Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

I can see were there may be a warranty issue arising from the use of other pedals on the Primeweld units. Primeweld has not stated or endorsed any other pedals to be used on their welders at this time.

I do know Primeweld has spent a lot of money on a new pedal that should be available in a few months for the people that can't seem to be able to use the pedal it comes with for some reason.

So using a different pedal or making up your own may void your warranty. I would suggest you contact Primeweld before adding a different foot pedal.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Primeweld dealer and tech support
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberrocker View Post
    I checked out the Harbor Freight pedal as well. Being that I had a HF store credit to burn I figured that I would give it a go. With the %20 off any Vulcan accessory and additional $5.00 off coupons I picked it up for $51.00. Another reason for my HF purchase was pedal compatibility. The pedal that ships with the PrimeWeld has a resistance of 10K (Ohms) and the HF Vulcan is a 10K pedal as well so there is no potentiometer swapping involved with the conversion. I had a spare compatible 7 Pin connector so after a bit of wire tracing and soldering I was good to go . (I have the pin-outs if anyone would like them). Anyway the HF pedal is working out just fine for me. Now I am not claiming that HF is the worlds finest TIG pedal but it's pretty damn good one for $51.00.
    So what ever made you think the Harbor Freight pedal was better then the pedal the welder came with?
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Primeweld dealer and tech support
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    So what ever made you think the Harbor Freight pedal was better then the pedal the welder came with?
    The Primeweld block pedal is a rear hinge swing which I cannot deal with. Most pedals are center hinging. The Vulcan pedal is front hinging. The prototypes ranged from center hinge to the front hinge which I hated and told them why. You could not even place your foot on the pedal without tripping the arc, so I lobbied against it. So what they did is put a massive spring in the front hinge one and it works ok. By ok is even though I find it dumb I forget about it for the most part while welding with it. My female weldors actually prefer it because they have small feet. I unscrew the heel clip and weld an extension clip to it then reinstalled. Now I can drag it around with my heel easier when needed. I still trip the arc occasionally when placing my big foot on it.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.