Welding tables
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Welding tables

Welding tables

So I saw the weldtables.com has free shipping and wanting to order a 3x4 pro top. Are these worth the money? Is it worth getting the fabblock?

Re: Welding tables

Free shipping? Heck yeah. I like that pro top. All the holes are a PIA though.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.

What do you mean the holes are a pia

Quote Originally Posted by MattL View Post
    What do you mean the holes are a pia
    I do production tig work. Hundreds or thousands at a time. Those holes may snag parts and I only clamp around the edges. But otherwise I would buy one in a heartbeat if I did not already have 8 tig tables already.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.

Do you do a lot of fabrication where you need all those holes ? For many a flat solid table is all you need.

I have the 2x4 pro top and really like it. I agree about the holes occasionally being a pain. I don't notice parts snagging on it so much, but it seems like every time I set down a contact tip, short torch back cap, or other very small item, it rolls a bit and goes straight through one of those holes.

I bought mine with the leg kit. I left the front brace off so I could easily store things underneath and slide things in and out from under the table. Still plenty sturdy. I stood on it when installing some extra lights in the ceiling of my garage recently and it felt absolutely rock solid.

I made a top 3x3 with all the holes 4" o/c for clamping it is great I use it all the time, even for non welding but yes little items do fall through the holes