ESAB Rebel 205ic - Page 5
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: ESAB Rebel 205ic

Yep I emailed them out of curiosity, they said it will be a couple of months before you can order it off their site and get same day shipping.
    Tom

Here is a 215 emp on Ebay for $1100 or make an offer in Buffalo, NY. Might be worth inquiring about for the right person.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESAB-055810...01256625&rt=nc
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, L-tec, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

I checked with two of my local suppliers last week. One had 2 in stock and the other had 4 in stock.

49 pounds is quite appealing for a portable unit.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

There's some glaring faults. No AC pulse. Then, absurdly low duty cycles. They are in denial. Still claiming to be the first Multi-process machine with AC/DC. And they claim "industrial" level design, which clearly doesn't include their duty cycle.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    There's some glaring faults. No AC pulse. Then, absurdly low duty cycles. They are in denial. Still claiming to be the first Multi-process machine with AC/DC. And they claim "industrial" level design, which clearly doesn't include their duty cycle.
    Have you used the 205 unit yet?
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, L-tec, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

For a single machine to do everything, mostly 3-4mm stuff like handrails, frames etc, it's a pretty attractive proposition, if you're wanting it to fit in a smaller truck or van. Perfect for mobile farm repair work, really. One machine, two smaller bottles of gas, and a generator...

And you still have the option of running 4mm rods for anything heavier.

It's pretty useless for what I personally would need, but I bet it fits the bill fine for some people, and those people will be the ones to buy it.

The posted duty cycles are a bit of a let down. I don't know this machine at all but from my experience the other Rebels have no true duty cycles as far as shutting down, I have tested that many, many times in heat that you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.

I thought the original design was for pulse on both AC and DC? There are many applications having AC pulse is nice, it would definitely be a feature that should have been included. I also like having a purge function for gas setup on the flowmeter but I guess that is old school these days.
    ESAB Rebels 215/235, Hypertherm 85, 45xp, Miller 350p, Synchrowave 350 LX, Thermal Arc 185, Everlast 255EXT, TD 60i

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Looked at it at SEMA for the past two years.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Personally I've been watching this machine for quite some time now. The longer it's been a wild card the more leery I have become. Honestly the perfect machine for me, would be the Rebel 205 with just the AC/DC TiG function. I called ESAB tech and although I spoke to someone who was very nice to me, I felt like I got no solid answers (technically speaking). It fits a niche for me when I'm out of town in the trade that I work in. I'd rather have two separate smaller welders rather than one do it all that doesn't. Time will tell, but I'll likely buy one in the next few months if I hear of any honest reviews that are positive. As far as reviews go, I'm talking about someone who is actually using one in the field.

I picked up 215ic and it's been nothing but a nightmare...sMIG us kind of a gimmick eg it's sound great on paper but reality it just doesn't prove useful to me...the machine gets wierd when speed tacking almost like the solenoid is lagging and now it won't run wire consistently in manual mig mode but works fine in sMIG mode....go figure

Quote Originally Posted by kriskyk View Post
    I picked up 215ic and it's been nothing but a nightmare...sMIG us kind of a gimmick eg it's sound great on paper but reality it just doesn't prove useful to me...the machine gets wierd when speed tacking almost like the solenoid is lagging and now it won't run wire consistently in manual mig mode but works fine in sMIG mode....go figure
    Your machine must be broken...take it in under warranty. sMIG works very well for short arc up to 1/4. Speed tacking is best in manual mode, no pre or post flow, with burnback set to zero and a lower inductance.

Reset the machine in the interface and start over, It's like a computer.

ESAB has a great warranty on these so take advantage of it if indeed your machine is not right.
    ESAB Rebels 215/235, Hypertherm 85, 45xp, Miller 350p, Synchrowave 350 LX, Thermal Arc 185, Everlast 255EXT, TD 60i