ESAB Rebel 205ic - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: ESAB Rebel 205ic

Its not a problem when you have a great LWS, they service Lincoln, Esab, Miller. Not sure about others, its nice when its a employee owned company run by the same family for years.
    They would be a store you should contact about being a dealer possibly, just a thought.
    Tom

Does not matter.. with this.. https://www.esabna.com/us/en/support...tisfaction.cfm
    Now what do you guy have? 50% plan if it does not blow, and wiil only cover the ones that don't.
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Does not matter.. with this.. https://www.esabna.com/us/en/support...tisfaction.cfm
    Now what do you guy have? 50% plan if it does not blow, and wiil only cover the ones that don't.
    You are beyond hope here. Nothing I say matters. You throw shade just to do it. We have several policies which cover this. One is our long standing (9 years) 30 day satisfaction warranty. It's a 100% if there is a problem with the unit, including shipping. If there is no verifiable issue, and the customer simply wants to return it, then it is covered by the same policy, but it is subject to a 15% restock fee and return shipping. Additionally, we have a 6 month policy which allows the customer to "trade up" with marginal expense, to a larger item if it is too small or not enough to meet their needs. Many times, it is 100% trade-up unless the unit is heavily used, and then usually no more than 20% hit against the original purchase price of the trade in .

I have an ESAB. No one wants to service here within 100 miles that I can find. I've always had to go back to Florence for my parts and service and fix it myself. They even discontinued many parts while the product was still in production.

The reason ESAB has that policy (very recently I might add) is that their reputation for service was, well, through the floor. When they bought out Victor, they realized that they married "up" and had to do something about their reputation for parts and service. I love the products, hate their service reputation for the size company they are.

Our warranty policy (even if it doesn't cover shipping) is for 5 years. Parts and Labor. I remember that people poo-pooed it when we brought it out 10 years ago, saying we wouldn't be around 3 years. Here we are. Still enjoying yearly record breaking sales, and are shaping the industry with our products and policies. Others have come and gone (Including TA, and afore mentioned Victor), but we are still here.

And if someone is not happy with that policy, they can buy from Home Depot for 90 day return.
    Last edited by lugweld; 11-06-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

To be clear. ESAB didn't Buy Victor. ESAB doesn't even own itself. Colfax owns ESAB and bought Victor ( and paid 2X more than it sold for last time ) to help with ESAB's 2 years in a row = 40 million dollar losses. They were tanking. Then the morons at Colfax let ESAB run Victor and now it's tanking too. Seen the POS new imported Victor torches yet? I'm still a big Cutmaster fan though.
    Thermal Arc 320SP
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC
    Thermal Arc 161STL
    Thermal Arc 190S
    Cut Master 82, 42.
    Victor Gas App.
    Ellis 1600
    Evolution Compound Mitre.
    Boxes of welding crap.

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    You are beyond hope here. Nothing I say matters. You throw shade just to do it.
    You are the one in this forum pushing S##T. You might want to take it over where you pay to post this dribble..Then People will believe you, and follow you in lock step.. Here it's not going to happen. You pretty much have a stake in what you are pimping, and really should stay over there.. (IMO)
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

And if someone is not happy with that policy, they can buy from Home Depot for 90 day return.
    Or for one year at Home Depot if purchased on the Home Depot credit account.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

I was a contributing member of this forum, long before I started working for Everlast. And N2, you post the dribble for free. Think about that.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Or for one year at Home Depot if purchased on the Home Depot credit account.
    Yes, and there's that.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Yes, and there's that.
    Not available to all. Not every one can buy on credit at Home Depot.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    To be clear. ESAB didn't Buy Victor. ESAB doesn't even own itself. Colfax owns ESAB and bought Victor ( and paid 2X more than it sold for last time ) to help with ESAB's 2 years in a row = 40 million dollar losses. They were tanking. Then the morons at Colfax let ESAB run Victor and now it's tanking too. Seen the POS new imported Victor torches yet? I'm still a big Cutmaster fan though.
    Correct, but it was done under the guise of ESAB publicly. In fact before it was publicly announced, ESAB had a large, veiled quote on their page: "To the Victor goes the spoils". Which I saw a few weeks beforew, and wondered about it before anything was up. It was sort of random. But currently Victor product is being sold under the name ESAB or Thermaldyne moniker.

And yes, I have been teaching part time in a tech school and have had to contend with that junk. Regulators going bad, hard to read, and the newest stuff feels like fisher-price designed it.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT