New tubing notcher
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

New tubing notcher

Working on a project first front end for my bike and needed to notch some pretty short tubes. I have a baileigh tn-250 that works awesome but my tubes are about an inch short of being ableto be notchedso I had to adapt my belt grinder to do the notches.

Pretty simple but worked great. I'll prolly end up selling my baileigh after I use this some more and make sure I like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: New tubing notcher

Thats slick!

I like my notcher (basically the same) but have been wanting something better yet. I also have been wanting to build a belt grinder.
    12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    I only have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829

Nice job. It does look like a simple solution. Did you turn the dies?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    Nice job. It does look like a simple solution. Did you turn the dies?
    You can buy a set of tube sanding wheels/rollers on ebay for around $100 that look just like the one in his pic. Many years ago a contractor I was working for had a nice one that was 5hp. It had a pipe/tube vise on it that would hold what ever angle you wanted. It would cope a 2" pipe in just a couple seconds. I have no Idea how much hand rail we built with that thing but any other way to cope tube or pipe seems like a wast of time after using that belt grinder .