Autodarkening
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Autodarkening

Autodarkening

So I purchased a new helmet that has four sensors and is specified to be good to 5 amps DC.
    I am still getting flashed when it does not darken at 100 amps DC.
    Works fine on AC and works fine on stick.
    Is there something I should be checking before I take it back for a refund?
    Thanks

Jim

Re: Autodarkening

Take the thing back or, if it's solar charged and no battery, get it out in the sun for a couple hours for a good charge and then take it back if that doesn't help.
    Lotsa guys (and gurls) who seldom weld find a helmet flashing them if it's solar/no battery and seldom used.
    It's not a health risk, per say, they're all UV blockers.

Common problem with AD hoods. Now knowing that it stays dark on AC, put your DC into high speed pulse at the least invasive ratios. I just had to do that Friday with a promo AD hood that we have. Works like a charm. Low speed pulse may work but I hate the headaches they give me. You can also try moving sensitivity to max.

What tig machine do you have? What hood?
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.

I bought a miller t94 about 2 months ago had the same issues until I changed battery has worked flawlessly every since!! Very happy with the investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk