My old MM 251's mig gun's trigger switch keeps popping out of the handle
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

My old MM 251's mig gun's trigger switch keeps popping out of the handle

I thought older machine owners might be having the same problem or an intermittent continuity problem due to a worn out switch, I found the price spread for a new Miller part was $18.95 to $58.10 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/p/227798-Miller...75.c100623.m-1
    Last edited by tackit; 05-10-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Re: My old MM 251's mig gun's trigger switch keeps popping out of the handle

Nice, I keep one in my spares bin. I used to be able to fix the old switches. The new ones with micro switches are much more difficult because I can't see all the little tiny parts inside the micro switches any more.

Re: My old MM 251's mig gun's trigger switch keeps popping out of the handle

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Nice, I keep one in my spares bin. I used to be able to fix the old switches. The new ones with micro switches are much more difficult because I can't see all the little tiny parts inside the micro switches any more.

My gun is in good shape and the switch works but it keeps popping out of the gun, it stays in for awhile but then pops back out again, I'm thinking over the years the plastic trigger dimensions have changed due to the plastic breaking down, I see no wear or damage to either the switch or gun.