or buy the package or nothing at all, but they don't freely swap out items on a prepackaged deal. While that may seem hard for some people to cope with and some people want to naturally dicker, it's sort of the same way some people who want to haggle feel when they walk onto a car lot at a dealership that practices lowest cost pricing on the window sticker and you pay what is on the window sticker. They always think they will get a better price. If haggling over the provided package is what you want to do, please don't feel angry at us and singled out because we don't do so. It's not you, it's us and the way we've built the business and it works for us, and MOST of our customers.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,932

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by Warren.howell View Post
    I want to buy a welder for home and was looking at the Everlast 250ex. Emailed their sales dept and got some guy named oleg. I wanted to changes the torch in the package to air cooled and delete the foot control for a hand control. It was like he didn't even read my email and would not give me a specific response to my questions. Then I ask for a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor. If sales is like this how will service be. Impossible I bet. I thought others might like this info.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    He does read them, but he gets a couple hundred emails a day, so I don't think I could remember the exact contents of 20 emails in one day let alone 200.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    755

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    this is not exactly stop the presses news
    No kidding! Someone that has all of 16 posts is gonna set the world afire with how he was (in his mind) dissed. Can I now talk about how many times I've been on the phone with Miller, when they are trying to find 'Bill' who actually knows about my feeders? When I call local Airgas (now AL) there is absolutely NO ONE that knows what I'm talking about. Not a single person, period, nada, zip.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    No kidding! Someone that has all of 16 posts is gonna set the world afire with how he was (in his mind) dissed. Can I now talk about how many times I've been on the phone with Miller, when they are trying to find 'Bill' who actually knows about my feeders? When I call local Airgas (now AL) there is absolutely NO ONE that knows what I'm talking about. Not a single person, period, nada, zip.
    The word is disrespect not dissed. And if you run a business and someone is considering spending their hard earned money with you you it is very disrespectful to ignore their questions. I don't intend to set anything on fire. Actions have consequences. I know that's not taught in California.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Our units are prepackaged with the accessories that they come with. It is not a welding buffet. If you want to change something, we are happy to add it to the sale...but you will get the base package in addition to what you order. It takes time and labor to remove and change and repackage the units to make some of these changes. It's not unheard of that we'd repackage a torch for a customer if it was moving down to an air cooled torch if the customer did not want or have a water cooler at the time of purchase. Lots of people think that they can upgrade for the difference in the cost. Not so. These packages are put together at a lower cost to us than the individual items cost us. So, no, an upgrade isn't an upgrade.

    Let's not also forget that most welder companies do not include ANY torches on their units like this or any accessories, unless you pay EXTRA for it and an accessory PACKAGE which is not changeable either in most cases. You can buy it bare and add individually your items or buy the package or nothing at all, but they don't freely swap out items on a prepackaged deal. While that may seem hard for some people to cope with and some people want to naturally dicker, it's sort of the same way some people who want to haggle feel when they walk onto a car lot at a dealership that practices lowest cost pricing on the window sticker and you pay what is on the window sticker. They always think they will get a better price. If haggling over the provided package is what you want to do, please don't feel angry at us and singled out because we don't do so. It's not you, it's us and the way we've built the business and it works for us, and MOST of our customers.
    It appears that some did read my email and had they given half this effort to answer me I would not have posted this. Lincoln gave me the same answer and I'm not even slightly annoyed with them. One sentence answers that have nothing to do with the question are not acceptable. I bet all the defenders on here are associated with Everlast in some way. It would be interesting to know.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,932

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Besides me, no one. Only owners with personal experience.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,210

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Besides me, no one. Only owners with personal experience.
    Yep. I don't sell them. But I have one and love it. Every time I have sent a question it gets answered.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Besides me, no one. Only owners with personal experience.
    Have you seen the email chain I am complaining about?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Just so everyone knows, I want a different torch than the one in the package and a hand control. I was quoted a price. 1700.00. My specific question was what I was getting and what was being deleted and the costs and credits for the items. I even asked for the email to be forwarded to someone who would answer if oleg couldn't. I must have some nerve wanting to know what I was paying for.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,932

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    You can see the items on our website. It spells it out in the text of "what's included". We include these starter packages as a convenience for the customer at no extra charge over the unit. That's another reason we don't trade up or down with a difference in the price. Anything you get over and above is a bonus for the customer if it isn't listed...and generally, it won't be less than what is listed on the site unless it is stated explicitly to not include something.
    Last edited by lugweld; 04-18-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,932

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    If you want a different torch, go for the NOVA Rota-Flex.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Warren,

    There's no conspiracy here.

    Mark is a well-known Everlast staff member, and "all" of the other "defenders" in this thread, like me, are just satisfied retail customers.

    Just buy the unit you want, and then any extras. That's what I did. It's very easy. No drama, blaming, or conspiracy required.


    Quote Originally Posted by Warren.howell View Post
    ... I bet all the defenders on here are associated with Everlast in some way. It would be interesting to know.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Warren,

    There's no conspiracy here.

    Mark is a well-known Everlast staff member, and "all" of the other "defenders" in this thread, like me, are just satisfied retail customers.

    Just buy the unit you want, and then any extras. That's what I did. It's very easy. No drama, blaming, or conspiracy required.
    So. Just take whatever they send for the price and then figure out what else you need. The package is 1550.00. I was quoted 1700. Can somebody please tell me what I was getting and not getting. It's a full day later and I still don't know but it's not Everlast sales fault. Definitely not them. Impossible.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    If you want a different torch, go for the NOVA Rota-Flex.
    I asked if you read the email chain.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    330

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    You have a certain level of expectation that apparently isn't being met. You've complained and do not feel satisfied. You might consider another brand. Best of luck.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Everlast sales. Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by KMA View Post
    You have a certain level of expectation that apparently isn't being met. You've complained and do not feel satisfied. You might consider another brand. Best of luck.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Expecting to know what you are getting for your money is just crazy I guess. Kma back at ya.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement