Hobart Titian 7000 gens but no welding current ***** duaneb55 you are the man
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Hobart Titian 7000 gens but no welding current ***** duaneb55 you are the man

I got caught in a flood and it wiped my welding truck and 10k+ down the river quite literally. I am just recovering 2 years later. I started my recovery by purchasing a 97 Hobart titian 7000. It was the guys backup machine on a backup truck stored in a barn so it seems to be in pretty good shape. After a 400 cold cranking amp agm battery she fires right up and runs strong. Auto idle works, seems to be generating at full power. But when I throw a 6011 in the stinger all I get is a little bitty spark. I tried to download the manual thru Hobart website but there was no listing for the titian series welders at all. To make matters worse the data plate has been sun bleached so I don't have the technical specs online anywhere. I am quite frustrated by the lack of info out there! It looks like a bobcat to me and the motor has a miller logo on it but I didn't think miller bought Hobart that long ago. Regardless I need to get this machine at 100% ASAP and keep it there to put food on the table and I am really excited!

duaneb55, you are the man, every titian thread you have the answer. I would love your help, and technical support, and you knowledge. I am good working on inverters, but this is a different style than I am used to. I have a degree in electronics but I don't know where anything is From reading you posts I know I need to check the exciter fuse f1 and f2 but not a clue where they are. I think the brushes are good since I am getting aux power, right? I was tempted to plug my 210mp into it but I wanted to get it running right before I put a big load on it.

I also want to paint it and make it look as well as it runs! Does anyone make the proper color paint and decals to make her look brand new or better? I also wanted to see if I could add a heat gauge and adding a key switch doesn't look too hard. I am assuming my only source for parts is miller or NOS?

does anyone have a spec sheet or book or parts manual for this thing? Any info would be great! The AC side of the machine said tig right on it, does that mean I am good to go for aluminum welding? It says it's a multi process welder, so stick is obvious, tig on a dry rig (17v and a tank of argon), and since it's a cc machine dual shield flux thru a suitcase right? But I thought you can't scratch start AC tig?

thanks all to everyone for your input in advance!

I am going to try to log on with my phone and post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

sn is 90ws07201 if needed

Re: Hobart Titian 7000 gens but no welding current ***** duaneb55 you are the man

Re: Hobart Titian 7000 gens but no welding current ***** duaneb55 you are the man

Howdy,

Hope you get the help you need, a quick search(which I’m sure you’ve already found as well): Pulled up this link: http://millerweldersales.com/hobart-...manual-7142-1/

Unfortunately they’re wanting 40 bucks for it, I haven’t done any research on that website to know if they’re legit, etc. but figured you might want the resource anyways.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Mmock4; 06-03-2018 at 01:57 AM.
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Vulcan MigMax 215

Quote Originally Posted by Mmock4 View Post
    Howdy,

Hope you get the help you need, a quick search(which I’m sure you’ve already found as well): Pulled up this link: http://millerweldersales.com/hobart-...manual-7142-1/

Unfortunately they’re wanting 40 bucks for it, I haven’t done any research on that website to know if they’re legit, etc. but figured you might want the resource anyways.

Good luck!
    I saw that but it kinda looked strange. I emailed miller for the pdf. I am hoping....

It welds!!!!! I cleaned the rings and the fine control and it welds. All of a sudden the auto idle stops working..... Damn

ok so it won't idle up but it will idle down after I flip the switch and wait about 3 min or so. Solenoid feels kinda weird so I cleaned the shaft and lubed it with some white grease. Feels like an loose electrical connection, but everything looks good.

Okay updates, I now have the book and technical manual for the welder side right from Hobart. Complete with real schematics. And I got 3 big manuals from Cummins on my Onan champion 16. All I can email if needed. My auto idle is still acting up, I am unfortunately thinking that the auto box is not good and the solenoid is notchy so I am going to need both. I can repair the box, but it looks like I am going to need to figure out what bobcat had a similar mounting, voltage and pin size so I can order a new one. More to come

Auto idle fixed, it was the solenoid. Auto idle box is good. Works as it should now. Time to put her to work!