Hi from Mass!
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Hi from Mass!

Hi from Mass!

Been interested in welding for a while but do not own any welding equipment.. yet.. Everlast looks like a good product with a good warranty.. Just learning what is out there and looking for a good value for a good price..

Ray

Re: Hi from Mass!

welcome Everlast has a lot of great products. Dont be afraid of used items as well

Quote Originally Posted by Raybonz View Post
    Been interested in welding for a while but do not own any welding equipment.. yet.. Everlast looks like a good product with a good warranty.. Just learning what is out there and looking for a good value for a good price..

Ray
    All depends on your budget, AHP and Everlast are very good choices without taking out a mortgage, but having quality features.

Quote Originally Posted by ljdm View Post
    All depends on your budget, AHP and Everlast are very good choices without taking out a mortgage, but having quality features.
    I like the price point of the AHP and I thought that having TIG and stick in one unit along with 120/240V input would be a plus... This is more of a toy\hobby for me.. I am a licensed electrician by trade but enjoy learning other trades.. On Amazon they have HYL, Amico and many other brands which all appear similar.. Is there any that should be avoided?
    Thanks,
    Ray

Thanks for the welcome! Most of the used I have seen listed look beat up.. I prefer to beat them up myself lol.. Plus a warranty would be nice unless I ran into a deal I couldn't pass up..

I purchased an off brand chinese machine and I love it, everyone says to avoid them, I got a good deal, spent a little more and got a 4 year warranty and am out less than 400 bucks for a 175 amp multi process machine.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Good Morning from another Masshole.

Had enough snow yet??

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Welcome! I don't own my equipment either because I have a townhouse and a one-car garage. I've been waiting on a friend to weld with and that's like waiting for hell to freeze over. Some people need to get their **** together.
    Gina M. Tabasso
    HGR Industrial Surplus
    gtabasso@hgrinc.com
    www.hgrinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    Welcome! I don't own my equipment either because I have a townhouse and a one-car garage. I've been waiting on a friend to weld with and that's like waiting for hell to freeze over. Some people need to get their **** together.
    Make your friend an offer that can't be refused... could be a carrot, could be a stick. Life is too short to be wasted waiting on some people.
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

Thanks Zap! Yeah I have had enough! Lost power for 24 hours here and my little generator kept the lights on plus a few vital circuits.. I live in Carver and work in Boston, how about you?

Ray

Never heard the term "Masshole". Anything similar for NY'ers? I'm enjoying the snow(NOT) as much as you! 3 Nor'easters in a week. C'mon, spring! Anyway, hobbyist, go for the AlphaTig 200X, in my opinion, well worth the Amazon price(not the AHP website price), Amazon is better.

I'm sure that's a great welder but much more than i want to spend.. My wife would kill me lol..