Can't find the serial number on my victor regulators
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Can't find the serial number on my victor regulators

At the beginning of May, I bought a set of Victor Edge 2.0 regulators from 2 different vendors. there is a $50 rebate on each, but the rebate form on the ESAB site requires a serial number to be able to submit the form.

Problem is I cannot for the life of me, find a serial number on these regulators. Any body know where it could be or if they even have one? They are a 0781-3603 acetylene, and a 0781-3600 oxygen 0-60.
    Victor Oxy weld/cut Setup
    Meco Midget Torch outfit
    Everlast 2016 250EX & Power Cool W300
    Lincoln Power mig 210MP w/amptrol and Spool Gun
    Everlast Powerarc 200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Bandsaw, Lathe, grinders, press, Bridgeport, etc.

Re: Can't find the serial number on my victor regulators

Not sure on the edge2 regs but the others had a foil decal with the specs and s/n. If there is no s/n you can get with your local ESAB rep and he or she should be able to push it through. If there is a local rep. Most have vacated the company or won't even know what an edge regulator is. Or you can prove it's an Edge 2 simply by showing the newer style gauges. Customer service may help you too. good luck.

Sux to cut coupons.If you had bought it from_____ at the LWS the problem would be a non-problem.
    $50 is $50......about an hour+1/2 in my world.
    If my gauge /reg craps they'll hand me a loaner until the other show is resolved.Same with my freezer, fridge, dryer. They'll stuff a floor model in until____whatever___is resolved.
    NOOP. I didn't get a bargain.
    Neither did you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    Sux to cut coupons.If you had bought it from_____ at the LWS the problem would be a non-problem.
    $50 is $50......about an hour+1/2 in my world.
    If my gauge /reg craps they'll hand me a loaner until the other show is resolved.Same with my freezer, fridge, dryer. They'll stuff a floor model in until____whatever___is resolved.
    NOOP. I didn't get a bargain.
    Neither did you.
    Considering that the LWS wants over $250 each for the regs, I got a 'bargain' online even without the rebate. On top of that, considering that the LWS is Mathesson and they treat me like crap because I'm not a major user, the only thing they get out of me is for the bottles and only due to nobody else around. I don't throw my money at folks that treat me like they do.
    Victor Oxy weld/cut Setup
    Meco Midget Torch outfit
    Everlast 2016 250EX & Power Cool W300
    Lincoln Power mig 210MP w/amptrol and Spool Gun
    Everlast Powerarc 200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Bandsaw, Lathe, grinders, press, Bridgeport, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Housedad View Post
    Considering that the LWS wants over $250 each for the regs, I got a 'bargain' online even without the rebate. On top of that, considering that the LWS is Mathesson and they treat me like crap because I'm not a major user, the only thing they get out of me is for the bottles and only due to nobody else around. I don't throw my money at folks that treat me like they do.
    Good For You !!! Agree Totally..