New job, (possibly) the largest fabrication workshop in the southern hemisphere - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New job, (possibly) the largest fabrication workshop in the southern hemisphere

Quote Originally Posted by ttoks View Post
    Flip flops? you mean thongs right?

The dude is Hideo, he's an Immigrant from Japan, there is no telling Hideo not to have his watch on, he did swap out the stainless one for a plastic one though.

I first worked with him on a gas plant a few years ago, he was my pipe spooler and he is seriously a master fabricator, he takes the drawings home and study's them, I wish I was joking about that, but I'm not
    Then yeah. He IS a master fabricator. I often draw or revise stuff late at night and wake up a few hours later to modify the idea.Nearly every major thing I've ever done in my life was finalized in a dream.
    I'm not taking engineer drawings. I'm talking idea on a paper bag kinda drawings.I'm doing two end tables for a living room. One will have a dog bed inside for a couple yapuauas. The door design didn't get me last night. Maybe tomorrow. I'm going to tack up a couple of frames today to take to the clients house and see if it "slaps me" while I'm doing it. Doubtful. The answer will come while I sleep.
    Last edited by Bonzoo; 06-16-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Re: New job, (possibly) the largest fabrication workshop in the southern hemisphere

Quote Originally Posted by ttoks View Post
    Flip flops? you mean thongs right?
    I spend some time in oz in '97 and '98 and a truckie told me thongs were called 'japanese riding boots'.
    I kinda liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick120 View Post
    Not quite mate, the correct saying is 'Japanese safety boots'....
    Yes, that's what it was.