253DPi Mig - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 253DPi Mig

Re: 253DPi Mig

Quote Originally Posted by 3LFarms View Post
    So I burned up some 3/64” 4043 and 5356 today playing around with a couple 1/4” thick coupons of 6061. Both wires fed very well with the 1.2mm U groove rollers. I didn’t have any feeding problems at all. I did end up melting my tip and so I quit for the day.
    I got the 5356 to run ok I guess, but there was more soot than I thought there should be.
    Plate was scotch brighter with a new pad, wire brushed with a new stainless brush and wiped down with acetone. I don’t think things could be any cleaner.
    Argon was about 25cfh. I tried to keep about 3/8” stick out with the tip recessed about 1/8”. I found I got the best looking beads holding the gun at 90degrees. Otherwise I got more soot and the nozzle collected spatter.

First stringer with inductance set low. Gun at nearly 90 degrees right to left. It started cold, but flattened out.
    Attachment 1684948

Second bead with inductance turned up. Piece was cooled off and area cleaned again. I liked the looks of this one better. Once cleaned off, it doesn’t look too bad.
    Attachment 1684949

Welder settings were as follows:
    Double pulse mig
    .045 wire
    5356 AL
    4T trigger
    Preflow .4 seconds
    Inductance set to 8
    Peak 220
    Pulse freq 1.8 hz
    190A and -0.2V. (It doesn’t tell me the voltage, just wether I’m + or - of the synergic setting)
    End Amps 120 and 0.0V
    Burnback .20 seconds
    Burnback voltage 0.0 v

I ran some 4043 as well starting with the same settings, but I was getting some visible porosity and more soot and some of the welds cracked. Since I don’t plan on mig-ing much AL, I am fine just keeping the 5356 on hand.
    Those welds look like crap but I understand you are searching, so nothing agaisnt you by any means. 25 cfh is what I 'usually' set my meter at. I'd try uping that. 90* does not work! You must be pushing. And more than you would think appropriate, especially with 4043. Forget all the happy, happy settings and start with NO ANYTHING but 22v and play with wire speed. Wire speed means nothing to me until it is A-RIGHT. You are pushing on a string with the push-only and thus are already set up to be frustrated.

Thanks! Im using Pure argon. I started off at 20 CFH and it did get better when I went up, but I didn’t go over 30. I’ll up it to 45 and see what that does.
    I may be wrong on this, but this welder doesn’t seem to let me adjust WFS, which is of course what the charts want me to play with. I think it is adjusted automatically, but I wish it would tell me what the WFS is.
    Everlast 253DPi
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Lincoln 180 mig

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

It does allow you, but it reads in amps instead. Amps and wire speed are really the same thing, just another way of quantifying it. Amps actually is a more accurate way.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

I'm thinking seriously about this welder. I want to double pulse 4130 tubing. Any tips for set up? I'm looking at doing 1 1/2" .120 wall, .83 & .069.
    thanks,

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Contact me direct at 877 755 9353 ext 204 and I can help you a lot on your settings.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT